PDA

View Full Version : After 26 years in the music business....

OBIO
July 31st, 2011, 07:31
Alison Krauss celebrated her 40th birthday on July 23rd. She has had such an amazing career and has given us a mountain of wonderful music....it's easy to forget that she is still young. She began singing when she was 10 and began her recording career at the tender age of 14....just a baby....but even then she had a voice and a talent that has no equal. She is the female James Taylor....perfect voice, perfect talent, perfect singing.

OBIO

fsafranek
July 31st, 2011, 08:09
Excellent post. Been a fan for many many years.
:ernae:

johnh_049
July 31st, 2011, 08:29
I don't know if he still has them all, but my kid brother had all her albums back before anyone else had heard of her.
she is a true artist

EasyEd
July 31st, 2011, 08:39
Hey All,

Allison - Born Bluegrass, raised Bluegrass, Bluegrass forever... So wonderful of her to share her enormous talent with so many other forms of music. Happy Birthday!

Allison in 1991 when she was 20.

ZWVtc3nO01A&feature=related

-Ed-

Cazzie
July 31st, 2011, 08:55
She may not be born Virginian, but we dang well claim her now. I have seen her and met her at Merle-Fest many times. You folks want to go to the best Bluegrass and Folk music assembly of all times, you need to come to Merle-Fest one year. I hope it never ends, best musical bang for the buck to be found.

Caz

Railrunner130
July 31st, 2011, 17:29
I've got a few of her albums. I was intrigued when she did the album with Robert Plant. They apparently started work on a second album together, but I think it fell apart. Anyone know what happened to it?