PDA

View Full Version : Miegs Field and Rod Blagojevich?

Lionheart
December 10th, 2008, 09:43
Hey all,

Forgive my memory. I need to varify something.

The Govenor of Illinoise, Rod Blagojevich, was just arrested, as most know, for trying to sell the Senate seat of President Elect Obamma for a huge sum, (literally selling it, which included a good union job where he would make more then being a Govenor). He was massively corrupt and they had been trying to get him on something for ages it seems, so he's finally out of the picture.

My question is, is this the character that also did in Meigs, or was that someone else? Sorry, I forget so much. arrghh..

Bill

SabreAce
December 10th, 2008, 10:49
Nope, it was another of the "honorable" political types, namely Chicago mayor Richard Daley.

Willy
December 10th, 2008, 11:01
Yep, it was Daley who closed Meigs overnight.

Cratermaker
December 10th, 2008, 11:13
I'm hoping the two get ensnared with each others activities during the course of the investigation. :mixedsmi:

WuhWuzDat
December 10th, 2008, 12:30
Having lived in northern Illinois for better than 99% of my life, I've come up with a few hard and fast rules:

1) Never trust a Chicago politician.
2) Never trust a Cook County politician.
3) Never trust an Illinois politician.
4) Government bureaucrats count as politicians.

I tend to live by these rules, but I always hope that the folks in office do their very best to earn my respect.

Jeff

Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst!

Lionheart
December 10th, 2008, 13:24
Roger, roger that, and roger...

I was hoping this was the guy.

:ernae:

Bill

Navy Chief
December 10th, 2008, 13:57
I have a feeling the guy is going to "sing" quite a bit to avoid a long jail term. This could become interesting.

NC

brad kaste
December 10th, 2008, 14:33
[quote=Lionheart;56092]Hey all,

Forgive my memory. I need to varify something.

The Govenor of Illinoise, Rod Blagojevich, was just arrested, as most know, for trying to sell the Senate seat of President Elect Obamma for a huge sum, (literally selling it, which included a good union job where he would make more then being a Govenor). He was massively corrupt and they had been trying to get him on something for ages it seems, so he's finally out of the picture.

My question is, is this the character that also did in Meigs, or was that someone else? Sorry, I forget so much. arrghh..
Bill,...I could be wrong on this but I think I'm correct on the following point....the other guy who's in hot water with Blago is John Harris,...yes,...he did the dirty work for Mayor Daley in tearing up Meigs Field. Harris is the aide de' camp for The Weasel. A stinking kettle of fish. And remember,...as the ol' saying goes,....a fish starts to rot from the head downwards,...this should become interesting in the days to come.

Dain Arns
December 10th, 2008, 14:35
Oh yeah, I see this thread having a long life... :173go1: :costumes:

smoores
December 10th, 2008, 14:52
Doesn't matter, they are both going to Hell:icon36:

Navy Chief
December 10th, 2008, 16:16
I hadn't watched Fox News (or any other news) since 4 November, but this got me watching again.

NC

Hern07
December 12th, 2008, 20:34
I think it was Kissinger who said "Ninety-eight percent of politicians give the other two percent a bad name."

Helldiver
December 13th, 2008, 01:19
Oh, by the way, Mayor Daley's Lawyer that told him it was O.K. to foul up Meigs Field was no one else than Mrs Orack Hussein Obama.

brad kaste
December 13th, 2008, 05:03
Just an update,...John Harris,... close adviser to Blago-blago,....has stepped down from his position a few days ago. Looks like the rats are starting to leave the ship. I'd toss him a life preserver but gosh,.....I can't seem to locate one......

Hern07
December 13th, 2008, 16:46
What do y'all think B. might have to offer in the way of a deal? Strange, no one has mentioned who HE migfht implicate. :kilroy:

brad kaste
December 13th, 2008, 17:15
What do y'all think B. might have to offer in the way of a deal? Strange, no one has mentioned who HE migfht implicate. :kilroy:
HernO7,....That's the BIG worry of the Crook County and Chicago Machine politicians. If Blago starts to sing like a plea-bargaining canary,....whom will he take with him? The Powers to Be,....Daley and his cohorts.....would like to have Blago politically dispatched ASAP. That's why they're having a big pow-wow meeting in Springfield tomorrow. How to get rid of the weasel. Lisa Madigan, Illinois Attorney General,...has already brought the case before the Il. Supreme Court to have a judgement made upon him. Her case states the gov is mentally unfit and/or unstable.
As it stands now,.....Blago is hangin' tough. He still says...or thinks....he hasn't done anything wrong.:icon_lol:

N400QW
December 13th, 2008, 17:39
Bill, as a lifelong citizen of Illinois I can say that none of us who live downstate trust anyone north of Springfield when it comes to politics.
The Richard Daly administration ordered the closure of Meigs over of a deal gone sour to expand/offset Ohare down to around Peotone and the Peotone VOR.

Daly threw his full weight against the rest of the State and the Dept. of Homeland Security in that matter and to our knowledge has still only paid 30K in fines and that from taxpayer money.
That is why many of us from downstate NEVER vote Democratic ballot because if we do we prolong the "machine".
The motto in Chicago is "vote early and vote often" and they have more deceased people voting in elections than any other State in the Union.
Illinois residents are not surprised at Blogs behaviour as he is cut from the same cloth as the rest of the "machine" only stupid enough to think he couldn't be caught.:173go1:

Lionheart
December 13th, 2008, 17:50
Man, you guys have had it rough. We only catch bits and pieces over here in Arizona. I guess I live in a pretty relaxed state.

I do hope that Daleys fate catches up with him soon. Paying his own fines with others hard earned tax money is criminal alone...

Bill

N400QW
December 13th, 2008, 17:58
Man, you guys have had it rough. We only catch bits and pieces over here in Arizona. I guess I live in a pretty relaxed state.

I do hope that Daleys fate catches up with him soon. Paying his own fines with others hard earned tax money is criminal alone...

Bill

Bill, that's just the tip of the proverbial iceberg. The misuse of Illinois taxpayers money is second only to misuse of Federal taxpayers money.

There is, I believe, a day of reckoning for corrupt elected officials at every level and it sure ain't gonna be pretty. :bs:

brad kaste
December 13th, 2008, 18:43
Bill,....also understand that most persons in Chicago and Crook county are like a bunch of sheep. There's no thinking that goes on 'upstairs.' They just punch the Demo ticket no matter what type of corruption takes place. In fact,....Blago the Weasel was already being investigated two years ago when he won re-election. How's that for apples? Only when the poop hits the fan big time like now do the 'regulars' act all contrite and concerned. Now that The Blogs is toxic,...no one wants to get near him. They're in pursuit of covering their butts as quickly as possible.
The hero of this 'pay-to-play' mess is US Attorney Patrick Fitzgerald. A true crusader against crime. Much like a modern day Elliot Ness. Some think of him too much of being a hard ass. Hey,....bring it on!

Willy
December 13th, 2008, 18:48
Sounds like a hard ass is what's needed there.

brad kaste
December 13th, 2008, 18:52
Willy,.......there is. His name is Patrick Fitzgerald.

N400QW
December 13th, 2008, 19:42
Couldn't agree more...US Attorney Patrick Fitzgerald should be cloned and multiplied throughout every state in the union.
More like him means less of those who are like Daly and Blog.:banghead:

Hals und Bein Bruch
December 14th, 2008, 00:27
definition of a one-party system; "When all choices offered are bad..."

Hals und Bein Bruch
December 14th, 2008, 02:15
...admit then,that it it is possible for our Sainted Leadership to err..!

Drake
December 14th, 2008, 09:29
The Illinois state capital. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.

Francois
December 14th, 2008, 22:17
Having lived in northern Illinois for better than 99% of my life, I've come up with a few hard and fast rules:

1) Never trust a Chicago politician.
2) Never trust a Cook County politician.
3) Never trust an Illinois politician.
4) Government bureaucrats count as politicians.

I tend to live by these rules, but I always hope that the folks in office do their very best to earn my respect.

Jeff

Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst!

You forgot one: never trust a lawyer :wiggle:

MCDesigns
December 14th, 2008, 22:21
The Illinois state capital. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.

LMAO! Right you are Obi wan :ernae:

brad kaste
December 15th, 2008, 06:29
Here's a Time Mag. link to the historical, governmental corruption of Illinois. It goes waaaa-a-a-y back in time. This is just the tip of the iceberg on the graft, corruption, and racketeering that goes on in Chicago, Crook County, and Springfield.
Poor Abe Lincoln,...he'd be spinning in his grave right now if he knew the shenanigans that continually play out here in Illinois.

http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,1865681,00.html