PDA

View Full Version : New FSX lighting app in development

Lawman
July 30th, 2011, 02:12
The OP hasn't given any details yet, but has anyone seen or heard more about this:jawdrop:? Looks amazing:isadizzy:.

http://www.playhorizon.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4593

stansdds
July 30th, 2011, 03:04
That does look incredible. I wonder about the details, such as required scenery (stock vs. photo-real), frame rate hit and cost.

dvj
July 30th, 2011, 07:52
Speaking of scenery, does anyone know what it is showing in the examples?

Walter
July 30th, 2011, 07:56
:jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawd rop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop:: jawdrop:

dvj
July 30th, 2011, 07:56
Ah it's PlayHorizons VFR Ireland. The application in development is called "Shade".

kilo delta
July 30th, 2011, 09:50
:( I missed out on the price cut for VFR Ireland

stiz
July 30th, 2011, 10:29
yea the PR on VFR Ireland is poor to say the least, had to wait for people to buy it and post screens as there werent any at all in any annocments or even the selling page!

kilo delta
July 30th, 2011, 11:04
yea the PR on VFR Ireland is poor to say the least, had to wait for people to buy it and post screens as there werent any at all in any annocments or even the selling page!

I guess I'll make do with Tileproxy when I want to fly over Ireland with photoscenery. The lack of autogen would be a major let down...though I'd likely have taken a punt at £19.99 for each pack.

atf300
July 30th, 2011, 11:09
i do hope they release an autogen addon to VFR Ireland , sure looks good .

spatialpro
July 30th, 2011, 11:17
Speaking of scenery, does anyone know what it is showing in the examples?

It is the VFR GenX scenery England & Wales package (3 parts, 1 or 2 of which are shown) plus Earth Simulation's Treescapes, as well as VFR Ireland

dvj
July 30th, 2011, 17:16
BTW, I downloaded the Alphasim T-28 Trojan FSX shown in the images. Fun little model. Better than some payware at 2X the price!

skyblazer3
July 31st, 2011, 13:10
wow. I will stand in line for that.

peter12213
July 31st, 2011, 13:34
Same here chris I want that, also does anyone know where to download the ENB series modification?

Bjoern
July 31st, 2011, 15:56
Blog: http://shadeforfsx.blogspot.com/

Maybe something similar to that ENB mod?
Or a shader hack.

ENBSeries:
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?14917-Bloom-from-Russia

The second d/l link still works.

NVidia users, who run FSX in DX9 mode with ENB:
Do you have problems with ENB disabling anti-aliasing?

This had me bugged a bit when I last tried ENB, but it was many driver versions ago.

orionll
July 31st, 2011, 21:23
I think someone found the ShadersHLSL folder... :jump:

Either that or they modified some DLL (a la the ENBSeries mod).

stiz
July 31st, 2011, 23:02

no problems here on a 9800GT card :)

I think someone found the ShadersHLSL folder..:jump:

Hope thats the case, would be prety cheap just selling (if it is gonna be payware, not seen anything mentioned on that) a modifired config for a free dll :mixedsmi:

Daube
August 1st, 2011, 00:24

This had me bugged a bit when I last tried ENB, but it was many driver versions ago.
I had no problems at all, with my 8800GTX or my GTX480.
Try it again with my own files (http://sapdaube.free.fr/fsx/bloom2.zip).
Also, it is said that if the video card gets overloaded with work, the ENB might stop working... perhaps it's linked ? The author refers to video memory usage, so you might want to check if your AA is not set too high.
Ensure your video drivers are not set to "performance" or "best performance" in the FSX profile for texture filtering.

Bjoern
August 1st, 2011, 07:30
I had no problems at all, with my 8800GTX or my GTX480.
Try it again with my own files (http://sapdaube.free.fr/fsx/bloom2.zip).
Also, it is said that if the video card gets overloaded with work, the ENB might stop working... perhaps it's linked ? The author refers to video memory usage, so you might want to check if your AA is not set too high.
Ensure your video drivers are not set to "performance" or "best performance" in the FSX profile for texture filtering.

Merci.

It's set to all quality and I don't think 8*AA is too much for a GTX275.

Daube
August 1st, 2011, 14:37
Should be fine indeed.
Do you still get the same issues with my files ? The two files included in my archive are my actual INI file, and the corresponding ENB bloom version. I don't remember if it's the GTA San Andreas 0.74 or 0.75... I believe it's the 0.75.

Bjoern
August 1st, 2011, 16:28
I've tried your files, but found the settings not really practical (too blurry and bright).

I'm experimenting with a newer version of the module at the moment, but it's more along the lines of color correction.

Phantom88
August 3rd, 2011, 13:50
Some new pics today posted,this time without the ENB Mod in FTX/Orbx PNW.I'm very,very impressed.