PDA

View Full Version : Using dino's t-45c HUD in his Tomcat,possible?

marwanhamed
July 28th, 2011, 04:49
Hello every one, i've been following this forum for a very long time, as my primary source of reviews and viewing some nice constructive discussions..I'm new to carrier OPS,but have been learning it for the past few day's out of great love toward's Dino's T-45,one of my fav. Aircraft ever..i also really like dino's F-14.. now that i've trained so well in thegoshawk i wanted to step up to the big boys..My main concern is the HUD,i really enjoyed the collimated one in the goshawk, and found it indispensible for carrier ops.. So here's my question,is it possible to use the goshawk's HUD in the tomcat .. I think the collimation is model specific,but maybe i'm wrong..

orionll
July 28th, 2011, 06:17
Nope, although you can use a version of the improved Hornet HUD. Download it here: http://www.simviation.com/1/find-file?fileId=4939.

Dino Cattaneo
July 28th, 2011, 07:15
HUD collimation needs to be "built in" the 3d cockpit...
Good news: I am working on a new Tomcat, which, if I get the proper help from Neutrino and Scott Printz, will have a proper HUD...
Bad news: it may well take 3-4 months before it will be ready... and I am still waiting for information on Flight development tools...in order to make sure my work will not be wasted on the new platform...

Bone
July 28th, 2011, 07:55
HUD collimation needs to be "built in" the 3d cockpit...
Good news: I am working on a new Tomcat, which, if I get the proper help from Neutrino and Scott Printz, will have a proper HUD...
Bad news: it may well take 3-4 months before it will be ready... and I am still waiting for information on Flight development tools...in order to make sure my work will not be wasted on the new platform...

When you update the Tomcat, would it be possible to get more of the exterior visible from the VC? For instance, the intakes? Thanks. You do nice work.

marwanhamed
July 28th, 2011, 14:16
thank you orion for your reply, will surely sownload that (marking on HUD always confronting with outside world, that's exactly what i was looking for)

Dino, your generosity amazes me.. waiting impatiently for your next release.. thank you for the amazing effort and time! pure perfection!