PDA

View Full Version : What a Wondeful World FSX

gera
December 10th, 2008, 06:59
I donīt know if you guys have seen these ground enhancement textures...if not, check them out, they are the best I have seen in a long time and the price is right I think.........if you have them give us a tip or two for I am downloading them tonight!!!!....I got only the Summer one which originally came out as freeware and you might still get it at Avsim.:kilroy:

Check the Video.

http://secure.simmarket.com/oscar-lima-golf-what-a-wonderful-world.phtml

Daube
December 10th, 2008, 07:32
I really don't like the rendering offered by those new textures, especially for mountains and snow (which is transformed into the terrible FS9 style).

arrowmaker
January 22nd, 2009, 02:10
The video did actually catch my eye. I have GEX USA & Canada installed as well as the Austrailian FTX packages. I have however been looking for a global texture replacement package to cover the rest of the world. I'd be very interested in the opinions of anyone who has actually installed this WWW package.

grunau_baby
January 22nd, 2009, 03:22
I have them and am very pleased with the result. Great new snow and rock textures and better overall look. Only downside is a somewhat greenish tundra-look in some desert regions. It also offers a new detail texture enhancing the impression of flowers and gras

Some examples below. I guess itīs a simple case of personal taste if you like em or not.

Alex

arrowmaker
January 23rd, 2009, 00:14
Thanks for the reply. The only other global replacement textures I have seen are the Xclass products from Cloud9. One thing which I've noticed is that WWW takes up 4.4GB of HD space whilst the XClass World install only takes up 200MB. Thats quite a difference. I'll have to look into it a bit further. I must admit though that after watching the promo video again I'm leaning towards getting WWW.

Vigilius
January 23rd, 2009, 10:03
XClass it's not textures but only landclass a completely different product