PDA

View Full Version : An Apology,

Ali Cat
July 25th, 2011, 15:03
Last friday I made a very severe response to a thread and I wish I had not. If my post gave offense to anyone then I do certainly apologize.

AC

misson
July 25th, 2011, 15:27
I've been part of my nearly 36 years of life, many forums, clubs, circles radioamateurs before EXPLOSION Internet, etc, etc, and I believe what I saw from an objective point of view perhaps, is nothing more than usually happens when there are human beings within a group. but I congratulate you on your courage to apologize to those who have asked. in all these groups mentioned was very difficult to find people with the courage to apologize.

misson
July 25th, 2011, 15:33
I've been part of my nearly 36 years of life, many forums, clubs, circles radioamateurs before EXPLOSION Internet, etc, etc, and I believe what I saw from an objective point of view perhaps, is nothing more than usually happens when there are human beings within a group. but I congratulate you on your courage to apologize to those who have asked. in all these groups mentioned was very difficult to find people with the courage to apologize.

I know I am an foreigner that no one asked for an opinion.:ipepsi2:

Captain Kurt
July 25th, 2011, 16:12
Nobody is a foreigner here. Some of us just speak different languages. :wavey:

Ali Cat
July 25th, 2011, 16:33
I'm guessing that english is your second language but how you do “hit” the point.

I just Googled Uruguay to make sure were I thought it is is actually where it is (I was close – sort of). I have never been anywhere near your homeland but my father has been to Argentina. He hunted and fished there (he's rich and he paid) but what I remember is how he commented on the beauty of the land.

Just caught “The Captains” response and no mission you are no foreigner. We Americans are a strange breed but I can speak for many that you are, with out a doubt, most welcome.

Thanks for your response,
AC

The_Editor
July 25th, 2011, 16:47
I know I am an foreigner that no one asked for an opinion.:ipepsi2:

By the way, congratulations to your country for winning the Copa America.

Diego Forlan and Luis Suarez were outstanding during the tournament. :salute:

misson
July 25th, 2011, 17:00
I'm guessing that english is your second language but how you do “hit” the point.

I just Googled Uruguay to make sure were I thought it is is actually where it is (I was close – sort of). I have never been anywhere near your homeland but my father has been to Argentina. He hunted and fished there (he's rich and he paid) but what I remember is how he commented on the beauty of the land.

Just caught “The Captains” response and no mission you are no foreigner. We Americans are a strange breed but I can speak for many that you are, with out a doubt, most welcome.

Thanks for your response,
AC

You and capt kurt make good honor what is called being a good American. It's just that I respect the thinking of you all and how they see things. and write better English than I speak, I understand almost everything you write. 9 years study and use English language daily with foreigners and traslating technicians electronics handbooks.:wavey:

misson
July 25th, 2011, 17:03
By the way, congratulations to your country for winning the Copa America.

Diego Forlan and Luis Suarez were outstanding during the tournament. :salute:

Thank u too! every body here are crazy with america soccer cup and fourth place in the world cup. :mixedsmi:

Discus
July 26th, 2011, 04:22
Thank u too! every body here are crazy with america soccer cup and fourth place in the world cup. :mixedsmi:

Misson
Congratulations from the other side of the pond (the Rio de la Plata) for that American soccer cup!!

By the way, Uruguayan landscape is for me far more beautiful than the Argentinian´s Pampa. The landscape is more hilly. And people are more friendly. I live´d there for 6 years. Due to it´s size Argentina has many different and beautiful landscapes, but that´s another story.

Ali Cat
Must have missed that thread, but congratulations for your attitude.

Rami
July 26th, 2011, 05:30
Ali Cat,

I also have the occasional acid tongue, but you have shown great character and humility. I should think your apology will be accepted.

Ali Cat
July 26th, 2011, 10:20
Thanks Rami - your words mean a great deal.

AC

misson
July 26th, 2011, 16:11
Misson
Congratulations from the other side of the pond (the Rio de la Plata) for that American soccer cup!!

By the way, Uruguayan landscape is for me far more beautiful than the Argentinian´s Pampa. The landscape is more hilly. And people are more friendly. I live´d there for 6 years. Due to it´s size Argentina has many different and beautiful landscapes, but that´s another story.

Ali Cat
Must have missed that thread, but congratulations for your attitude.

First place i´m surprice that for first time u call me in right way M I S S O N that is my name (Mario Misson) and my surname . usually every body callme mission . Uruguay sounds like some place in the caribean with palm trees and cocos and monkeys , but is wrong idea. Here is not the best place in the world, but closer.
We have a best alphabetition of all America, we learn in the schools and high schools a optionally second language (french or inglish) , mi brother Marco speak 5 languages, Every child with 6 years old must to have a PC provided by the government. THe health centers 100% free, this country is called suize of america (many people comes from others countrys to white money in our banks) but there are not much corruption , is all legal. We have the lowest rate of poverty in Latin America, but as a country is very small (only 3 million people) the health of our economy depends mainly Argentina and Brazil. We index of violence assaults, many armed men to defend itself, but the attacks are made by children (they are with impunity). I have a system of surveillance cameras, alarm system and jericho 9mm in my safe box. But i love my people , i love Uruguay. :uruguay:

wbuchart
July 26th, 2011, 16:44
Nobody is a foreigner here. Some of us just speak different languages. :wavey:

While no one here is doing this, I'd just like to say to those who speak English (or any other language) as a second language and it isn't perfect, be proud of it, no need to apologize. I actully think how great they are to be able to speak a second language so well. Those who would complain about someone elses English probably can't speak a word of that person's native language I'm American, we all mostly suck and other languages, my second language is French, and its been so long since I had to speak it on a regular basis I would probably starve to death in Paris.:icon_lol:

Hern07
July 29th, 2011, 22:05
Like Adm. John "Slew" McCain of WWII fame, I am fluent in only 2 languages: English and profanity. Seriously, if anyone can make themselves understood in more than one language, they have nothing to apologize for if they are not "Perfect." :salute:

erufle
July 30th, 2011, 01:59
Sigh . . . I fear if I apologized every time I should the number of posts I've made would double.:crybaby: