PDA

View Full Version : KC Flight Shop`s Evektor Sport Star LSA released for sale!

Gibbage
July 30th, 2011, 12:43
The Evactor SportStar was the first aircraft to be certified Light Sport in U.S, a 100HP Rotax engine powers the two seat LSA. The Sport Star’s roomy cockpit, exceptional performance, and unmatched visibility make it truly a pilot’s aircraft designed to make flying affordable and accessible. </SPAN>

The KCFS Evektor Sport Star is designed to meet the same criteria of accessibility and affordability. Performance optimized for use in all computers within dense scenery the package offers 5 high detail texture sets , complete compatibility with all hardware, shared cockpit functions and a custom GNS system with true to life versatility . </SPAN>

The Evactor Sport Star produced by the KC Flight Shop, a team of leading professionals to introduce high detail simulations at low cost, renditions of aircraft tested and produced with the cooperation of pilot owners for the flight sim community, and like the LSA affordable and easy to fly .</SPAN>

Visit the KC Flight Shop for complete details http://www.kcflightshop.com/</SPAN>

http://www.kcflightshop.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/SportStar_red_03.jpg

http://www.kcflightshop.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/SportStar_red_02.jpg

Please enjoy, and im really looking forward to everyone's screen shots!

Kevin "Gibbage" Miller

ryanbatc
July 30th, 2011, 13:55
Interesting, great price as well!

Anneke
July 30th, 2011, 14:38
The Evactor Sport Star produced by the KC Flight Shop,
Please enjoy

Downloading as we speak. Love the plane, hate the distribution methode. The installers of FSD are very sensitive, and causing a lot of trouble on my system. Old returning errors like:
Error 32: The path to your critical FS X configuration file dll.xml could not be located.
This will prevent configuration of the driver necessary to run the aircraft systems properly. You may experience problems operating the avionics instruments.
Files unpacked successfully
Error 82:Error 100 while attempting to record computer data on server:
You have entered the wrong password and/or license ID number in the license activation dialog box. Please check the data and try again
Begin shortcut creation
Error 84:4 Start menu shortcuts could not be created.

Error 32 causing that GPS 480 not to function (the 430 is mentioned in the promo's btw) I think I wanna replace it with RXP stuff anyway.

Gibbage
July 30th, 2011, 15:14
Sorry about the 430 mistake. I could not get a 430GPS package without braking the bank. It would of increased the price tag a LOT. FSD gave us a great deal, but wont be our only distributer. Let me know if you get any errors.

FSD has a web tool to figure out the error codes if you get any.
http://www.fsd-international.com/support/index.htm

Anneke
July 30th, 2011, 15:46
Let me know if you get any errors.

I just mentioned them in the above post. Did a full deinstall and reinstall. All security measures like AV, Firewall were off, however error 32 is persistant. What needs to be written to the dll.xml to make the avionice/GPS function. It's now a big black hole in de VC.

Some other tidbits.
-Is that really the sound of a Rotax 912 100 hp? That's not what I hear in my Eurofox. It's way too heavy sounding?
-Were's the parking break?
-The Rotax has a automatic carburator. How's that simulated?
-No parking stuff like chocks? No male pilot?

BTW a very nice plane!

Gibbage
July 30th, 2011, 16:15
I just mentioned them in the above post. Did a full deinstall and reinstall. All security measures like AV, Firewall were off, however error 32 is persistant. What needs to be written to the dll.xml to make the avionice/GPS function. It's now a big black hole in de VC.

Some other tidbits.
-Is that really the sound of a Rotax 912 100 hp? That's not what I hear in my Eurofox. It's way too heavy sounding?

BTW a very nice plane!

Ill get with Tim about the error 32. I will see what I can do about that. I dont have the sound equipment to record the Rotax from the SportStar, but it is a Rotax sound pack. The parking brake is below the pilots seat and out of view, so I didnt model it. If more users find it an issue, I will add it in a patch. Here is a photo of the parking brake in the real SportStar that I flew for the testing.

http://www.kcflightshop.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/pbrake.jpg

The Rotax is modelled using standard FSX parameters for carbs and icing. Wheel chocks are a good idea and we may add it in a patch.

