PDA

View Full Version : Dino's T-45C V2.10 latest version is available!

papab
August 6th, 2011, 03:42
This version has the Instructors cockpit!
Get it here:
http://indiafoxtecho.blogspot.com/

Rick

flewpastu
August 6th, 2011, 04:26
WOW, downloaded and flew. Great plane Dino,instructor cockpit waahoo, Great job Dino :guinness:

Carvalho
August 6th, 2011, 04:32
Thanks for the HU!Downloading:jump:

Mithrin
August 6th, 2011, 04:42
Very nice!

VCN-1
August 6th, 2011, 05:12
Great news.

Dino, thank you for your efforts. Just fantastic.

The T-45C has become my default aircraft.

VT-86 instructs the future NFOs and WSOs.

VCN-1

Felixthreeone
August 6th, 2011, 05:26
This is EXCELLENT!!!!! Thank you Dino!!!

alain0568
August 6th, 2011, 09:44
Hi,

--:applause::applause::applause:

-Thank you,Dino!

Alain

-

jojohnson9
August 6th, 2011, 11:51
This 'Hawk is great...love the rear cockpit. One minor mixup, the "B200 CoNA" variation is the same as the "A101 CoNA" variation. I copied the correct files out of the 2.00 version to fix it.
Thanks again for a fantastic trainer.

piperarcherpilot
August 6th, 2011, 12:45
Hmm, I'm now getting sound issues with this release. When I change views and go back to the cockpit, the engine sounds are 'stuck' at high RPM until I move the throttle around and then it jumps to the right setting. I found that if the v2.01 sound folder is used instead of that of the v2.10, you obviously lose the GPWS, but the sound problems go away.

I much preferred the DX9 canopy glass, too. Has anything else in the model been changed? If I copy the mdl files from the 2.01 release into the 2.10 folders, (and the changed glass textures) will it mess anything up?

Tartuffe
August 6th, 2011, 12:54
Thanks for the HU !!!! :salute:

ramjet
August 6th, 2011, 13:26
Thanks Rick,

I've had the new t45 since Dino released it and I will be even more impressed with the new version. Again he raised the bar and jumped over it. I look forward to loading the update and seeing the changes.

good flights, Cal

Lateral-G
August 6th, 2011, 20:15
V2.10 looks great! The gear stance is now like the real one.

Thanks Dino! :salute:

-G-

Dino Cattaneo
August 7th, 2011, 00:40
All,
Thanks for the appreciation(and thanks to Rick for providing the HU to this forum).

@jojohnson9
I have verified your remark, and it seems to me that the textures are correct and there is no need to replace them. However, texture.200 and texture.150 have a texture.cfg file left there by mistake. This .cfg allows the reuse of textures by one repaint from another - I've tried to use this feature (as it allows to save a lot of installation space) but sometimes it seems not to work correctly (may show a different repaint than the one you've selected). So I suggest you remove manually the texture.cfg from the aforementioned folders.

@piperarcherpilot
I am sorry that you do have problems with the new version (or feel this version is a step back in some areas). With respect also to your comment in another T-45C thread:

- Canopy reflection. Yes, the DX10 compatible looks worse. But I felt the change was not huge and solved the issue of many users complaining for the "lack" of the canopy in DX10. This material used a trick that made it invisible in DX10. So I preferred a little degradation in the visuals but have a wider compatibility.
The new material is not textured - the texture is unchanged and should be still there.
Changing the .mdl with the old one will probably screw the gear animation sequence (you may do it but you should also change the gear points).
I will create a fix for your "problem" (although I do not consider that a problem) by recompiling the latest .mdl with the DX9 glass material. Will post a dowload link to the mdl only on my blog.

- Sound "jam". I have experienced this problem too. But it is surely not related to the sound folder, as it is exactly the same of the previous release (I just deleted the file_id and the thumbnails that generated some confusion but have no function).
I think the problem is due to the "sound cone" technology used by the soundpack that may be "jammed" by the fact that there are two cockpits. Or it may be (as you say) this problem is due to the activation of Bitchin'Betty sounds (which are controlled by the aircraft.cfg - very last lines in this case). I had no time to verify that so far.

mjrhealth
August 7th, 2011, 01:56
Must say that you have truly outdone yourself with this one, The instructor cockpit gives a different point of view and makes it more enjoyable to fly. Trapped her on first attempt, next to try one from the instructor cockpit.

Thanks a heap

jojohnson9
August 7th, 2011, 08:35
Thanks, Dino. Removed the texture.cfg and all works fine now.

piperarcherpilot
August 7th, 2011, 12:07
Hi Dino, I'm sorry if my comments sounded harsh. The T-45 is a real work of art; I know others have said it, but I'll say it too - its one of the nicest freeware releases ever for FSX. And I do understand the compatibility issues with the glass material, and I agree its a fair trade to have the less realistic textures so it works on everyone's setup. I guess I just really got attached to the awesome reflections of the previous material. It would be great if you'd make the mdl available, but dont worry about it if its an annoyance - the jet is fine as is!

As for the sound issue, I agree it doesnt make sense that its related to the GPWS sounds, but I have moved the old and new sound folders in and out and done a lot of test flying, and I only get the glitch with the new sound folder. Maybe its something my setup doesnt like about it. I also get similar issues with the A2A P40.

Stefano Zibell
August 7th, 2011, 15:42
I agree its a fair trade to have the less realistic textures so it works on everyone's setup. I guess I just really got attached to the awesome reflections of the previous material. It would be great if you'd make the mdl available.

It was never about textures, and the model with the old shader is available in his blog.

Dino Cattaneo
August 8th, 2011, 04:31
@piperarcherpilot

No problem - and no, I never thought your comments sounded harsh. Not that I have any problem with harsh comments at all - I've received several in the past, and they are helpful, indeed - they are much more helpful than praise.

Anyway, as Stefano said, there is an alternate .mdl available for download on my blog.

Walter
August 8th, 2011, 05:19
Anyway, as Stefano said, there is an alternate .mdl available for download on my blog.

Thanks for the fancy glass! :icon_lol:

letourn
August 8th, 2011, 05:36
Thank you Dino for all your work. Great plane to fly.

aeronca1
August 8th, 2011, 07:28
Not that I have any problem with harsh comments at all - I've received several in the past, and they are helpful, indeed - they are much more helpful than praise.

Well said!!! I'm a programmer by trade and gushing comments of praise are great for the ego, but do nothing at all to help with glitches and bugs which I KNOW exist in my various projects.

Having said that, your bird is wonderful! I love it!

skyhawka4m
August 8th, 2011, 08:51
Dino.....thank you sir for taking care of the gear issue. A true gem of an aircraft! :salute:

piperarcherpilot
August 8th, 2011, 12:41
Thanks Dino! I think this one is pretty darn close to perfect now...

:applause:

papab
August 8th, 2011, 14:05
Dino,
Just flew a couple ILS flights...
Fantastic Bird---perfect

Thank you for all of your hours spent tweaking this..:applause:

Rick

dougal
August 8th, 2011, 14:17
Dino, I'm not qualified to know anything what-so-ever about what might be right or wrong with this addon.

What I CAN tell you is, that for me, she is AWSOME!

Thanks mate!

MikeH
August 9th, 2011, 11:07
This bird's absolutely superb.
:applause:
Many thanks Dino for all your hard work.

Mike

sparouty
August 10th, 2011, 10:55
HI!
I worked on this (great) T45C in order to adapt the little work-around I used to ajust the catapult end speed.
As I will be in vacation for the 3 coming weeks I decided to share this addon with you without waiting for a complete beta test session (I hope Dino you'll OK for this unsual release process...)

Here is the link for trying (testing?) this package:
http://royalefrenchnavy.gratisim.fr/Creations/T-45C_CustomCatapult.zip (http://royalefrenchnavy.gratisim.fr/Creations/T-45C_CustomCatapult.zip)

In addition a quick screenshot of the Goshawk in action using my gauge :icon_lol:

Regards,
Sylvain

rwstacey
November 14th, 2011, 16:17
Anyone had issues with flight control on the Goshawk after a carrier launch? First flight out from ground port to carrier is fine, but after first carrier launch, my joystick is dead, absolutely no controls. If I reload FSX, it works fine until first carrier launch.

FlameOut
November 14th, 2011, 16:50
Me got no problems, old humble & rumble MS Forcefeed back II, sorry to be of no help.

heywooood
November 14th, 2011, 17:04
Dino C. T45 / F14 ( Javier Carrier x AICarriers ) = FSX Hall of Fame

ZsoltB
February 3rd, 2012, 11:00
The paintkit available?

papab
February 3rd, 2012, 12:47
The paintkit available?

Jump over to Dino's web site:
http://indiafoxtecho.blogspot.com/

Right hand side ,scroll down a bit, and you will see Dino's picture, click on his picture and you can send him a message from there..

Hope that helps
Rick