PDA

View Full Version : Etendard IVM/P LSO voice & launch problems

SADT
July 25th, 2011, 02:48
Hi Sylvain & all, :wavey:

I am currently having a couple of problems with your most amazing Etendard:
A) On approach, the LSO voice does not come on at all, except to tell me what wire I have caught - I have enabled LSO control (Green light), I have tuned Le Clem's frequency (110.00) on the Nav2/Tac radio, and the PHI is set to TAC. Yet I still do not have the LSO voice on approach, only after landing to tell me what wire I have caught..
B) How does one launch from Le Clem with a full load of fuel (External tanks filled) and rocket pods? Currently I am unable to get off the deck without plunging quite fatally to the ocean's surface.. I press on the brakes, and then release them when I hear the catapult sound.. Do I only need to activate them until I see the launch officer pull down his flag? Also, what is the correct procedure for executing a successful launch?

Sorry for all the questions, :salute:
Cheers,
Craig Tatley :-)

fallenphoenix1986
July 25th, 2011, 07:17
Hold brakes for a second or two, once the flag goes down launch is imminent. You should however have the jet trimmed for launch (-6.5°).

Craig

sparouty
July 25th, 2011, 09:56
(...)
A) On approach, the LSO voice does not come on at all, except to tell me what wire I have caught - I have enabled LSO control (Green light), I have tuned Le Clem's frequency (110.00) on the Nav2/Tac radio, and the PHI is set to TAC. Yet I still do not have the LSO voice on approach, only after landing to tell me what wire I have caught..
(...)

Hi!
It's difficult to find out what happens...
Is the PHI shows up the right TACAN heading and distance?

I explain myself: LSO and Tacan use the same code which calculate different VOR/DME and ILS -like variables. Then I just set some controls for different distances from the carrier to check your approach.

If the TACAN is well shown up at the PHI, for having LSO voice, you need to have:
- VHF radio switch on (green light button),
- tailhoook down
- flaps down
- gears down

Let me know if it helps you so far?
Regards,
Sylvain

SADT
July 25th, 2011, 12:35
Hi Sylvain,

The PHI gauge is showing the correct heading to the carrier, with the little > shaped pointer pointing to the the carrier. I haven't checked distance, I will do that tonight..
On approach, I have all those variables met (Tailhook Down, Full Flaps, Gear Down, LSO Control Green Light On, PHI set to TAC) and I still get no voice.. I will try again after after I come back home today.

BTW - What is the ideal height to start a CCA? I normally start off at 4000-5000 feet at roughly 5-8 miles out..

Thanks for the help,
Cheers, :salute:
Craig :-)

hae5904
July 25th, 2011, 13:11
Hi Sylvain,
BTW - What is the ideal height to start a CCA? I normally start off at 4000-5000 feet at roughly 5-8 miles out..

Thanks for the help,
Cheers, :salute:

:icon_lol:....5-8 miles out....better start at 1500ft! (it's stated in the manual!) till about 4 miles.
decent to 1200 / 800 / 400 ft from 3 / 2 and 1 mile out respectively.

Cheers,
Hank

sparouty
July 25th, 2011, 14:12

Hi,
I didn't code a CCA (too complex so for far), just a regular approach.
The very first LSO call is "contact paddle" which should occure at 1.5MN from the carrier...

I don't really understand why you have caught wire call and not the "roger ball" or any other cals... Did you modified the dsd_sonsEtdIVM.ini file (present in FSX/Gauges)?

Regads,
Sylvain

SADT
July 25th, 2011, 22:11
Hi Sylvain,

I have not modified anything in the Etendard or its files at all. I have not even added repaints..