Gibbage
July 30th, 2011, 16:32

BTW a very nice plane!
Paste this text into your dll.xml file

<LAUNCH.ADDON>Should fix your GPS problem. The DLL needs to run for the GPS to work.

Archammer
July 30th, 2011, 17:41
Congratulations on your first release KCFlight Shop! I'm glad that I could be a part of it, and I think you've created a great little LSA!

Tim_FSD
July 30th, 2011, 18:16

Some other tidbits.

BTW a very nice plane!

The problem you are experiencing is being caused by Windows not allowing the installer sufficient permissions to create a backup file for your dll.xml file. This can be caused by a number of things in your operating system, which cannot always be handled by an installation program. For example, it is often not as simple is turning your security programs "off". Many of them require that the entire service be shut off. There could also be Windows folder permissions errors, and this is often effected by where on your hard drive you are running the installer from. Also, trying to run the installer via the Internet can cause this kind of issue.

What needs to be written to the dll.xml file is in the attachment (because posting data with tags cannot be done here).
<LAUNCH.ADDON>
<NAME>That should clear the problem up.

Anneke
July 31st, 2011, 01:07
Hi guys, much appreciated! I really would like to see all elements modeled, especially when it's part of ground handling procedures etc. Besides who doesn't want a nice bright yellow parking brake handle :jump:

Furthermore, the choke acts as a primer. In my setup I have a choke which can be locked and it regulates fuel flow on cold days. That does not seem to be modeled. And still what about the rotax automatic fuel regulation? Just tick the automatic mixture in FS setup?

I think it's a promising model but it needs these extra features to make it outstanding.

Off testing the avionics!

falcon409
July 31st, 2011, 09:13
Figures, the only way to purchase is with a Credit/Debit card right now and my Bank requires that I use some ridiculous "Security Code" before it will allow the process to continue. I input my current info and it says that's not what corresponds to their info so no purchase. Simmarket does the same thing, so I just quit using their site to purchase and go with ones that don't require the security code or that I can use Pay Pal with. Sorry guys no purchase.:salute:

Tim_FSD
July 31st, 2011, 09:22
Figures, the only way to purchase is with a Credit/Debit card right now and my Bank requires that I use some ridiculous "Security Code" before it will allow the process to continue. I input my current info and it says that's not what corresponds to their info so no purchase. Simmarket does the same thing, so I just quit using their site to purchase and go with ones that don't require the security code or that I can use Pay Pal with. Sorry guys no purchase.:salute:

You can use PayPal to purchase the SportStar.

Gibbage
July 31st, 2011, 09:48
Hi guys, much appreciated! I really would like to see all elements modeled, especially when it's part of ground handling procedures etc. Besides who doesn't want a nice bright yellow parking brake handle :jump:

Furthermore, the choke acts as a primer. In my setup I have a choke which can be locked and it regulates fuel flow on cold days. That does not seem to be modeled. And still what about the rotax automatic fuel regulation? Just tick the automatic mixture in FS setup?

I think it's a promising model but it needs these extra features to make it outstanding.

Off testing the avionics!

Ill see if we can get the parking brake in on a service pack or patch. I dont think it would be too hard to make it. Just have to find some room on the texture sheet! The choke operation on the SportStar was a pump or two as needed on cold days, then locked in flight. Its even in the check list to CLOSE before take-off. When you close it, you twist it a little to lock it in. The owners manual is included in the PDF.

Anneke
July 31st, 2011, 13:46
Hi Kevin, Roger that. Much appreciated.

Tidbit's:
- what about the automatic mixture?
- I miss the air vents in the canopy. Will these be modeled in an upcoming patch?
- I don't see the strobe/nav lights during day and/or night.

Gibbage
July 31st, 2011, 14:51
Please understand that with the price point were it is, we cant model every system modeled and simulated like a PMDG product. With that said, we will look into things like the vents on the canopy, and we will fix the nav lights/strobe. The carb on the KCFS SportStar is using the standard FSX engine system.

Hi Kevin, Roger that. Much appreciated.

Tidbit's:
- what about the automatic mixture?
- I miss the air vents in the canopy. Will these be modeled in an upcoming patch?
- I don't see the strobe/nav lights during day and/or night.

