PDA

View Full Version : 1947 Republic SeaBee

OleBoy
July 23rd, 2011, 14:40
I had/have the opportunity of crawling all over a 1947 Republic SeaBee with a camera today, and I am curious if anyone has thought of/considered modeling one for FSX?

This is the one
http://www.abpic.co.uk/photo/1029193/no_pictures.php

mal998
July 23rd, 2011, 15:08
There is one. Do a search at Flightsim.com for Republic Seabee

I would upload a pic but I keep getting told I've exceeded my limit, whatever that means.

OleBoy
July 23rd, 2011, 15:18
Thanks Mal. I was aware that there is one out there. I should have typed more words to make a little more sense in my above post. I was meaning more of an FSX native type. I was told that I can take all the pictures I want, but the aircraft will be leaving next week sometime and wont be back. If anyone is thinking of modeling specifically for FSX, speak up because I have full access!!

falcon409
July 23rd, 2011, 15:40
Thanks Mal. I was aware that there is one out there. I should have typed more words to make a little more sense in my above post. I was meaning more of an FSX native type. I was told that I can take all the pictures I want, but the aircraft will be leaving next week sometime and wont be back. If anyone is thinking of modeling specifically for FSX, speak up because I have full access!!
Would be nice to see a native FSX Seabee, but unless Tim does one, I doubt anyone would see a huge need to spend the effort, especially from a payware standpoint.

It would be great if you could get some detailed interior shots though. The one I have could use some serious interior upgrading.:salute:

spotlope
July 23rd, 2011, 16:27
I started one a long time ago, and I open the file and look at it from time to time. As a scenery guy, aircraft are still a bit of a mystery to me. Still, that plane in particular catches my imagination. It's not exactly good-looking, but it's definitely unique.

Reddog
July 23rd, 2011, 16:36
PAD has one out for both 9 and X.

falcon409
July 23rd, 2011, 17:22
PAD has one out for both 9 and X.
Yep, that's the one I have.:salute:

OleBoy
July 23rd, 2011, 17:56
Ed, I got pictures of the complete interior. Problem is, I some how hit the dial to video, and they did not turn out well. I'll be going back tomorrow with my monopod for new shots. And charged batteries. So you'll be welcome to any I get.:salute:

falcon409
July 23rd, 2011, 18:07
Ed, I got pictures of the complete interior. Problem is, I some how hit the dial to video, and they did not turn out well. I'll be going back tomorrow with my monopod for new shots. And charged batteries. So you'll be welcome to any I get.:salute:
That would be awesome, thanks!!

Piglet
July 24th, 2011, 15:13
There's one sitting at my airport....:icon_lol:
Least I think it's still there.

Railrunner130
July 25th, 2011, 04:43
My wishlist has a UC-1 Twin Bee on it.

Also, don't forget there's an FN333 Riviera out there. It's a classy Italian take on the Seabee.