PDA

View Full Version : Bestwick

Daveroo
July 20th, 2011, 07:49
Allen Bestwick will be back in the booth for the lap by lap call for sprint cup races for ESPN...great move..Marty ried drives me nuts......

Cazzie
July 20th, 2011, 08:20
Well Marty Ried ain't no cat's meow. But around these parts, the one headed back to the booth is call Allen Worstwick. He's a dipstick, a pencil-neck, mud-tanned geek!

Caz

Daveroo
July 21st, 2011, 07:35
Well Marty Ried ain't no cat's meow. But around these parts, the one headed back to the booth is call Allen Worstwick. He's a dipstick, a pencil-neck, mud-tanned geek!

Caz

no pleasing you or ed is there?......Bestwick has a good sense of humor.talks clear and not marble mouthed,sure he scews up..but not nearly as much as ried ,,,and when bestwick does screw up he admits it..when ried does..he ignores it and trys to make you..the viewer feel stupid for not knowing what he meant to say....like crusty wallass

Cazzie
July 21st, 2011, 08:18
no pleasing you or ed is there?......Bestwick has a good sense of humor.talks clear and not marble mouthed,sure he scews up..but not nearly as much as ried ,,,and when bestwick does screw up he admits it..when ried does..he ignores it and trys to make you..the viewer feel stupid for not knowing what he meant to say....like crusty wallass

Dave, you couldn't please me with any talking head anchor in any sport, they are all egos on the loose. I would guillotine Chris Myers at FOX had I the option. Worstwick is a dweeb, I've met him, talked to him, he's so into himself, like all anchors, he's an egocentric, nothing you have ever done will ever top anything he has ever done. He can bite my crank.

wombat666
July 21st, 2011, 18:36
One thing the Formula 1 coverage has going for it is the current commentary team, Martin Brundle and David Coulthard.
Both 'retired' Formula 1 drivers, Brundle from 1980-1992(?) and DC from 1994-2006(?) or thereabouts.
Neither uses more words than necessary and both know more than enough from their driving experiences.
:applause::applause::applause:

stansdds
July 21st, 2011, 23:37
I think retired drivers and crew chiefs make the best race commentators. The professional talking heads seem to suffer from oral diarrhea.

Cazzie
July 22nd, 2011, 02:43
Wombat and standsdds, they all have former racer drivers in the booth for color, but for the sake of God, I wish they would remove their anchors from all sports coverage, auto racing, baseball, football, bike racing (fortunately with All-Access I do'lt have to see or hear anchors). You want top listen to a NASCAR race without an anchor, tune to radio. Anchors are all smart asses, who think they know something about a sport, even though all they have had was a brief to go by. They all suck.

Daveroo
July 22nd, 2011, 07:10
Dave, you couldn't please me with any talking head anchor in any sport, they are all egos on the loose. I would guillotine Chris Myers at FOX had I the option. Worstwick is a dweeb, I've met him, talked to him, he's so into himself, like all anchors, he's an egocentric, nothing you have ever done will ever top anything he has ever done. He can bite my crank.

eh i hate to admit when im wrong...damn it....but ive never met the man you have so i back down on this one.....i have a problem with most commentators though,most dont have the abbility to play the sport they love so they become a talking head,learn "all about it" even if its wrong,and talk your ear off,this comment comes from ralph shaheen on..espn? or speed?..not sure,,he was calling races in northern california when i raced,he couldnt drive a car at all...people said he was scared of cars ( race cars) and had no talent at racing..so he became an announcer...a so called expert...Gary Jerald with abc? is also from northern california..he called the races at west capitol speedway in west sacramento for many many years and his assistant was a man named dennis gage who is the currant promoter of the all american speedway in roseville california...Gage called the races at the ernie purcell speedway in grass valley cal when i drove and he mentored Sheheen,,,but Jeralds son is another washout driver turned announcer knowitall talking head...

Dennis Gage was once a very accomplished midget driver..was very good...he liked...it was his wife whos vette i almost bought...and i dont know if jerald ever drove......

i rambled again....