PDA

View Full Version : Hale Sea Port Base?

Railrunner130
July 20th, 2011, 10:28
I've been trying to build AFCADs for the seaplane bases in the Chesapeake Bay area. I haven't decided exactly what to do with it or how far to take it yet, if at all.

Most of the seaplane bases appear to be private, although I can't prove it. The main SPB that is stumping me right now is 02MD, Hale Sea Port Base. Some research shows that it's in the Port of Baltimore, but that's only by overlapping Google and FSX. I can't find anything on it in the real world. I was thinking that it might have been part of the Baltimore Municipal Airport/ Seaport, http://www.airfields-freeman.com/MD/Airfields_MD_Balt_SE.htm But it's not in the correct location. And that website doesn't have anything on Hale.

Any ideas? Info appreciated.

Roadburner440
July 20th, 2011, 17:49
Might be an old abandoned sea plane ramp.. I know over on NAS Jacksonville they used to have the old PBY ramps/hangars. Now the sea plane ramps were cut where they meet the ramp, and they tore the docks down. There might be no information on it just because it is abandoned.. Even if it was private I think the airport would still need some kind of chart/FAA approval, and there would have to be at least some type of information out there.

CG_1976
July 20th, 2011, 18:37
Baltimore municipal (Harbor Field) would be my guess.

Railrunner130
July 22nd, 2011, 15:27
I can't imagine flying in and out of a busy, active port like Baltimore Harbor. I wonder if it's not a public base. Possibly for law enforcement use.