N2056
July 31st, 2011, 14:59
A quick note on the lighting question...
There is a known 'bug' regarding lights on the wing being visible from the VC. If the wingspan is short enough the effect dies about 50' AGL. I had the same issue on the Thorp.

Gibbage
July 31st, 2011, 15:34
Thanks for the heads up on that. I hopped into FSX to check the lights and was at KRTN (Renton Int) and its only about 16' AGL and I could only see the nav/stobes when the camera was in front of the aircraft. I just took the SportStar up, and the same thing happens at 1500ft. So its a bug with our aircraft we will work on fixing ASAP. There are a few other small things we will also address. If anyone finds any other bugs, feel free to send them too admin AT kcflightshop dot com and I will get them on our SP1 list!

Anneke
August 1st, 2011, 06:06
I don't ask for PDMG. But there's a difference between eye candy only and system depth ala PDMG/A2A. This is a 'simple' LSA. The flight dynamics seem more than okay. However it lacks certain things. If these are deliberate deign choices, that's fine. However mention them and give arguments for the lack of. And IMO price tag is only one argument. I'm willing to pay more than 15 dollars if it's a 'complete' aircraft (that is which I recognize from reality) that there isn't custom coded damage handling that's okay with regard to this price tag.

Moreover if you find my remarks 'meddling' or not constructive, i'll shut up.
It's only that I love these little planes and want them to be even greater and more complete.

Gibbage
August 1st, 2011, 09:09
Moreover if you find my remarks 'meddling' or not constructive, i'll shut up.
It's only that I love these little planes and want them to be even greater and more complete.

I understand your points and in many cases fully agree with him! When we started the SportStar, our goal was to make a 15$ product simply because the price of add-on's was getting insane, and felt that pilots would really enjoy a simple aircraft for a great price. Ultimately, we didnt build a simple aircraft since, well, this is a hobby. You dont half-ass hobby projects, and we put in a LOT more detail then we expected, but still kept it at 15$ since that was our goal.

So far many of your suggestions have been very good. In no way did I feel it was meddling!!! I like the chawks, parking brakes, and also the canopy vents idea you came up with. Very simple to fix and I think will add that detail to make it a complete aircraft! Just understand that there are some things that we simply dont have the budget to do, like custom sound sets and custom engine modeling.

If you find any more things you think that would make this aircraft better, please post them! Just understand we cant do everything. Also, these type of suggestions help me decide on future features on the NEXT project, so not only will you help me on the SportStar, but on the next one.

This goes for EVERYONE that reads this post. This is our first product, and I want to know feedback. But please make it constructive and understand that there are limits to what can be added. </SPAN>

Thanks again Anneke! Keep up the good work.

Phantom88
August 1st, 2011, 09:32
Congrats Kevin!!:applause:I enjoyed your interview on "TenMinuteTaxi" as well.Cheers!

n4gix
August 1st, 2011, 09:42
I just took the SportStar up, and the same thing happens at 1500ft. So its a bug with our aircraft we will work on fixing ASAP.

Kevin, it might not be a "bug" in your aircraft at all. There's a missing parameter in the default FSX Cameras.CFG file that, when added eliminates this problem...

It's certainly worth a shot to see if it fixes this for you as well!

..\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FS X\Cameras.CFG

[CameraDefinition.002]
Title = Virtual Cockpit
Guid = {C95EAB58-9E4A-4E2A-A34C-D8D9D948F078}
Description = This is the description of the virtual cockpit view.
Origin = Virtual Cockpit
ClipMode=Minimum
MomentumEffect = Yes
SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel
SnapPbhReturn = False
PanPbhAdjust = Swivel
PanPbhReturn = False
Track = None
ShowAxis = YES
AllowZoom = TRUE
InitialZoom = 0.7
SmoothZoomTime = 2.0
ZoomPanScalar = 1.0
ShowWeather = Yes
XyzAdjust = TRUE
ShowLensFlare=FALSE
Category = Cockpit
PitchPanRate=30
HeadingPanRate=75
PanAcceleratorTime=0
HotKeySelect=1

Gibbage
August 1st, 2011, 10:19
Kevin, it might not be a "bug" in your aircraft at all. There's a missing parameter in the default FSX Cameras.CFG file that, when added eliminates this problem...

Tks! This is what I love about the FS community! Ill look into this and see what can be done on my end. If the fix is in the appdata, we may not be able to fix it. Ill see if there are some model side fixes like moving the emitters further away from the aircraft to prevent the clipping.

falcon409
August 1st, 2011, 10:35

Good info. I checked mine and that line is there. I remember Robert mentioning that when he released his "Thorp". Yet when I flew it for the first few times, I remember it wasn't a problem for me, irregardless of the altitude.:salute:

n4gix
August 1st, 2011, 12:46
Good info. I checked mine and that line is there. I remember Robert mentioning that when he released his "Thorp". Yet when I flew it for the first few times, I remember it wasn't a problem for me, irregardless of the altitude.:salute:

Well, it also solves a few other problems as well, such as landing/taxi light "blooms" showing up in the aft cockpit on the T-38A... :ernae:

Anneke
August 1st, 2011, 13:52
Early morning, above Concrete.
She's a beauty ain't she..

Roger
August 1st, 2011, 13:58
Great shot Anneke:applause:

Gibbage
August 1st, 2011, 15:11
By any chance were you AT the recent Concrete fly-in? I was there doing "research" for my next product! Small world! Great little airport and they had a GREAT turnout!

Early morning, above Concrete.
She's a beauty ain't she..

Archammer
August 2nd, 2011, 08:51
Good morning,

Wanted to inform you guys of an issue that has arisen with the KC Flight Shop Evektor using the FSD installer:

Installer places the following:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Gauges\FDav.dll.twzaruuqulcqrhohokotoeelcnautoow wrhiwbbh=1
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\KC Flight Shop SportStar\panel\SportStar.DLL.uicuuabttcbuceakboqa kawqzlzohatorkokiith=2
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\KC Flight Shop SportStar\panel\SportStar.DLL.kiceqaoikuhbilrezwhh qntkbtqokzahweelwrlh=2

Flew the aircraft with no issues yesterday. Then firing up FSX today created this error:

Flight Simulator has detected a problem with a third-party software program (add-on):
Name: FSXGuage
Version: 1.7
Company: <UNKNOWN>
File: Guages\FDav.dll
Do you want to run this software (not recommended)?
To avoid seeing this message in the future, uninstall this program or disable its ability to start when running Flight Simulator. For more information about third-party programs, contact the publisher or see http://www.fsinsider.com.

It requests stoppage of this program.

This is a KNOWN issue with FSD installers and no others. I look forward to a corrected installation format from FSD and not leave users to the DLL.xml manual modification. My expectation will be that FSD will release a public patch to correct this moving forward and modify their installer to avoid this in the future.

Additionally the FSD Uninstaller does not function properly. After removing the registry entries it does not remove itself as an application from the add / remove programs list.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Edit: Posted to KCFlight Shop support forums here: http://www.kcflightshop.com/?page_id=39

Gibbage
August 2nd, 2011, 10:18
We are currently looking at addressing the issue though fixig the installer. Tim from FSD will be looking at the errors in depth and will hopefully find a solution. I appologize to the few customers who have been effected and we will make it right.

I will post any updates here and on kcflightshop.com!

Tim_FSD
August 2nd, 2011, 11:05
Good morning,

Wanted to inform you guys of an issue that has arisen with the KC Flight Shop Evektor using the FSD installer:

Installer places the following:

Flew the aircraft with no issues yesterday. Then firing up FSX today created this error:

It requests stoppage of this program.

This is a KNOWN issue with FSD installers and no others. I look forward to a corrected installation format from FSD and not leave users to the DLL.xml manual modification. My expectation will be that FSD will release a public patch to correct this moving forward and modify their installer to avoid this in the future.

Additionally the FSD Uninstaller does not function properly. After removing the registry entries it does not remove itself as an application from the add / remove programs list.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Edit: Posted to KCFlight Shop support forums here: http://www.kcflightshop.com/?page_id=39

This is not an installer issue. The files were all installed on your system, and as you indicated, it worked for you after you installed the software. The installation program, or the software does not make the edits to your fsx.cfg file that you listed, such as:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Gauges\FDav.dll.twzaruuqulcqrhohokotoeelcnautoow wrhiwbbh=1

Flight Simulator does that. The dialog box you are seeing is Flight Simulator is asking you to confirm that you want to use the gauge that is used in conjunction with the cockpit. Until you select Yes, as trusted software or if you had previously ignored or canceled this dialog box, you will keep getting this message every time you load the aircraft. That is how Flight Simulator works. If you are confirming addon drivers as trusted and still keep getting this message it has nothing to do with any of your addon software. Flight Simulator is controlling this, and if that problem persists you will need to reinstall the sim.

