PDA

View Full Version : Why Didn't I....

strikehawk
July 18th, 2011, 15:18
Get FSX installed sooner? So I turned to the dark side and got X about 5 months ago, since the install required more gigs than I had at the time I got a 1TB external drive. Then I said to my self, self, we have too much invested in 9to just throw it to the side. A week later 9 c**p's out on me so I reinstall in the new HD and the install failed. Wait a couple of months, install works but the graphics are lousy. Put FS to the side and walk (run) away.

Last week I bit the bullet, installed FSX Gold and..... WOW!

I have scenery that looks way better than 9, same frame rates (>15) but everything is more alive! So some of the gauges that I used in almost every bird are no longer viable, I can live with that and some of my favorite birds won't work, I'll get new ones like I did when the girlfriend stopped being "friendly" and I will put ketchup on my crow and enjoy because not getting FSX years ago was a big mistake.

So I turned to the dark side, so what, I have a new desire to fly online and have fun and that is the important thing.

BTW, how can I download all my former Alpha Sim purchases in FSX format? I can't find any of the download pages on the Virtavia site and I want my Blackhawk, Seasprite and H-53's.

rvn817j
July 18th, 2011, 15:40
http://www.easyfly.co.nz/Freeware/

(I like the FSX T-28 very much, but folks have said there are some other goodies!)

strikehawk
July 18th, 2011, 15:55
Thank's for the link but I have that bookmarked since it came online, what i am looking for was a link that was on the Virtavia's site that once you logged in took you to your Alpha Sim account and your remaining downloads. If I have to buy them again I will, but I can't find those birds anywhere at the moment. Maybe they will become freeware soon, but I have need for the SH-2 for a mission idea set in SEA with HC-7.

Sundog
July 18th, 2011, 16:20
Try e-mailing them with your purchase info. I haven't had to redownload anything since they became Virtavia, but they were always good about getting me new D/L links.