PDA

View Full Version : J2F-5 Cockpit Reference

Paul Domingue
July 23rd, 2011, 11:20
I'm searching for good quality photo reference for the Grumman J2F-5 cockpit to aid me in my VC development. I have been working on this Duck off and on for a few years but finding decent photos is hard. I purchased some manuals from an online source and while helpfull there wasn't much on construction detail.

The model I'm working on is made with 3ds Max 9 for FSX.

Cees Donker
July 23rd, 2011, 22:52
Paul,

That looks stunning! What detail! Can't help you with the research, alas! Maybe you should ask the same question on the FSX forum?

Cees

OleBoy
July 24th, 2011, 05:22
That looks fantastic!!!

Paul, let me see if I still have the reference material I had back when icarus was modeling it. I scoured the web and found some good stuff. If I can manage to find it again, I'll helpfully pass it along to you.

Also, it would save me some time to know what reference material/books you already have, so I don't upload a duplicate. PM me with that info maybe, because I generally settle in the FSX forum

Paul Domingue
July 24th, 2011, 11:56
Thanks for the compliment Cees, a little kick to the ego is always good. This is my first VC and I had to pick something this complicated.:salute: dope slap. BTW, everything is animated, levers and linkage rods etc, now I値l have to learn how to assign FSX clickable controls to them all. The landing gear took me a long time to animate, it was a big learning curve but it was worth it.

I have several other aircraft models in the works and when I get any of them to a point that I知 satisfied with I値l post them here for download (this is just a hobby). I have a RAF_BE2e I have been putzing with for a little while. I値l probably have this done before the Duck. The motor has more time in it then the rest of the aircraft and I知 looking forward to animating it.

I am usually on the FFDS Design Forum but I値l have to visit here more often. PM is on the way OleBoy.

Cees Donker
July 24th, 2011, 12:09
The FFDS forum is down at the moment. Or am I wrong?

Cees

Paul Domingue
July 24th, 2011, 12:24
It's working for me

N2056
July 24th, 2011, 13:06
Welcome Paul! :wavey:

You're doing some pretty impressive work. That last pic of the engine is amazing!