PDA

View Full Version : NVidia settings.

olderndirt
August 13th, 2011, 16:43
My card is a GTX460 and I downloaded and installed new driver 280.26. Had been using NVidia Inspector but reset that to default and did my settings in NVidia Control Panel, pretty much in line with what I had. My first screenshot had jaggies, even on straight lines - very disappointing. Ingame is Anisotropic and AA checked while the CP are 16x and 8x, to override. Have I just shot myself in the foot?

Peter SWE
August 14th, 2011, 02:10
I've got a nvidia 460 oc, AA set to overide and 32x and i also have jaggies, AA set to 32 helps but there are still jaggies here and there.

idahosurge
August 14th, 2011, 03:28
I installed the 280.26 drivers yesterday for my GTX 480. After installation I went into Nvidia Inspector and entered all my original settings back in for FSX then hit apply. My sim looks great.

I would suggest that you go back and try Nvidia Inspector rather than trying to use the Nvidia Control Panel, with FSX that has never worked well for most people, that is why people made nHancer and later Nvidia Inspector.

falcon409
August 14th, 2011, 04:13
In game is Anisotropic and AA checked while the CP are 16x and 8x, to override. Have I just shot myself in the foot?
Yep, pretty much. Go back to "Inspector" use Nick's outline for the correct settings and then don't touch it unless you change drivers.:salute:

http://www.simforums.com/forums/nhancer-settings-for-new-drivers-updated-v1932_topic36586.html

olderndirt
August 14th, 2011, 09:43
Yep, pretty much. Go back to "Inspector" use Nick's outline for the correct settings and then don't touch it unless you change drivers.:salute:

http://www.simforums.com/forums/nhancer-settings-for-new-drivers-updated-v1932_topic36586.htmlBack using Inspector with Nick's settings. One area of confusion. Below the two 'shots, he states to be sure in-game filtering is Trilinear and AA is unchecked - wan't to be sure here as it contradicts a lot I've read.

Thoe6969
August 14th, 2011, 09:58
Back using Inspector with Nick's settings. One area of confusion. Below the two 'shots, he states to be sure in-game filtering is Trilinear and AA is unchecked - wan't to be sure here as it contradicts a lot I've read. Nick is correct.

olderndirt
August 14th, 2011, 16:37
Believe he is. Tried it with all his specs and must admit - it ain't bad.

falcon409
August 14th, 2011, 20:22
Excellent. . .Nick's information goes against a lot I've read too, but a whole lot of folks swear by what he says and I have no reason to think otherwise. His settings have always worked when nothing else has. It's a good choice to stick with that.:salute:

roger-wilco-66
August 14th, 2011, 22:27
I also use the Nvidia Inspector and have no problems - maybe we could share the NI configuration files here? As far as I can remember they are seperate files that can be assigned in the Inspector. I used Nicks config as a baseline, but made several individual adjustments for my GFX card (GTX460).
I'm not at home right now, but when I return this evening I'll attach it and post it here.

Cheers,
Mark

OleBoy
October 2nd, 2011, 13:19
Mainly for clarification. What's the latest version of Nvidia Inspector? I downloaded it from the link above, and it's v1.932

Thoe6969
October 2nd, 2011, 14:07
Mainly for clarification. What's the latest version of Nvidia Inspector? I downloaded it from the link above, and it's v1.932 I have version 1.995 ,downloaded in April.

OleBoy
October 2nd, 2011, 14:32
I have version 1.995 ,downloaded in April.

I'd be willing to use that new version. I'll toss in my older version, along with two empty beer cans if you'd share the link the version you have!! :icon_lol:

I managed to find v1.9.5.5, unless your reply was a typo.

spatialpro
October 2nd, 2011, 14:41
On a related note, does anyone know if the nVidia Inspector settings (and in game) are different for DX10 Preview? If so, how?

Thanks

Andy

Thoe6969
October 2nd, 2011, 15:11
I'd be willing to use that new version. I'll toss in my older version, along with two empty beer cans if you'd share the link the version you have!! :icon_lol:

I managed to find v1.9.5.5, unless your reply was a typo. Sorry ,had an old fart moment,it is 1.955,so not a lot newer but I,m sure there are some updates.

Roger
October 3rd, 2011, 01:31
I have the 2 gig ram version and have AA and Anisotropic off in the game and on to high settings in the video card to divert some of the work from the cpu to the gpu. Also I use the EVGA utility to monitor temps etc and it also has a great auto fan utility. Also please note that vertical sync is set to Use the 3D app.... This is because I have it set in my FsX.cfg as per Jesus Altuve's suggestion.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/NvIns.jpg

Roger
October 3rd, 2011, 01:51
Here's a link to the EVGA utility which should work with all Nvidia cards. You can see I've used it to overclock my 460 a little.
http://www.evga.com/precision/

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/evga.jpg

XLR8
October 3rd, 2011, 08:10
Sorry to hijack the thread here.

I have a small problem that maybe someone can help with. I have a EVGA 470 1280mb superclocked (OC).The problem I have is when I use pretty much any driver other than 270.61 I get a stutter.I have tried the new beta driver 285.38 .Tried several drivers and get this anoying stutter.It only happens in FSX.

OleBoy
October 3rd, 2011, 11:38
I'm using version 280.26 with my GTX570. They seem to work well, all except an appearance of what seems like the screen is under water (if that makes sense) occasionally there is an appearance of water flowing as if like a wave in a pool

Roger
October 3rd, 2011, 11:46
Sorry to hijack the thread here.

I have a small problem that maybe someone can help with. I have a EVGA 470 1280mb superclocked (OC).The problem I have is when I use pretty much any driver other than 270.61 I get a stutter.I have tried the new beta driver 285.38 .Tried several drivers and get this anoying stutter.It only happens in FSX.

Stick with the drivers that work. That's what I've done.

warchild
October 3rd, 2011, 12:02
With the way I bounce between windows, applications, aero and standard the 280 version of the drivers was corrupting itself about every three days causing my system to not boot visually, and being no small pain..
I've gone back to 270..

XLR8
October 3rd, 2011, 12:12
Here's a link to the EVGA utility which should work with all Nvidia cards. You can see I've used it to overclock my 460 a little.
http://www.evga.com/precision/

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/evga.jpg

Yeah.Great utility . Been using it for a couple of years now.Get the OC scanner and it will test the OC.

XLR8
October 3rd, 2011, 12:13

Yeah,thats what I have been doing.The 270.61 don't work well in the BF3 beta though.

stansdds
October 4th, 2011, 02:02

Couldn't agree more! I'm still using 182.50 on my 8800GT simply because they work very well for this card.

I've read lots of complaints about the 280 series drivers, seems most people try them and those that don't end up with a damaged video card go back to 270.61 or 275.33.

txnetcop
October 4th, 2011, 03:00
With Nvidia I never take on the new upgrade until I read everything about it's performance first! The 270 series are awesome on the 200, 400, and 500 series video cards. By the way with the Nividia Inspector you don't need the EVGA utility as the overclocking tab at the bottom right lets you overclock your video cards very well.