PDA

View Full Version : FSX Acceleration/Superbug issues

Eoraptor1
July 22nd, 2011, 12:05
I got an Amazon gift card for one of my birthday presents yesterday and immediately cashed it in on FSX Acceleration Expansion Pack, which arrived via UPS today. I should add that I had already installed the VRS F-18E "Superbug" which I really like. What I'm really trying to do with the add-ons is recreate some of the capabilities of my old Jane's F-18 sim, which I loved but can no longer rune, because my new system uses Windows 7. Everything seemed to go right with the installation, but the Microsoft P-51 and EH-101 helicopter display extremely choppy exterior models onscreen (The F-18A is very smooth) and the exterior textures on my Super Hornet have unaccountably turned invisible. Suddenly, I'm flying Wonder Woman's jet. I'm admittedly a newbie with FSX, but I'm a long time flight simmer and have no idea why this happened. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Is there a workaround, or do I have to uninstall everything and start from scratch?

Many thanks in advance,

JAMES

mjrhealth
July 22nd, 2011, 12:32
If you gad sp1 and sp2 instaled b4, yes i would advise a new fresh reinstall. And as suggested, install fsx then run it then install acceleration, no need for the service packs, and dont put it in the default folder but in a folder outside windows.

Eoraptor1
July 23rd, 2011, 06:32
If you gad sp1 and sp2 instaled b4, yes i would advise a new fresh reinstall. And as suggested, install fsx then run it then install acceleration, no need for the service packs, and dont put it in the default folder but in a folder outside windows.

That did the trick. Everything's working like a charm now. Thanks for the assist.

JAMES