PDA

View Full Version : Turkey's T-129 attack helicopter prototype makes successful first

CWOJackson
August 17th, 2011, 10:53
Turkish Aerospace Industries (TAI) has successfully flown the first prototype of its T129 attack helicopter

The first flight, conducted by TAI’s test pilots, of T129 “P6” prototype helicopter has timely and successfully been completed at TAI’s facilities in Akıncı (Ankara) the company said today. The ATAK Program was initiated with the aim to meet the Attack/Tactical Reconnaissance Helicopter requirements of the Turkish Land Forces Command (TLF) by the integration of high-tech avionic equipment, hardware and software which will be developed in Turkey.

The first flight of the P6 prototype marks an important milestone in the ATAK Program and is the first of three T129 prototypes which are being assembled in Turkey.
The helicopter is based on the Agusta Westland A129 Mongoose which has been the mainstay of the Italian army and has been operational in Iraq and Afghanistan.

The T-129 ATAK is an enhanced version of the Italian built A129, and its development is now the responsibility of TAI, with AgustaWestland as the primary partner.

Piglet
August 17th, 2011, 19:36
I like the olive on the nose!:icon_lol:

stansdds
August 18th, 2011, 02:10
I like the olive on the nose!:icon_lol:

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol: :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

SixGhost
August 18th, 2011, 03:51
Err...the first prototype of the T-129 flew in 2009 and in 2010 crashed a few kms from where I live. This is the first Turkish built prototype.
A little curiosity, Agusta named the A-129 Mangusta (Mongoose) to make it clear that she would defeat (AH-1) Cobra's!:icon_lol: