PDA

View Full Version : Ants Sierra V1.2 update now available

anthony31
August 4th, 2011, 19:32
Hello all

As some may have noticed in the other thread about the Sierra version 1.2 update for the Sierra is now available.

I thought I'd just start a new thread about the 1.2 update as that way anyone glancing through the forums will see the title and realise there is an update available.

VERSION 1.2 update includes the following changes:
- New custom 296 GPS gauge.
- New Trutrak autopilot.
- Reworked lighting system for panel and gauges.
- Hot switchable RPM gauge to select between engine or prop RPM.
- Hot switchable Airspeed gauge to select between knots or km/h.
- New Sierra Setup program to set user preferences.
- 3 new liveries.
- Various other bug fixes (including the rain not sticking to the canopy when at speed and the canopy is open)

If you recently purchased the Sierra (like, within the last day or two) your installer should be called AntsSierraV120.exe which indicates you have version 1.2. To find out what version you have installed just open the Pilot’s Handbook, the version number is written in the header of each page.

HOW TO INSTALL VERSION 1.2
Firstly, you will need to download the new installer (AntsSierraV120.exe or AntsSierra.zip if you bought via simmarket). Log on to your user account at the store you bought the Sierra from. You should then be able to download the new installer file from your user account. If you have installed any repaints then make a note of the FLTSIM entries from the aircraft.cfg. You will need to reenter these FLTSIM entries into the new aircraft.cfg file was the installer has finished installing version 1.2. Now, run the installer (AntsSierraV120.exe) and follow the onscreen instructions. The installer is a complete version of the Sierra and should install directly over the existing version without any problems so there is no need to uninstall any previous version.

At the moment I am sure that simmarket (download name is AntsSierra.zip), fspilotshop and flightsimstore have the new update ready to go. I haven't heard back from the PC Aviator stores yet although I have forwarded them the information.

More information and four new screenshots of the new panel setup are available here:
http://antsairplanes.com/sierralsa.html

Now, I'm off to install the new parts in my computer. I may be gone a while :)

Felixthreeone
August 4th, 2011, 19:50
Awesome plane, made even better. Thank you very much! I think I may have to invest in a drifer now....

Anneke
August 5th, 2011, 01:48
Thanks Anthony! How to make an already perfect little aircraft better, I don't knowbbut you did it anyway. I love you :)

sim-paticissimo
August 6th, 2011, 00:26
Thank you Anthony, your work on the GPS is a piece of art. Very useful the change Km/Hr - Knots, it actually flies on the numbers. Your Drifter and your Tecnam Sierra are... just perfect. I'm looking forward to see your new project!:applause:

SADT
August 6th, 2011, 01:29
Hi Anthony,

Does the Sierra have switches and levers that make a sound when clicked?

Cheers,
Craig Tatley :-)

ryanbatc
August 6th, 2011, 13:08
Thanks again, Anthony! The updated GPS is awesome, just like the real one.

gradyhappyg
August 6th, 2011, 13:47

Very nice love the new autopilot no longer looks like something some rookie (me) stuck in the radio stack,also seems much smoother FPS wise.

SADT
August 6th, 2011, 14:40
Anyone.....? :-(

anthony31
August 6th, 2011, 21:21
Hi Craig

The switches will make a noise when flicked. I use the trick where you map the no smoking or seatbelts on sounds to play when you flick the switch and then I just put a click in as the no smoking sound. Anything more sophisticated than that would involve creating C gauges.

May I point you to this page where you can download a demo of the Sierra : http://www.antsairplanes.com/sierralsa.html

The demo is still only V1.1 but it should give you a good idea of what is in the aircraft. I don't think the demo will make switch noises though as I have aliased the sounds in the demo to the default trike.

Dexdoggy
August 7th, 2011, 15:07
Awesome work Ant, I will go get my update! :applause:
Just got your fantastic Drifter last week; finally a nice ugly dude pilot who looks a bit like me!

bkeske
August 7th, 2011, 21:20
Almost hate to get the update, I've been flying the Sierra lately, and have quite enjoyed not being tempted by an AP. Don't know what it is, but when one is available, I find I use it much too often :icon_lol:

Ah well, I'll probably download it and store it for a while.

Great little aircraft.

LouP
August 8th, 2011, 15:31
Funny... After reading this thread I went to check out the aircraft last night and wound up purchasing the Drifter instead (I don't know why lol) Haven't even flown her yet so I am off to check her out.

LouP :wavey:

anthony31
August 8th, 2011, 15:38
Maybe you hate autopilots too Lou?

bkeske
August 8th, 2011, 18:49
Maybe you hate autopilots too Lou?

Now now Anthony, I never said I hated autopilots, just tend to use them too much when available. :icon_lol:

Actually, I find the Sierra a pretty easy aircrfat to set trim and power for straight and level flight....well, level, it will stray off course if not paying attention...but hey, that is one thing I like about aircraft as the Sierra vs my other more fully equipped GA birds. Variety, as they say, is the spice of life. :wiggle:

LouP
August 8th, 2011, 19:19
Hi Anthony,

Nope don't hate a/p. I actually have a nice piece of Saitek hardware that is a nice autopilot. I just realized that I missed a nice ultralight since I lost the use of my Quad City Ultralight from FS9. Still may get the Sierra but just want to play with the Drifter for a while. BTW AWESOME job. I LIKE it. Love the graphics, sound set, and feel of flying this thing. Went and loaded up your moth to see if the work was consistantly good and it appears to be so, you got some good talents there. Thanks.

LouP :icon29:

bkeske
August 8th, 2011, 19:32
The Moth is a masterpiece. :applause: