PDA

View Full Version : Worth The Wait

strikehawk
August 7th, 2011, 12:40
A few years ago Nemeth announced the release of their H-53, the Pilot Shop at Flightsim stated that it was for FS9 and FSX so I picked it up the first chance I got. Found out that I was FSX only and was not happy that I had blown that money on something I could not use. Oh, well I put the zip file in a HD folder and went on my way. Now that I have FSX I installed it the other day and ran it last night.

I'm happy I waited, and happy that I saved the file for later use. This is one bird you have to use the check list for preflight and start up. Once I got the blades turning it was into the air for a quick check flight. Better than I expected, and better that I did wait, I have more helo time under my belt, when this came out I would not have had a good flight. I even hit the flight deck of the USS New York while the boat was moving. Not pretty but I did it, the launch was better.

I am now realizing how much I missed out listening to and reading about all the bad things about FSX, and I regret parroting those same comments. Should have done the switch years ago.

PilatusTurbo
August 7th, 2011, 20:27
Just recently made the FSX convert, myself. It's a much better sim; however, it still needs some tweaking to get silky FPS out of it. I still won't be going back to FS9, even though I have 1000x more invested in FS9 over the years. Hey, if you're gonna, ya gotta just move on at some point. :ernae: