PDA

View Full Version : Battle of Britain - Royal Air Force...

watchdog22
July 21st, 2011, 22:56
Thanks Rami, that is an itch I'm glad you scratched!!

Ali Cat
July 22nd, 2011, 16:07
Somewhat embarrassing but I do not have an ETO install. With this campaign of yours I will have to get off my you know what and make one.

Terribly exciting project,
AC

Eoraptor1
July 23rd, 2011, 07:22
Can't wait to see it. I'm seriously considering a whole new install just for this campaign.

JAMES

Shadow Wolf 07
July 23rd, 2011, 08:50
Lotsa hard but good work went into this... Thank you Rami! :applause:

Rami
July 24th, 2011, 12:24
Good afternoon,

I have released the Battle of Britain - Royal Air Force campaign package this afternoon. I hope you will all enjoy this, a lot of work went into getting all the kinks out.

Here are some descriptions and mission notes...

The Battle of Britain – Royal Air Force

In this package, there are seven campaigns, all of which are fought from the British side. These campaigns are not limited to flying a single aircraft, you will fly Hurricanes AND Spitfires, along with a Boulton-Paul Defiant.

Please note that in most missions, your objective will be focused on protecting British assets and going after bombers. You will be instructed to go after fighters only on rare occasions, so remember your objective!

These are the campaigns inside of this package are listed below, along with what they were originally.

The RussBoB campaign (Now called “Hornchurch squadron”)

Groundcrew’s Hurricane squadron (Now called “Kenley squadron”)

Talon’s British CFS1 BoB campaign converted for CFS2 (Now called “Battle of Britain”)

Talon’s August 1940 mission set (Still called “August 1940”, with a campaign file created by me)

Lenny Flank's 25 mission Hurricane campaign. (Now called "Battle of Britain - Hurricane")

Lenny Flank's 25 mission Spitfire campaign. (Now called "Battle of Britain - Spitfire")

While all of the above campaigns are linear, there is also a dynamic campaign which combines all of these campaigns and allows you to fly from the beginning of the Battle through the end, including all 106 missions, though you will likely only fly in the neighborhood of 65-70 missions when you factor in random chance and performance-based missions.

Additionally, I have created or enhanced GSL port facilities and GSL scenery for this campaign at the following locations: Boulogne, Bristol, Central London, Dunkerque, Dover, Gosport, Hawker Aircraft Factory, Portland, Portsmouth, Ramsgate, and Southampton.

tobob
July 24th, 2011, 15:37
This is exciting!

Does this guy ever stop? Hopefully not! :icon29::icon29::icon29:

tobob

Discus
July 24th, 2011, 16:30
Thanks again Rami!!

Strafing_run
July 26th, 2011, 05:13
We who are about to dogfight......salute you!!!! Thanks for all the hard work you put in Rami, it is much appreciated.
:icon29:

Discus
July 27th, 2011, 06:15
I´ve flown one mission after completing my install (had to search, uninstall some old BGL and install the new ones). Excelent!! I had fun catching 3 Do17Z near the french coast after downing all the Stukas.:jump: One Hurri was already after them. Strange for me not to have run out of ammo first! Even had fuel to fly over a german airfield.

Great London scenery also! Thanks to all involved in this great scenery!:applause::applause:

Cheers, Discus

Rami
July 27th, 2011, 06:21
I´ve flown one mission after completing my install (had to search, uninstall some old BGL and install the new ones). Excelent!! I had fun catching 3 Do17Z near the french coast after downing all the Stukas.:jump: One Hurri was already after them. Strange for me not to have run out of ammo first! Even had fuel to fly over a german airfield.

Great London scenery also! Thanks for all involved in this great scenery!:applause::applause:

Cheers, Discus

Discus,

A) It's nice to have positive feedback, thanks!

B) Discus also let me know of a minor oversight. I forgot to put the "scenery" and "texture" folders into a "weapons" sub-folder so that downloaders would know where the files go. Now many of you are smart enough to figure this out on your own, but still, I fixed the package and put it back into the library in the same place.

Thanks, Discus...now back to torpedo training off Bermuda with the FAA.

Captain Kurt
July 27th, 2011, 20:36
Thank you Rami,

When I get the chance, I will uninstall all the old campaigns this replaces in my ETO set up and get this installed. I don't doubt it will be a noticable improvement. :icon29::icon29:

Eoraptor1
August 20th, 2011, 14:47
Rami,

Just out of sheer curiosity - Have you read Len Deighton's book, Fighter, about the Battle of Britain? I think it's something you'd enjoy.

JAMES

Rami
August 20th, 2011, 15:21
Rami,

Just out of sheer curiosity - Have you read Len Deighton's book, Fighter, about the Battle of Britain? I think it's something you'd enjoy.

JAMES

James,

Yeah, but I can't read a book like that without thinking about what missions I might want to do from it. It's a sickness.

Eoraptor1
August 22nd, 2011, 14:53
James,

Yeah, but I can't read a book like that without thinking about what missions I might want to do from it. It's a sickness.

You say that like it's a bad thing.

JAMES

sc7500
August 22nd, 2011, 15:51
...I can't read a book like that without thinking about what missions I might want to do from it. It's a sickness....

And, as anyone who's been here for long and knows Rami at least a TINY bit knows.....

Drew is 'Down With The Sickness'..... :wavey:

SC
:kilroy: