PDA

View Full Version : FSX playing silly buggers

Whitehawk
July 29th, 2011, 23:10
Here's a fun one I haven't encountered before, in free flight I set up a flight, and hit fly now. Everything loads fine except when I enter the game engine the a/c has spawned somewhere other than the selected airport, just above either water or ground, which leads to the corresponding splash/crash and reload. This becomes a vicious cycle where I only have enough time to get to the end flight button some of the time :-s

Anyone had or heard of this one before?

Whitehawk
July 29th, 2011, 23:15
Ok panic over lol found it to be CumulusX causing whatever the problem is! Now to figure out why :icon_eek:

Killbilly
July 30th, 2011, 04:17
I've had that vicious cycle happen before if I've saved a flight too near a scenery object. The best way I found to break the cycle is to hit the slew key as soon as the loading screen reaches 100% but before the actual flight screen comes up. You've got about a one second window there usually. Then, the flight loads in slew mode where you won't crash and can move the plane to a safe location. I know this doesn't solve your original problem, but if the cycle starts again, give this a try.
I hope you get your problem with CumulusX sorted. Good luck.