PDA

View Full Version : HMCS True North Battlgroup

lazarus
August 1st, 2011, 09:47
FSX(A) HMCS True North Battlegroup (http://javascript<strong></strong>:openWindow('download-file?file=CV23+Truenorth+BattlegroupX.zip&fileId=37477', 800, 400);void(0))

The First general release from the Retro Carrier Group. At Avsim.com,a stem to stern repaint of Flying Stations Ark Royal, and Hama's Asagiri and Coast Guard ship in standard RCN marks per DND paint chips, a modern AI Planeguard helio, and a utility Cormorant to tool about in. Now that Arks texture mapping is figured out, there is an upgrade comming for Her fo boats and cranes and what not as wel; and some other stuff...

medic
August 1st, 2011, 15:24
A good job well done the only file I could not find on the web was for the ai nh 90, looks like I will have to dig out my ukmil buccaneer and give it a paint over to fit the static bucc's on deck.

lazarus
August 1st, 2011, 15:55
If you go to the Royal French Navy web site, on the bottom of the ships page there is a link to the FS shipyards location. its JP baril's Thunder and Mistral class LPD's, a Horizon class frigate, and the NH-90. There are scenery models in the Il de Yue scenery package on the same page for lynx's, and gazelles that would need run through a BGL converter and folderized, ay these have the rotor animation.
It can be an elisive file to find. If folks would answer e-mails, might have been able touse the model as well- gaullic shrug-
http://royalefrenchnavy.gratisim.fr/FSX_Navires.htm
http://www.fs-shipyards.com/index.php?ind=downloads&op=entry_view&iden=339

Its a slick file. Oh ho! A Buccaneer would be sweet. The F11F, F-14 and S-3 are all in the queue for paint. Love the F-4's, BTW. Many thanks.

letourn
August 1st, 2011, 16:08
Really a nice release!

I hope there will be plenty more to come.

Thanks

CG_1976
August 1st, 2011, 21:57
Excellent release:salute: May I ask please for a group RCN in the Arctic waters please?

fallenphoenix1986
August 2nd, 2011, 02:12
Maybey I'm being a bit dense , could someone point me to the file?

tried a keyword search and file by fiel through recent uploads and can't find her. Would love to get my hands on a Canuk carrier, even if not the Bonnie.

Craig

Edit:

nevermind. Found it over at simviation :)

LouP
August 2nd, 2011, 20:28
I think I am dense. I have the ship but the nh-90 is nowhere to be seen

LouP

I'm OK. I think I have it. I thought the nh90 was a helo

fallenphoenix1986
August 2nd, 2011, 22:17
I spoke to soon, I found the repaints and all the ships. However the NH-90 is nowhere to bee seen in the Mistral pack and for some reason the destroyer isnt showing.

Craig

lazarus
August 2nd, 2011, 22:23
Did you DL the scenery version? I think thats the one. http://www.fs-shipyards.com/index.php?ind=downloads&op=entry_view&iden=274

Which Destroyer?

fallenphoenix1986
August 2nd, 2011, 23:14
The Asagiri, the cutter show up fine. Will give the NH-90 another shot, thanks.

Craig

delta_lima
August 3rd, 2011, 08:49
Hello Lazarus & co,

The package looks great - will be back home tonight to try in detail. BTW, the Tradewind repaint would never have occurred to me in a million years - but it's clever, I'll say that!

You mentioned a few other planes (F11F, F-14) - sounds interesting. Both planes would look good in RCN skins, to be sure. You may or may not know that a couple related projects were done for the FS9 AS F4D Skyray and F-8 Crusader, Nick Bradin and Dave Quincey respectively, did some nice RCN paints for those. Those could have been bridge types between the Banshee and something like the Phantom or Tomcat.

Like you, I eagerly await the arrival of the Flying Stations Bucc, both for its RN/RAF real world presence, as well as some more imaginary applications. Its long-range strike, but more particularly, recce capability would have justified its use in the RCN arsenal. That said, a "middle power" / "Francophonie" Canadian approach could have seen a rapprochement role with France, during the latter's distance from NATO during the 60s, resulting in the use Etendard MV-P aircraft for the latter role .... just food for thought.

Love the work you and the crew have done - better than anything I could have ever imagined.
:guinness::guinness:
Is it quitting time yet? I have some naval flying to do ... :running:

dl

lazarus
August 3rd, 2011, 12:24
Cheers all. The Asigiri thing... 5 people's finger marks on it and no other testers- I expect its a dumb-ass on my part. Look at the sim config for the repaint and look for syntacticle bo-bo's, like the sim=xx is the same as your version, you've the FSX Hamagiri installed. Is it showing up in the AICarriers list, or giving an error message like UNABLE TO LOAD______FAIL TO LOAD that kind of thing, or is a a wake and no visual model...CTD...other wise I' send you mine and you can try it that way- I think I spotted an oversight in the lightmap for that one. Pauls Tradewinds- what the heck. Commonwealth Navy's don't go in for the shore based VP/VR establishment- too bad. I think I need a Britannia or a Viscount . A T-28, and a Zephyr . Scimitar. The great thing about Virtual What-if modeling is it doesn't cost more than some eyestrain to do any wacky what-if you want.
The RCAF evaluated the Buccaneer at the same time as the SuperTiger- for those who don't know the type, it was a refined, enlarged J-79 powered F11F Tiger- an amazing performer according to the lucky pair of RCAF pilots that flew the evaluation, and so good compared to the F-104 that Lockheed had to resort to massive bribery in Japan,Germany,Nethelands,Canada ect( the Lockheed bribery scandal) to sell one. The when the RCAF was looking for a saber replacement the primary war role was tactical nuclear strike- the bomber faction on the air staff wanted Buccaneers or F-105's, the fighter faction wanted Supertigers, the politicos pocketed Lockheeds money and bought F-104's. I love flying the Etandard- Its real culture shock when an exchange F-18 driver has to fly one, but the poor thing is so short on range-warload. Had they been shopping for a Carrier as well, and common sense broke out in procurement, they'd have bought Tigers if they could be had,Buccaneer other wise, as a ship board F-105 isn't credible (Republic tried).
Yep- I've all the F4D RCN skins.
Later!

delta_lima
August 4th, 2011, 20:42
Hello,

Just thought I'd post a couple of shots of the Canadian Audacious Class carrier and the superb Phantom repaint. They are mere small thanks for the wonderful work done by Messrs Lazarus and Medic. Gents, I can't believe what started as a distant brain fart could result in something so enjoyable.

Much endebted to you both for helping bring a wishful dream to life in FSX :guinness: :medals:

Now, once that Flying Stations Bucc is available, I will over the moon - or at least skimming the waves with joy ...

dl

ps: Laz, you mentioned a Trojan and Zephyr - you know that AS and RFN (Restauravia) respectively have these, right?