This dll file is digitally signed, so there will also be an option to always trust the company that signed the software. If you select Yes, as trusted, you will not be prompted with this message every time you install a new aircraft or addon from that company. If a driver is not digitally signed you do not have this option. Many developers sign their software as we do, and some do not.

As far as any issues with writing to the dll.xml file, this is a Windows permissions issue that is local to your computer. Therefore, there is no "patch" that will correct this. If Windows denies permissions to access this file there is really nothing the installer can do about this. Permissions errors like this are usually caused by one of the following:
Running the installer from across the Internet instead of downloading it to your hard drive.
Downloading the installer and running it on your hard drive in a location that has restricted Windows permissions. An example of this would be an external hard drive, or if you are running 64 bit Windows, from within your Program Files(x86) directory structure. And this, of course, depends on how your Windows environment is setup. Particularly with Windows Vista and Windows 7, there are a lot of variations here.
In Windows 7 or Vista (you don't say what you are using) you may have an issue with User Account Control (UAC). Here is some useful information on that: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc709691(WS.10).aspx
You may have security software, such as anti-virus or firewall software, that is restricting Windows access.
We have nearly 2,000 installs, reinstalls each month on the numerous software titles we have released. This is a problem which comes up very, very rarely. But when it does happen it almost always comes down to where/how the software was downloaded. Best results are always obtained by downloading the installer to the Downloads folder Windows setup, on the same drive and partition where Windows is installed. In some rare instances problems occur when the simulator is installed on a different drive and partition, but again, this depends on how the Windows environment is setup.

I hope this is helpful. If you need one on one assistance I am always glad to provide it. Just email me at supportdesk@fsd-international.com.

Archammer
August 2nd, 2011, 12:28

The dialog box that everyone is receiving is NOT the "Trusted software" confirmation box. The box is an ERROR in the FSD installed functionality of that FSX guage and the modification of the Fdav.dll. The "Trusted Software" dialog has never shown itself with multiple installs of this product using the FSD installer. The fact that it hasn't applies directly to the installer NOT the application.
Flight Simulator does that AFTER you are asked to choose it as "trusted" or not. IF I had ignored that message, it would not have applied it into the FSX.cfg as I listed.
The DLL may be digitally signed, however that does not forgoe the corruption of the file, which I assure you IS the ONLY cause of this issue.

This is not an installer issue. The files were all installed on your system, and as you indicated, it worked for you after you installed the software. The installation program does not make the edits to your fsx.cfg file that you listed, such as:
Flight Simulator does that.
1) It worked fine PRIOR to using the "guage" file that is fouled
2)Flight Simulator does that AFTER it's acknowledged as "trusted" So now your below statement about ignoring the dialog becomes false.

The dialog box you are seeing is Flight Simulator is asking you to confirm that you want to use the gauge that is used in conjunction with the cockpit.
That is Incorrect. That is not the dialog. The issue is an error with your installed files.

Until you select Yes, as trusted software or if you had previously ignored or canceled this dialog box, you will keep getting this message every time you load the aircraft. That is how Flight Simulator works.
I am aware of how FS works, and this box was not ignored, hence the additions to the fsx.cfg that were listed in the prior post

If you are confirming addon drivers as trusted and still keep getting this message it has nothing to do with any of your addon software. Flight Simulator is controlling this, and if that problem persist you will need to reinstall the sim.
My FS install is correctly done and this issue resides with your installer. Please notate the previous post.

This dll file is digitally signed, so there will also be an option to always trust the company that signed the software. If you select Yes, as trusted, you will not be prompted with this message every time you install a new aircraft or addon from that company. If a driver is not digitally signed you do not have this option. Many developers sign their software as we do, and some do not.
The digital signature does not correct the ERROR that the FSXGuage and the FDav.dll are creating

As far as any issues with writing to the dll.xml file, this is a Windows permissions issue that is local to your computer.
This is INCORRECT. That is NOT a windows permissions issue, as other installers are able to write to the xml.dll without error. ORBX,FSRecorder,Captain Sim, PMDG, FeelThere. YOur installer has CORRUPTED this file with the FSXGuage:
<LAUNCH.ADDON>

<LAUNCH.ADDON><LAUNCH.ADDON>
<NAME>FDav</NAME>
<DISABLED>False</DISABLED>
<MANUALLOAD>False</MANUALLOAD>

Gauges\FDav.dll</PATH>
<DLLSTARTNAME>module_init</DLLSTARTNAME>
<DLLSTOPNAME>module_deinit</DLLSTOPNAME>
</LAUNCH.ADDON>

Therefore, there is no "patch" that will correct this. If Windows denies permissions to access this file there is really nothing the installer can do about this. Permissions errors like this are usually caused by one of the following:
Again, this is INCORRECT! If there was a permissions error, it would not write to the xml.dll file as listed above. This is NOT a permissions error, there is NO UAC involvement,so the following is a mute solution. The INSTALLER is the issue sir.

1.Running the installer from across the Internet instead of downloading it to your hard drive.
2.Downloading the installer and running it on your hard drive in a location that has restricted Windows permissions. An example of this would be an external hard drive, or if you are running 64 bit Windows, from within your Program Files(x86) directory structure. And this, of course, depends on how your Windows environment is setup. Particularly with Windows Vista and Windows 7, there are a lot of variations here.
3.In Windows 7 or Vista (you don't say what you are using) you may have an issue with User Account Control (UAC). Here is some useful information on that: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l...91(WS.10).aspx
4.You may have security software, such as anti-virus or firewall software, that is restricting Windows access.
We have nearly 2,000 installs, reinstalls each month on the numerous software titles we have released. This is a problem which comes up very, very rarely. But when it does happen it almost always comes down to where/how the software was downloaded. Best results are always obtained by downloading the installer to the Downloads folder Windows setup, on the same drive and partition where Windows is installed. In some rare instances problems occur when the simulator is installed on a different drive and partition, but again, this depends on how the Windows environment is setup.
Now I'm beginning to get emotionally aggravated at your response. I have provided you ALL the pertinent information that you should require to fix this issue and you have responded with the "problem is your computer, piracy(in previous instances of this issue) or user error". This is unacceptable. This is NOT user error, or UAC, piracy or OS type/version. This is an INSTALLER error that YOUR installer and it's files have created.
Even AFTER the manunal uninstall, and AFTER going through pages of registry data and all the files that your installer touched, the ERROR now persists. Which means we all have to manually remove the Fdav.dll and hope like hell nothing else uses it. And now you're going to have to provide the corrected file to EVERYONE who this has affected.
DO NOT assume it is a "user" error. You have a long list of problems with this EXACT issue, and have yet to resolve it using the tools available to you. This is not MY problem this is YOUR problem. This is NOT our systems, this is YOUR installer and YOUR files!
I'm very sorry to become frustrated and crass, but FIX THE INSTALLER and fix the included files! NEVER assume your customer has made the mistake, ALWAYS assume you have.
YOU have not delivered a properly functioning installer, and have attempted to make it your customers problem. It doesn't matter that KCFlight Shop created this product. FSD is responsible to this customer as well because it is FSD's software that has created a problem!

I apologize for my frustration, but that type of customer solution is canned and irresponsible. I gave you technical data citing the EXACT issue and you throw "UAC" and "Permissions" theory at me. Also, heads up. Do NOT apply that this is a common installer problem.

I own almost every payware aircraft from every creator for fsx. This has never occurred prior to this install. This is not a common "installer" issue other than an FSD installer issue unless it's the guage that has fouled, which I doubt, because it's calling your "digitally signed" dll which is good for tracking the culprit.

Gibbage
August 2nd, 2011, 13:18
There seems to be two issues linked to the same problem, a DLL file. First is permissions to edit the dll.xml that somehow the installer doesent get or doesent have. The 2nd is "Flight Simulator has detected potentially incompatible aircraft or software" error when Flight Sim tries to run the DLL itself. After doing a little research, it seems this error is VERY common (over 69,000 hits on Google alone, and happens on a lot all products that use DLL's. You should click Yes to ignore this error.

