PDA

View Full Version : Brrrrrrr...

djscoo
December 10th, 2008, 19:14
It's cold! :snowman: a few snow flurries are falling outside my window right now...a strange sight down here. Any other southerners feeling this cold?
Luckily the high on Tuesday is supposed to be back up to 76.

MudMarine
December 10th, 2008, 20:02
:snowman::snowman: It's about 15 degress here in Buffalo NY, with about 6 inches of snow and more coming. It rained yesterday and melted all the snow. We're getting it back now. That was the warmest day we've had in three weeks. It's been a cold winter so far, average temp. around 20.:snowman::snowman:

smoores
December 10th, 2008, 20:44
If I told you that it was a cold 73 today, would you get mad?

Brian_Gladden
December 11th, 2008, 03:40
:snowman::snowman: It's about 15 degress here in Buffalo NY, with about 6 inches of snow and more coming. It rained yesterday and melted all the snow. We're getting it back now. That was the warmest day we've had in three weeks. It's been a cold winter so far, average temp. around 20.:snowman::snowman:

I hear ya Mud... Did the same here over in Vermont yesterday. Calling for up to a foot of the white stuff by tomorrow night....

Fun fun :banghead:

Brian

djscoo
December 11th, 2008, 05:35
:jawdrop:
When I woke up this morning there was about an inch and a half of snow on the ground...thats the most snow i've seen in my life. Sad, I know.:redf:

cheezyflier
December 11th, 2008, 05:46

i'm not too far away, in toronto. i'm hoping with all my heart that we don't get as much snow this winter, as all the rain we had this summer.

Lionheart
December 11th, 2008, 09:25
About 30F last night at the coldest. I had my window open, cieling fan on low cruise RPM :d ..... Loving the cool air.

<--- its very rare in Phoenix, so I am enjoying it while I can.. no snow though.....

At least you guys dont live in Northern Sweden or Timmens Canada. Blue winters..

Bill

Odie
December 11th, 2008, 12:35
It's in the 20's here just south of the Wisconsin border. There is actually some heat to be felt off of the sun today.

CG_1976
December 11th, 2008, 12:48
Anyone needing Snow slide on over to Green Bay. I'll give it to you free. yes were tundra chilly.

cheezyflier
December 11th, 2008, 13:27
About 30F last night at the coldest. I had my window open, cieling fan on low cruise RPM :d ..... Loving the cool air.

<--- its very rare in Phoenix, so I am enjoying it while I can.. no snow though.....

At least you guys dont live in Northern Sweden or Timmens Canada. Blue winters..

Bill

even though it is kinda cold here, i have the radiators turned off, and the a/c is still in the window. they keep this bldg so warm i haven't used my heat since i moved in :icon_lol:

oh, and timmons isn't that far from here (if you're flying a dc-3 in fsx)

Navy Chief
December 11th, 2008, 17:50
62 degrees here in Farner, TN today. Rain though.

NC

GT182
December 11th, 2008, 18:34
66*s and cloudy here on the 10th of Dec. Only in the mid 40s here today with constant rain, and it's been heavy at times.

After a dry summer it seems we're now in the monsoon season here. Sure is different than being up north where we'd surely be having snow.

viking3
December 11th, 2008, 21:49
Environment Canada tells me it is a crisp -29C/-20F with a bit of North wind for a windchill of -35ish either way you count it. In other words damn cold.:kilroy: Ma Nature has her winter coat on though, with about 7-8 inches of white stuff so far this winter. About all you can do when it's like this is lots of :ernae: followed by lots of :bs: and eventually :friday:. Hence the invention of vodka, did I mention we have a distillery here in Gimli. Crown Royal rye is made there. Very good for taking away the chill of night North of Winterpig.

Cheers, Rob:ernae::bs::friday:

Brian_Gladden
December 12th, 2008, 03:22
Currently I've got about 8 inches of fresh white stuff on the ground. It's switched over to freezing rain at the moment giving it a nice crust (Damn hard to shovel) and it is predicted to switch back over to snow later. We're supposed to get between 9-13 inches in Central VT.

Sounds like a good day to stay inside and fly FS.

Brian

lifejogger
December 12th, 2008, 04:16
We had our first snow in the Panhandle of Texas on Monday, Dec 8. Been the teens at night for the last couple of days and in the 30s during the days.
All the trees have lost their leaves, looks like winter has arrived.

Lionus
December 12th, 2008, 04:40
we're currently at 32F here in Finland.. but if we get lucky, we might get all the way down to -42F. that happened few years ago, it was pretty amusing since all these Mercedes and citroen diesels were towed to shop since their exhausts were frozen shut due condensed water in the exhaust system. After all, day before that crazy cold were mostly rainy.. :icon_lol:

Odie
December 12th, 2008, 06:13
Crystal clear skies here last night in Northern Illinois made for a chilly 11 degree Friday morning.

Full moon last night, too.