PDA

View Full Version : Square smoke generated

strykerpsg
August 6th, 2011, 18:22
All,

I swear I used the search function but haven't found an answer to this problem. After purchasing the C-17 and PMDG 737 NGX, I was so enthralled with cockpit and exterior, I neglected to look at other AI until noticing when I saw a higher flying aircraft passing my location, there appeared a strange black line as an exhaust trail. I then scanned out on current aircraft being flown and noticed my exhaust trail is very blocky. Has anyone else seen this happen? The rest of the FSX environment looks fantastic. I have the latest drivers and DX. Any thoughts on it being a driver issue and if so, why only the exhust affected? (just my theory on whats become broken.) I recently purchased the newest Orbx addition for their Rockies scenery, as well as updated UTX.

Matt

falcon409
August 6th, 2011, 18:28
Normally, that's a sign of missing effects textures.:salute:

strykerpsg
August 6th, 2011, 18:44
Normally, that's a sign of missing effects textures.:salute:

Falcon, thanks. Any ideas how to fix the missing texture?

Matt

falcon409
August 6th, 2011, 19:02
First thing I'd do is look through the aircraft.cfg to see what effect/textures are called up and be sure those are present in your effects and texture folders. If not, you should be able to load them again off the installation disc, but I'm not sure exactly where you'd find them, might have to do some searching.