From the frequency this is happening on other products, it seems that this is an FSX issue, but we will do our best to try and mitigate its effects. The only other possible solution seems to be using a very basic XML GPS unit with a fraction of the capability of the current unit, but that almost feels like cheeting the customers since I would be giving them a lesser product then what they paid for!

We are still working on a solution for this problem, but its looking like there may not be an easy one. Right now I can only offer the work around that does seem to work in all cases so far.

Tim_FSD
August 2nd, 2011, 13:18
I can appreciate that you are getting frustrated, however, I believe I have been polite and professional in my response to you. Given the information you were providing, I think my response was completely reasonable.

With regard to the problem with the dll.xml file only happening on our installers, this is simply not true. If you just do a google search you will find numerous hits. We understand you are having a problem here and we will get it resolved for you. But it is not reasonable to claim that the software is all buggy because you are having a problem on your system. The error you are receiving when loading the aircraft is not happening to others who have installer the same software.

As you have made duplicate posts in several places on the Internet it will not be possible to reply to you in all venues. Since you have also sent us a support message via email as well, and I will need to go back and forth with you to check some things, I will correspond with you there. But rest assured we will be this working for you right away.

Archammer
August 2nd, 2011, 14:50
Tim, I do NOT think that you are unprofessional in any way. I believe that you are very professional and are present to deal with the concern at hand. If I insinuated that, I apologize.
However, I despise canned or "formatted" replies when technical knowhow is present and given, yet the same response is replied.

~so~

Let's take a step back and take a fresh look here. Putting all the information aside about what FSX does vs what FSD install does.

The problem with the installation is that it creates a "problem" file in Fdav.dll ok. Leave EVERYTHING else out, and Fdav.dll is the bad egg ok.

Now, I don't care if there's a MILLION hits about this issue, this issue ONLY occurs with this installer, or the fdav.dll period! Whether the same code is being used by multiple people, matters not, other than to say that they are both NOT working!

Here is the xml.dll entry for this install:

FDav
False
False
Gauges\FDav.dll
module_init
module_deinit

</LAUNCH.ADDON>
And you can click on the image of the error in the previous post or here:

So, no matter what else is said. That DLL is the issue, not a user, not a UAC permission, not an AV/FW, not an OS type, not ANYTHING else! That is an ERROR! That window is not the "trused software" dialog that occurs with other FSX installs, because FS is not viewing it that way! It sees it as an ERROR!

If you're forcing the installation to write to the fsx.cfg and the xml.dll then maybe that's the problem. You're not allowing the user's system to category that as unknown first and utilize the proper "trusted software" dialog box that would pop up to write properly to those files and the registry otherwise. However that is complete conjecture and I will leave that solution to your technical knowledge of the installation.

Now, after seeing that error that I posted, I've seen the results, and someone owes all those people an apology for being told it was "how the user installed it" or something that the "user" did, because that is FALSE.

Oh, and btw, this is NOT an isolated issue, and I can give you an ABSOLUTE 100% without a doubt guaran-damn-tee that ANYONE that has installed this aircraft with the installer I was given will have that same error. PERIOD! There's a reason why that's the ONLY posts in your technical support section... Hello!!! Red flag???

That installer and that dll need to be completely rewritten to function properly as ALL other FS developers have done!

If you need help, call one of the other companies to HELP YOU! They all have installations that are functioning properly, and maybe they can help iron out the fix.

I hope that I've given you ALL the information and MOTIVATION to complete the task before you, as it is important to your customers and us as a community.

Thank you,

Roger
August 2nd, 2011, 15:08
Well Archammer,
I think, for now, Tim has given you a communications link and hopefully this matter will be resolved. If it isn't resolved then please feel free to pm me.
For now let us resume our appreciation of Kevin's model and let your installer issue subside in the hope that it will be resolved.

Gibbage
August 2nd, 2011, 16:35
I just want to make one thing clear. This DLL error is not effecting all of our customers. So far only 6. The problem can be solved by simply clicking YES. Even the few that it is effecting, the error only disables the GPS and does not prevent them from flying the SportStar.

