PDA

View Full Version : cfs2 gmax game pack

gius
August 13th, 2011, 02:39
Hi to to all,
actually i'm working with gmax and modelconverterx in order to make some buildings for my Berlin scenery, but i can't convert the gmax scene to a Cfs bgl because of the lack of the game pack. Since it's no more available on the outhouse can someone post it here?
Thanks in advance
Gius

simonu
August 13th, 2011, 03:23
Hi Gius, The situation is, there was an unofficial game pack for CFS2, it actually contained a version of the Gmax plugin "MakeMdl" that shipped with FS2002 pro and is owned by microsoft. In the past I myself have posted copies of this software on this forum, but now we cannot share this on the public forum for fear of bringing the wrath of MicroSoft down on the heads of sim-outhouse.
This version of Makemdl can compile directly CFS2 aircraft models. It is not available to download any place I can tell you about, so if you see FS2002 Pro for sale any where, grab it!
However it is not needed to create CFS2 library bgls. In fact there is no Gmax plug in that does this, instead we have to follow a process. Of compiling an Fs model but saving and using the BGLC assembler file. You can do this with the version of MakeMdl that ships with the FS9 gamepack that can be downloaded. There are other tools you need. Robert John explains all in his excellent tutorial here (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?catid=49&linkid=3761). Cheers

rhumbaflappy
August 13th, 2011, 13:59
If you are using ModelConverterX, you can save the x file, then run that through the FS2002 MakeMDL, which is legally available here:

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=95

If you somehow need to use gmax, and don't have the FS2002 Professional edition, you can make models in the free FS2004 gamepack, run through ModelconverterX for the x file, and then use FS2002 MakeMDL.

If you want to make a library of the object, then you need to get the ASM files saved from MakeMDL...

Dick