PDA

View Full Version : Caz and other Grassers - Bluegrass Alert

EasyEd
July 24th, 2011, 19:22
Hey All,

For most here.. I know two bluegrass posts in one night - too much... you'll recover :bump:

I really enjoy cruisin youtube looking for talent. My favorite is when I find a talented band that has no CDs, no website, just a facebook page like these guys have and just play out at live venues. I think this band has a real future if they work at it.

Now with respect to this first video - I dare anybody absolutely anybody on this website to go tell Amber and her band they stink with the guy in the red shirt with blue lettering to her right standing there... :bump: A fine guitar picker though!
YtP8wdXpstQ&NR=1

Another great job... I just love the not too subtle kicks for another break and when to quit...:icon_lol:
Yy_uqB_7jDo

This one is apparently from her wedding. Guessing they had a great time! What bride and groom on earth wouldn'twanna get married and then just pick bluegrass? :wiggle:
P1E3DIdbnxE&feature=related

Obviously she is good on both the mando and banjo - not too common.

I've also found a modern day Hazel Dickens that I'll post another time.

-Ed-

deltanovember
July 24th, 2011, 20:27
YEEE HAWW!!! good pickin. I just love bluegrass.:ernae:

napamule
July 24th, 2011, 20:31
She IS good. They should invite Willy Nelson to come jam with them. He just might show up as he appreciates good music like that and he likes to help promote good bands. Nice stuff. I grew up in Texas and every summer (2 or 3 times per year) we would go (camping, actually) to Garner State Park (west Texas) and then go hear this and county music played on a stage, with rocks for floor, and which was for dancing 'under the stars'. Bands would take turns and they would play until late into the night. I was a kid back then, but I sure liked to sit and listen. Brings back memories.
Chuck B
Napamule

deltanovember
July 24th, 2011, 20:50
Maybe ya'll are familiar with this kid and his brothers...but if not here they are on Letterman.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKofhkgk7h8

The kid is only nine....incredible.

Cazzie
July 25th, 2011, 07:39
Thanks for those Ed (and Denny). Floyd Fest (held in Floyd, VA) was this past weekend. It's an annual Bluegrass festival with all the name acts in the area. I didn't make it this year, the heat and humidity have been too much to bear. But it is one good time when weather is cooler. Our next big Bluegrass event is the annual Camp Springs Bluegrass Festival in Camp Springs, NC (about 30 miles from me) Labor Day weekend. This is an international event and draws groups from Europe and Japan. Did you know that Bluegrass is very popular in Japan? I'll be there at least two of the three days.

Caz