PDA

View Full Version : A question of pivots

Paul Domingue
July 28th, 2011, 12:48
In the design of my J2F-5, I am faced with very little in the way of engineering detail so I have taken poetic license so to speak in the construction of my VC using what reference material I have. In trying to keep it as realistic as possible with the linkage between the forward and rear stick I considered the heim joint. Well to my disappointment the Germans invented it and it was not discovered by the Allies until the early 40s after the Brits shot down some of the Luftwaffe aircraft and found it in their control systems. Not being an aircraft engineer I considered the universal joint since it was around since before powered flight but that doesn’t seem practical so I have decided to go with an open fork equatorial mount system. Before I got to deep in this I decided to run it by you folks on the forum. Can you give me some pointers?

Paul

hairyspin
July 28th, 2011, 13:09
Kermit Weeks operates a Duck - how about asking his organisation, Fantasy of Flight, for some details? Or am I being naive...

Paul Domingue
July 28th, 2011, 14:40
I’m extremely wet behind the ears (or naive) with regard to the SOH forum, how do I get in contact with this person or persons?

From what I can see there are a lot of differences between constructions in the various models of the J2F but I would think that the control yoke should be relatively the same. Anyways, someone who actually has one could be a valuable source of info for me.

Paul Domingue
July 28th, 2011, 14:45
Found his site, thanks

I'll give him a buzz and see what's what