PDA

View Full Version : wep_prbase300

Killer Svend
August 19th, 2011, 04:32
Hi gents
I have of my best ability tried to install Rami's fine BoB and frankly speeaking, I am not a computerfreak and the whole thing took me appr. a week to download and install and I did my very best to follow the given instuctions for installation inspite that I got constantly a message (starting a campaign) that this and that can't be found in the libery some of the messages are pure rubbish as I know that missing weapons and ships etc. are in the libery. However the above mentioned file wep_prbase300 can't be found anywhere, can somebody help an old fool who desperatly need to kill some stuka's.
Killer Svend:salute:

Rami
August 19th, 2011, 05:38
Killer,

Yeup...that's a big campaign. The Prbase_300 is a weapon that comes with one of the Bf-109s from Paul Rebuffat. When gedm made the "jabo" modification for the AH Bf-109, it requires that base.

It's my fault for not mentioning that. Download this aircraft:

http://www.myzone59.com/rebuffat/luft/109f/Bf 109 F-2 Harder_2.zip

You will then want to install the weapons, placing the files in the proper folders. You won't need the aircraft or the textures.

Killer...your sentiment on the amount of objects required to make this work is well taken, but I felt necessary to truly make it "a cut above" previous works. However, if it is any consolation, you'll notice that if you were to install Chianti Raiders / CAI, the Battle of France, or other such works for the Early ETO, the amount of downloads you need will be far less.

As an example...you'll already have the Gary Burns fields, JHS_England, and JHS_France fields installed, with the requisite objects, as well as the majority of the aircraft you need. I do try to use the same "core" of aircraft, objects, and scenery packages when building my campaigns.

In a Late ETO install, you'd likely be making the same complaint about installing "Battle for Europe," but that would set you up quite nicely for installing other Late ETO campaigns, because what you need is so expansive.

Captain Kurt
August 19th, 2011, 14:25
Once you have Rami's ETO install completed, you can load most of his campaigns with only a few additions regarding planes and some infrastructure objects.

The 354th Fighter Group Campaign I am developing also uses Rami's ETO install so it can be plugged right in with only the addition of the custom aircraft, some infrastructure objects, and there are also several new Advanced Landing Ground temporary airfileds used during the invasion of France and Germany, plus Achim is kindly developing some additional Luftwaffe airfields that were attacked by the 354th during 1944/45. These just add to the airfields you will have already installed.

It's a big project to set up an ETO CFS2 folder, but you only have to do it once and then you have a whole bunch of fine campaigns you can load and fly.

Killer Svend
August 20th, 2011, 07:11
Hi gents
Thank you very much for your effort to help the old man, BoB and I are of the same age
but I do still have some problems re items who can not be found in the libery, i.e the spit's (both of them) can't load wep_300lb_bomb.In free flight I can se that they visual not show up. 40 and 250lb's are ok. the real funny thing is now that all 3 Hurrie's can load all 3 types of bombs? Secondly I do constantly got the message that Ju87_wingrack can't be found. And third when try to open the Sealion campaign. I got the message that a ship called VN_Liberty_ship could not be found,-where can I find this vessel? Please

Rami
August 20th, 2011, 07:19
Killer,

I hate to tell you this, but you are using the old version. I did a new one during this summer for the Royal Air Force, but I have not touched the Luftwaffe yet. I will begin work on that soon after I clear a couple of other projects.

This are the new campaign versions: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?catid=44

However, seeing as how you have worked to get up the old version, here are the links.

But as far as the wingrack goes: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?action=jump&catid=17&id=890

VN_Liberty_Ship: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/page.php?lloc=downloads&loc=downloads&page=info&FileID=1142

Killer Svend
August 21st, 2011, 01:48
Rami
Thanks for the info. wingrack and liberty ship installed and sealion has taken of but still not able to fly BoB caused by the combination of spit's and 500lb bomb any idea of what the problem could be?
I am looking to your new BoB and would like to know if I have to start from scratch or can I use some of the old downloads? I am seriously thinking about complete delete the CFS2, make a virgin installation and start the work from Adam and Eve. I have the time and I am patient and stubborn this is my only qualification handling this blo.. computer.
Thanks in beforehand.

Rami
August 21st, 2011, 04:21
Rami
Thanks for the info. wingrack and liberty ship installed and sealion has taken of but still not able to fly BoB caused by the combination of spit's and 500lb bomb any idea of what the problem could be?
I am looking to your new BoB and would like to know if I have to start from scratch or can I use some of the old downloads? I am seriously thinking about complete delete the CFS2, make a virgin installation and start the work from Adam and Eve. I have the time and I am patient and stubborn this is my only qualification handling this blo.. computer.
Thanks in beforehand.

Killer,

No, you shouldn't have to start from scratch, but sometimes, that can be a good thing.