PDA

View Full Version : Wow, take a look at this...Nature flow

limjack
August 6th, 2011, 17:46
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEYNAVpRScE&feature=player_embedded

mfitch
August 6th, 2011, 21:19
This looks nice. I wonder if it will require extensive resources. PeopleFlow works without slowing down my system. Perhaps this will be reasonably close.

spotlope
August 6th, 2011, 22:52
This looks nice. I wonder if it will require extensive resources. PeopleFlow works without slowing down my system. Perhaps this will be reasonably close.

First off, it'll only be used locally in very specific airport projects, so no worries about a whole forest of leaf-droppers destroying your frame rates. Secondly, it'll be a control panel item like any other that you can switch off if you find it has too much of a hit on your system. John V. says it exacts about a 5-7fps toll on his rig. I haven't tried it yet, so I can't say how it is on mine. For what you get, that's a pretty small dip. Russ White is a pro when it comes to cool tech that's resource-friendly. He did PeopleFlow, and this is another of his babies.

Barnes
August 6th, 2011, 22:57
At last - a tree simulator!

jeansy
August 6th, 2011, 23:56
At last - a tree simulator!

ha ha ha

roger-wilco-66
August 7th, 2011, 00:44
That's awesome. I find it amazing what can be developed under FSX with some ingenuity and creativity.

I think I'm going to buy that.

Cheers,
Mark

Isra
August 7th, 2011, 01:13
isn't it a Farmer-Simulator?

YoYo
August 7th, 2011, 01:41
Does Developer have too mutch free time ? ;) Looking very interesting and on video is absolutely gorgeous but Im not sure about nessesery of this high level of Nature. See 1C and his Cliffs of Dover. They did animations of grass and trees - and it was disaster for many PC. Now the sim is unplayable. Good idea but for future processor in 2016. Perhaps better to add next scenery for Australia or USA in my opinion :).
Regards.

Barnes
August 7th, 2011, 01:49
I agree yoyo - Cliffs of Dover has been deleted off my PC as its a slide show compared to every other game on there.

Bruce Thompson
August 7th, 2011, 02:01
That looks awsome, can't wait to get that on my system.

TeiscoDelRay
August 7th, 2011, 06:30
Cliffs of Dover works very well on many pcs including mine. It is one of the most advanced sims in terms of graphics I have ever used and the details are amazing. FSX was not playable on most pcs at first but now most can play it easily.

If you want high tech you must be high tech.

LouP
August 7th, 2011, 06:48
Wow, long overdue IMO. Wonder if any of this technology is being looked at by MS. Combine this with FTX's cloud shadows (if they are still working on it) and I'll be taking virtual walks through the countryside :running:

LouP

Barnes
August 7th, 2011, 07:09
Cliffs of Dover works very well on many pcs including mine. It is one of the most advanced sims in terms of graphics I have ever used and the details are amazing. FSX was not playable on most pcs at first but now most can play it easily.

Of course you are correct :salute: I feel such an idiot now and so ashamed that i am not high tech enough :mixedsmi:

spotlope
August 7th, 2011, 07:25
Does Developer have too mutch free time ? ;) Looking very interesting and on video is absolutely gorgeous but Im not sure about nessesery of this high level of Nature. See 1C and his Cliffs of Dover. They did animations of grass and trees - and it was disaster for many PC. Now the sim is unplayable. Good idea but for future processor in 2016. Perhaps better to add next scenery for Australia or USA in my opinion :).
Regards.

I guess you didn't read my comment re: FPS above, huh?

flaviossa
August 7th, 2011, 07:27
Very beautiful indeed, but we realy need that degree of vegetation details in a flight simulator? I think we can use our few fps to other things related to simulation. 5-7 fps sometimes is too much to lose. No bashing intended!!! :salute:

Mithrin
August 7th, 2011, 07:28
Personally I don't need that tree so it's good that they include the option to disable it in the control panel. I'm glad they keep looking for new stuff to put into the sim though. FSX is still a far cry from a real flight after all and it's good to have folk who keep pushing in that direction. :)

mal998
August 7th, 2011, 07:58
That is really cool! Orbx is pushing the edge of the technological envelope for FSX, and future sims. Kudos to the brain work that is behind this innovation. I can't even imagine what goes into coding this stuff.

I don't understand why anyone would see this as a negative and complain when a developer moves the bar up a notch, the way Orbx has. If you can switch it off then there should be no problem, right?

Orbx develops scenery, so this is a logical progression for a scenery developer. Ya' know; people moving around, trees blowing in the wind, clouds rolling by.

Keep up the good work Orbx. It's your innovation and quality that keeps me coming back to your products.

