PDA

View Full Version : New monitor? 24"-27" What's the best bang for the buck?

OleBoy
July 29th, 2011, 17:04
Times come. I want a bigger monitor. Best bang for the buck.

I've been looking at HP, ASUS & LG. I really could use some feedback to help me make up my mind.

Uses:
FSX
Gaming
Graphics
Repainting

Funds available; $300-$350 [give or take $20]

Naismith
July 29th, 2011, 22:10
Times come. I want a bigger monitor. Best bang for the buck.

I've been looking at HP, ASUS & LG. I really could use some feedback to help me make up my mind.

Uses:
FSX
Gaming
Graphics
Repainting

Funds available; $300-$350 [give or take $20]

Cant go too wrong with Samsung or Acer imho. but Samsung on balance. Main thing is to get a fast repsonse time and backlit.

OleBoy
July 30th, 2011, 14:52
Advice was greatly appreciated. I went out shopping today and got http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003D1ADUU/ref=asc_df_B003D1ADUU1647414?smid=A3LJ5WMKNRFKQS&tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=asn&creative=395105&creativeASIN=B003D1ADUU

kilo delta
July 30th, 2011, 14:59
Just seen this thread now and was about to suggest getting an IPS panelled monitor...a "must" for graphics and photography alike (looks good while gaming too!). Good choice,Oleboy...enjoy the new monitor. :)

OleBoy
July 30th, 2011, 15:57
Thanks KD. I did my research last night after work while having a few beers. I was having a debate on two choices. ASUS and HP. ASUS was cheaper by a few dollars, but didn't have USB support. The lack of no usb inputs killed my purchase of one of them right quick. The HP, well, I have a few friends that have them and they are real happy with them. The graphic detail really impressed me when I saw them playing PC games too. Over time I was liking the thought of getting one, but the one I had was actually fine for all intense purposes. Well, up until I finally got my new machine built anyway. I got mine for a sweet price of $270.00 out the door on special sale. So at that cost I had to go for it. The funds and timing were perfect for a change.