PDA

View Full Version : Sometimes, being a perfectionist sucks...

Rami
August 2nd, 2011, 20:03
Good evening,

That GSL ports package I uploaded for Europe and the Mediterranean have been altered slightly, I took the liberty of combining the GSL files for the ports into a single GSL file to ease the installation process significantly.

The same treatment was given to the BoB airfields - manual install package, as well as the Bermuda package. It should not affect the installation process at all, it will just make it that much easier for future users.

I've also gone through some missions and "retrofitted" them to use GSL ports rather than mission-generated scenery. Thus far this has included...(note, these have not been released or updated in the library yet)

"Heinkels," (Glasgow)
"Battle of France - Stuka," (Calais)
"Dora and Pfeil and Spitfire," (Calais, Antwerp)
"486th Fighter Squadron - Version II," (Boulogne)
"Fall Weiss," (Olsywie)
"Battle for Europe," (Emden U-boat base)

The missions themselves remain unaltered in terms of their function, this is just infrastructure changes for specific missions. This will only be for missions involving attacks on ports or port cities, such at Antwerp, and when I get up to that area of the sim world, Leningrad.

There are also a few missions here and there that will need minor infrastructure shifts because of interactions with Rhumbaflappy's watermasks.

Tomorrow, I have to get my early MTO install working so I can check out a skin for the FDG P-36 Hawk that I asked Sopwith to make for the mission on Mers-el-Kebir, and I also have to check on a mission for the Fleet Air Arm campaign.

After that, I'll finish up sorting through the backup files and get started on building Taranto, Italy and get Bari uploaded for you all to play with.

Shadow Wolf 07
August 3rd, 2011, 06:57
Labor intensive but worthwhile work. Good show Rami! :salute:

Rami
August 4th, 2011, 15:58
Okay folks,

This project took a while, but I have put up some new versions of my file packages at my site and replaced the same uploads here at SOH.

First, the GSL port packages for the Mediterranean and Europe have been substantially modified, now they contain a single GSL file rather than the numerous ones they did previously. There are no new ports for the Mediterranean, but there are five new ones for Europe...

They are...Antwerp, Amsterdam/Volendam, Calais, (which had to be combined with GSL gob for Achim's Guines aerodrome) Emden, (a U-boat base) and Glasgow.

I have also modified the readme files and packages for the following campaigns and missions, with a listing below of what has been changed...all of these readme files now have a section of objects you can skip over if you have my GSL port package installed.

486th Fighter Squadron: Mission 22 was altered to include the harbor for Boulogne, France, and there is now a single GSL file which contains the ports of Boulogne and Wilhelmshaven which are required for the campaign.

Bardufoss Hurricanes: No missions were altered, the readme was updated to reflect the GSL port at Narvik, and it is now a single GSL file.

Battle for Europe: Missions 1, (both sides) 6, (Allied) and 5 (Luftwaffe) were altered to reflect the new GSL ports at Amsterdam / Volendam and Emden, these and all of the other GSL ports required were combined into one GSL file, and the readme was updated to reflect the changes required for the GSL scenery.

Battle of Britain: No missions were altered, the readme was updated for all seven packages within the download to reflect the fact that each folder has a single GSL file with only the specific ports required for each campaign.

Battle of France (Stuka): Mission 6 was altered to reflect the GSL port at Calais, and the readme was modified to reflect the objects required for the GSL scenery, because the port had to be combined with the gob file for Achim's Guines aerodrome.

CAI / Corpo Aereo Italiano: No missions were altered, the readme was updated for the package to reflect the fact that the GSL folder now has a single GSL file for the ports of Ramsgate, Harwich, Dover, and Great Yarmouth.

EFDT Pfeil campaign: This was the most extensive modification, Spitfire missions 6, 7, 11, 12, 13, and 14, along with Pfeil missions 10, 11, 12, and 13 were all modified to reflect the use of new ports at Calais and Antwerp. The readme was also updated to reflect those changes, and the ports were combined to create a single GSL file.

Heinkels: Mission 17 (GSL port at Glasgow) and 38 was altered; (aircraft naming error) the readme was updated for all file packages within the download to reflect the fact that each folder has a single GSL file with only the specific ports required for each campaign.

Hellas campaign: No missions were altered, the readme was updated for the package to reflect the fact that the GSL folder now has a single GSL file for the port of Suda Bay and the two Polish airfields at Krakow.

Mosquito Squadron: Mission 10 was altered to compensate for Rhumba's ETO water masks in Norway, and mission 17 was altered slightly because of a naming error. Also, the readme was updated for the package to reflect the fact that the GSL folder now has a single GSL file for the port of Dover.

Mustang Vs Fw-190: This package was modified slightly because I noticed a naming error for one of the vessels in a mission, it has been corrected.

Operation Frantic: This was modified to combine the GSL files for the airfields required into a single GSL file to make the installation process easier.

Royal Canadian Air Force: No missions were altered, the readme was updated for the package to reflect the fact that the GSL folder now has a single GSL file for the ports of Ramsgate, Cherbourg, and the Kiel Eurotarget & Holtenau airfield by Achim.

Tirpitz missions: This package was modified slightly because I noticed a simple naming error in one of the missions.

The goal of this work was to perhaps make the installation process a bit easier, and to perhaps lessen the workload for those who have already installed the GSL ports.

Enjoy!

Rami
August 4th, 2011, 16:53
To all,

You can add the Papua New Guinea campaign and Royal Australian Air Force to the list, with an updated readme and a revised file which combines the GSL files for Lae and Salamaua.

Discus
August 4th, 2011, 18:01
Rami

You are incredible! Do leave time to sleep?

Discus