PDA

View Full Version : Crazy Idea... But hear me out

PilatusTurbo
August 11th, 2011, 21:56
I just had a wicked FS vision... Imagine if we could have a little fantasy version of FSX, to where the ground was still lit up like daytime, but the sky was dark like night time with stars and the moon.

Sounds totally insane, but I just had the vision, and it seems totally cool. Just picture it...

Point: Are there any scenery gurus that can shed light on this possibility? Can it be done, or is it just outside the scope of FSX scenery mods?

If ya read this and can share, don't just pass it up; please reply with any info you might have. :ernae:

Mathias
August 11th, 2011, 22:07
Reminds me of the good old original CFS 1, that looked exactly like that at night.:kilroy::icon_lol:

roger-wilco-66
August 12th, 2011, 00:10
AFAIK the ground textures in the scenery folders have separate night textures. Copying the day textures and renaming them with a batch renaming tool (overwrite the night textures while doing so) should give you day textures at night.
I can't check that positivly, have no FSX here at the moment. And - be sure to backup the original night textures to a safe place.

For a wierd FSX experiance it probably would be easier to eat a mushroom and go FSXing though :wiggle:

Cheers,
Mark

PS: You also could replace the moon texture with a huge Saturn version, hehe!

roger-wilco-66
August 12th, 2011, 03:31
Now you got me mulling over this.

One also could change the default sky color texture files, maybe download the HDE textures and edit them:

http://simviation.com/1/search?submit=1&keywords=hde+

Then work over New Zealand (outlandish landscape in some areas, overseeable size) with new landclasses and highres mesh, download Tims and other Spaceships...

Sounds interesting!

Cheers,
Mark

PilatusTurbo
August 12th, 2011, 07:42
Eat a shroom and go FSX'ing! LOL! I swear I wasn't doing anything hallucinogenic last night, but just thought it would be sweet and trippy as hell to see FS like that.

We'll have to look into modding those textures, though, I've not much clue as to where to start with that process. Sounds simple, but I'm much better at testing and reviewing stuff, not modifying anything.

Tried to do A repaint years ago... Nah... :d :ernae:

flyingip
August 12th, 2011, 09:04
I once had a graphic issue, my sky turned completely black while the ground was still normal. The sun was still visible so it felt like I was in space :kilroy:

PilatusTurbo
August 12th, 2011, 09:27
See, that's what I'm talking about. I don't want a Moon simulator or somethin' weirder like that... :d But, it would be trippy to see that space look, too. :ernae:

Piglet
August 12th, 2011, 20:07
There was a FS9 outfit that made a "Moon Conversion" add-on. Made the earth into the Moon! Never mind the real Moon is only like 1/4 the size of earth.
Even came with a Moonbase and space vehicles.
Back in CFS1, I put a pigface on my water tex's. All bodies of water were covered in pigfaces!

Barnes
August 12th, 2011, 23:37
There was a FS9 outfit that made a "Moon Conversion" add-on. Made the earth into the Moon! Never mind the real Moon is only like 1/4 the size of earth.
Even came with a Moonbase and space vehicles.
Back in CFS1, I put a pigface on my water tex's. All bodies of water were covered in pigfaces!

Yes - i bought that moon conversion - not sure what it was called - it was excellent