This issue is most definitly NOT limited to the KCFS SportStar, or FSD installers. Doing a quick Google search with the string "flight simulator has detected a problem wwith a third-party software program" and you will see many hits on other products, and the solution is always the same. Clicking "Yes" resolves the issue almost all the time unless the DLL was somehow corrupted.

It just seems that FSX sometimes gets a random DLL error. We are still working on our side to see if there is anything we can do to help on the installer.

Tim_FSD
August 2nd, 2011, 19:05
I just want to make one thing clear. This DLL error is not effecting all of our customers. So far only 6. The problem can be solved by simply clicking YES. Even the few that it is effecting, the error only disables the GPS and does not prevent them from flying the SportStar.

This issue is most definitly NOT limited to the KCFS SportStar, or FSD installers. Doing a quick Google search with the string "flight simulator has detected a problem wwith a third-party software program" and you will see many hits on other products, and the solution is always the same. Clicking "Yes" resolves the issue almost all the time unless the DLL was somehow corrupted.

It just seems that FSX sometimes gets a random DLL error. We are still working on our side to see if there is anything we can do to help on the installer.

Kevin,

What he is reporting is a bit different and is not being experienced by anone else, although it might be due to a previous startup where he might not have clicked yes. But more likely something else. I sent him an email asking for some config files and system specs. That should clear it up.

I am not aware of the other 6 you are referring to. Drop me a line so I can be sure everyone who needs service is getting helped.

Tim_FSD
August 3rd, 2011, 03:53
Oh, and btw, this is NOT an isolated issue, and I can give you an ABSOLUTE 100% without a doubt guaran-damn-tee that ANYONE that has installed this aircraft with the installer I was given will have that same error. PERIOD! There's a reason why that's the ONLY posts in your technical support section... Hello!!! Red flag???

Sorry, but this is just not the case. There are a lot of people who have installed this and did not see this problem, or any other problem. In fact the particular error you are receiving when loading the aircraft is the first time we have seen this, in any of our aircraft, in years.

If you're forcing the installation to write to the fsx.cfg and the xml.dll then maybe that's the problem.

The installer does not write to your fsx.cfg file. Only Flight Simulator does that. I had asked you to remove those entries that Flight Simulator put there, to see if that might be causing a problem. That is not unheard of. If everything worked for you before, as you indicated, and then changed post installation it is logical to conclude that something changed on your system long after the installer has run.

As far as the dll.xml file, an entry has to be made in order to load the driver. This is how Flight Simulator works.

Again, I appreciate that you are frustrated. But it is not logical to assume that if a problem is happening to you then it must be happening everywhere else. In my email to you I asked you to send me your dll.xml file so I can look at it. There is a good chance this will clear the problem up and make this 'debate' unnecessary. Please do so and I will get back to you right away. Also, have you tried downloading the installer again and then reinstalling from scratch?

Gibbage
August 4th, 2011, 11:00
Just wanted to let everyone know that I started a livery contest for free copies of the SportStar! Everyone is welcom to join and submit livery concepts or photo's!

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?56226-KC-Flight-Shop-SportStar-Livery-Contest!-All-enteries-welcome!

Anneke
September 11th, 2011, 12:19
I just received a HU from the distributor of the KC Flight Shop`s Evektor Sport Star LSA that SP1 has been released with some great interior and exterior upgrades!

Download here (http://69.13.144.131/product/files/KCSportStarSR.exe).

Peter SWE
December 1st, 2011, 11:05
My horizongauge is for some reason working backwards, it indicates a dive during climb and vice versa. Anyone have an idea to why this is?

Gibbage
December 1st, 2011, 11:23
It will be fixed in a patch soon.

Gibbage
December 7th, 2011, 14:14
The patch for the SportStar has just been released. This fixes the inverted horizon mentioned above. You can download just the patch here.

http://69.13.144.131/product/files/KCSportStarSR.exe

This will patch your SportStar SP1 with the fixes. You can also re-download the full file from FSD.

Please note, right click, and click on "Save as" and save it to your hard drive before running the file. Also its always a good idea to disable you anti-virus as any program editing files in the c:\program files folder were your FSX typically lives is seen as a possible threat and may be blocked.

Peter SWE
December 7th, 2011, 18:05
Thats great! thanks.