PDA

View Full Version : 'Congrats Kurt Busch On A Nationwide Win At The Glen!'

Panther_99FS
August 13th, 2011, 16:17
And "kudos" to Joey Logano who had a strong 3rd....:applause:
http://nationwide.nascar.com/nationwide-series/news/110813/kbusch-win-watkins-glen/index.html

EasyEd
August 13th, 2011, 17:30
Hey All,

And a couple other points...

1) Kudo's to Brad Keselowski who asked Kurt to take his place. Two road races in one weekend was probably asking Brad to do a bit much on a broken ankle which is harder to overcome than what Hamlin suffered a year or two ago.

2) Look who was second in his first Nationwide race in who knows how many years in a car unknown to him and a crew chief unknown to him and on a road course. Yet everybody says Jimmie only wins because of Chad!

3) Kyle continues to drive polite - I like that. Hate to see him up on the wheel aggressive.

Great job Kurt and Joey!

-Ed-

Panther_99FS
August 13th, 2011, 17:53
Yet everybody says Jimmie only wins because of Chad!

Ed-

I agree!
Chad is an average crew chief (note Jimmie's performance when Chad was suspended a few years back) with a supremely above average driver...:)

EasyEd
August 13th, 2011, 23:07
Hey All,

Everybody mark down this date!

Ed and Ed agree on something!!!

Anybody who has seen me post here knows or can guess that I think Jimmie Johnson is unequivocally one of the best drivers to ever sit behind the wheel of a stock car. Is he better than David Pearson (who I think is the best ever)? I don't know as I want to go there yet but he is sure getting there.

With respect to Chad... I think Chad is way way above average - so much of how good a CC is depends on how well they communicate with their driver and make the right calls and adjustments. Chad is really good at this - especially when it counts - but so was Ray Evernham and Jeff Gordon and the greatest (based on records) Dale Inman and King Richard. Some CCs and their drivers just "click" - when that happens it is just magic. That said a driver has to have a car and that is up to him/(her) and the CC but the driver still has to drive it. At the end of the day Chad will go down as one of the best if only for his record with Jimmie.

That said I can't help but wonder how many drivers and crew chiefs never matched up with their perfect "match"? In terms of sheer driving talent - as I see it - I have never seen a driver better than Tim Richmond. What could a Chad and Tim team done? What if Davey had not crashed in that helicopter - what could he and Larry Mac have done?

-Ed-

Panther_99FS
August 14th, 2011, 03:17
Until Knaus goes with another driver for a good period of time, he's still average to me.
In your list if drivers, you need to add Adam Petty & Kenny Irwin Jr....