YoYo
August 7th, 2011, 08:07

Is it joke? No, Cliffs of Dover hasnt engine for High end PC and no for poor PC. Engine of this game is totally the defeat. Did You be on Forum od Ubi? Did You check opinion on SimHQ? Show me person with good opinion about this sim. For some people 20 fps is very good, for some 40 is still less. Sim has microstuttering too. My machine is High end - i7 3,6Ghz, HD6970 with 2Gb, and CoD is on SSD disk ect. Still the defeat. Why Oleg Maddox left the boat? And please show me screenshot with good Antialiasing and good Aniso. CoD doesnt have implementation of this. Many promises from 5 years, disappointment in the end. I was big fan of IL-2 series and many hours I spent on Hypperlobby, Virtual fronts ect. Have big experience with this tittle with friends.
Ok, but it isnt subject for IL-2 Cliffs of Dover. Let them be in peace. Ciao.

You cant agree... but authors agree with me: http://airwarfare.com/sow/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=230:development-update-6th-august-2011&catid=55:development-updates&Itemid=141 Totally new engine: "Our graphics team is in the middle of a dramatic revision of our graphics engine. The new engine, still in alpha stage, is both faster and better looking".

I guess you didn't read my comment re: FPS above, huh?
Ok Bill! I hope so :).

spotlope
August 7th, 2011, 08:22
Very beautiful indeed, but we realy need that degree of vegetation details in a flight simulator? I think we can use our few fps to other things related to simulation. 5-7 fps sometimes is too much to lose. No bashing intended!!! :salute:

Which is why (not to beat a dead horse) you can just switch it off if it's not for you.

limjack
August 7th, 2011, 09:47
I for one love anything and everything to do with putting more realism into our sim, whatever it may be. Orbx, I hope you continue to feed your passion in putting these creative packages together. It is because of you that flight sim is new and exciting every day.

Jim

Gibbage
August 7th, 2011, 10:28
Bah! Im gonna hold out till they simulate squirls!

spotlope
August 7th, 2011, 11:41

One RodentFlow, coming up! :running:

Mithrin
August 7th, 2011, 11:43
Funny thing is I would prefer more detail on approach as I really don't spend much time on any airport. Still hoping to see rocks getting implemented that way. You know, big boulders and stuff.

Nevertheless. Next month I should be able to buy/prepay this. We've got ourselves a neat circle of high detail airports now in that region...kind of takes me back to the good days of FS 2002/FS9 Georender.

:guinness:

Bjoern
August 7th, 2011, 13:52

I can see some use for animated, detailed objects for a backwater GA field, since things are way closer to the user aircraft.

On real, busy airports, like ORD or LGA though, these trees would just be a waste of CPU cycles.

roger-wilco-66
August 7th, 2011, 22:11
Speaking of new, innovative elements in FSX, it would be great if a dev would come up with an FSX extension that gives the behaviour of ships a bit more realism. I mean rolling and pitching movements, maybe linked to wind velocities.
It is a bit of a dissapointment that MS dumped those functions in FSX, even CFS2 had them.

Cheers,
Mark

Shylock
August 8th, 2011, 02:59
:applause:

Wow is all I can say. That's amazing.

Barnes
August 8th, 2011, 04:17

Excellent idea. I for one have always been facinated by ants on the tarmac whilst waiting for the old Allison to cool down - that would add to realisim for me. :jump:

crashaz
August 8th, 2011, 09:02
Awesome details.... a new groundpounder technological advance! Be sure to pass on my congrats on the work.

Crazy details
Configurable control panel
minor fps hit.

Sounds like a big deal to me. :applause:

MikeH
August 8th, 2011, 12:21
Absolutely brilliant concept.

Let's keep moving forward I say.

Mike

dvj
August 8th, 2011, 14:49
We must assume this is a beta. The tree and weed movements look very unnatural. What I would like to see is a pizza delivery sim. Fly up to a pizza joint, place your order, and get and actual delivery in about 20 minutes to your door. Now that would rock!

How about more realistic lightening/thunder effects with t-storms, landscape shader controls, "god's rays", surf action on waves, wave swells, cloud shadows, dust storms, Pitch and roll on AI ships - especially the carriers.

d

LouP
August 8th, 2011, 15:25
Speaking of new, innovative elements in FSX, it would be great if a dev would come up with an FSX extension that gives the behaviour of ships a bit more realism. I mean rolling and pitching movements, maybe linked to wind velocities.
It is a bit of a dissapointment that MS dumped those functions in FSX, even CFS2 had them.

Cheers,
Mark

Ughmmm, Mark.... I have a helo carrier from Alphasim that ptiches and rolls all over the place. Real fun trying to land a chopper on that thing :wiggle:

LouP