PDA

View Full Version : KNJW - Joe Williams Outlying Field - Release Announcement

thetford569
July 23rd, 2011, 16:36
Hey,

I've finally released my scenery for Joe Williams OLF located about 20nm NW of NAS Meridian, MS. It's been ready for release for while I just haven't had time to put the package together. This is a great place to practice FCLP with Dino's T-45C Goshawk. I explored adding carrier box lighting for nighttime FCLP but I didn't have time to learn the skills required to add this in...maybe in a future update I will add it. Otherwise the field has working IFLOLS and a custom made LSO shack at each end of the runway. This was my first attempt at designing my own 3d models so these aren't the greatest but they work well. In future projects I want to get into more detailed custom models. I had no photos or other references to work with for the airport other than Bird's Eye View on Bing maps which can be quite a useful tool. I think I represented the airport fairly well. I did find several official Training Wing 1 documents that I used to help design the airport which were invaluable.

Also, I've used several add-on scenery libraries which are explained in the readme. These are required along with FSX Acceleration for everything to show up like it should. A couple of buildings were used from MAIW scenery packages and links to download them are in the readme as well. I would consider these "optional" however you will be missing a few buildings if you don't have them. Everything else came from popular libraries and FSX default libraries.

Here is an older thread with screenshots from the almost finished product: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?52891-KNJW-Joe-Williams-NOLF

The download is available here at SOH in the FSX Scenery Section and I will be putting this on AVSIM and Flightsim.com as well.

SOH Link: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?catid=113&linkid=4351

Thanks and I hope you enjoy!

Brandon Thetford

Cag40Navy
July 23rd, 2011, 17:32
Thank you! :salute:

huub vink
July 24th, 2011, 01:19
Thanks Brandon, highly appreciated!

Huub