YoYo
July 18th, 2011, 13:26
Now, on the desk is "old" P-40 with Accu Sim. Team of A2A works with this:
http://www.a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=25892

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/34075223/p40-maint-hangar-screenshot.jpg

CP1207
July 18th, 2011, 13:52
Oh this is very awesome news:jump:
Growing up in the early 60s there was nothing that could defeat a sharkmouth plastic model P-40 in literal hand to hand combat. Including the F-100 from the cereal company that shot spring fired missiles out of the jet intake. Although that was apparently a fairly wimpy opponent as the family dachshund ate most of a wing off in short order after it arrived...

One of a select group of fighters that I've always liked. Very much looking forward to this!

Phantom88
July 18th, 2011, 15:01
:jump::jump:YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!:jump::jump:

Barnes
July 18th, 2011, 15:07
Brilliant news :applause:

Ty89m
July 18th, 2011, 15:39
Meh, should be nice... I'm just excited since it means they'll FINALLY get going on the Mustang. Seems it has been stuck on the back burner for quite some time. Sure the P-40 is going to be wonderful. But I know what I'm most excited for :)

roger-wilco-66
July 18th, 2011, 22:30
Boy, this year it's raining goodies :-)

This will be a sure getter!

Cheers,
Mark

YoYo
July 19th, 2011, 04:13
For me personally Id like to see all new model (not relesed yet) + Accu from A2A. Something like fresh wind in my hangar from A2A. I know, only addon as Accu is more easy to do than all new model with Accu but I need fresh air from their site. :wavey:

lucas81
July 19th, 2011, 05:20
Maybe they will update the visuals (3d/2d) as well ? Just like they did with the B-17 after the relase of the A-S addon. Fingers crossed, looks like a great package is coming!

Lucas

rwmarth
July 19th, 2011, 08:25
Been looking forward to this one! Now, we if we could just see the 109 next!

Spikehughes
July 19th, 2011, 12:28
This will seem like heresy to some (all?) on this website, but A2A's Piper cub and latest incarnation of the Boeing 337 Accu-sim have convinced me this is direction they should be inclining toward. The immersive flying experience in FSX just enhances the flying tremendously, and I would rather they spent their energies on "Commercial" planes rather than "military" variants. I would love to see DC-6 as an Accu-sim aircraft similar to what they have just revised for the B337. I think the hobby needs a good cluster of real flying commercial aircraft - and I would certainly be buying them!! (With all due respect to the Military aircraft Accu-sim owners - how often do you take them out of the hanger?) I know if I have a commercial route I like to fly, an Accu-sim enhanced aircraft makes every journey on that route a different one!

Spike

pilottj
July 19th, 2011, 15:00
When I fly their warbirds, I treat them as if I were one lucky enough to own one in real life, and fly them like any other GA plane. I am sure A2A has a lot of projects under their sleeve that they haven't told us about including civilian birds.

Cheers
TJ

hews500d
July 20th, 2011, 08:15
I am sure A2A has a lot of projects under their sleeve that they haven't told us about including civilian birds.

Cheers
TJ

I hope/wish one of those is an Accusimed F-4U Corsair !

Darrell

JIMJAM
July 20th, 2011, 08:47
I already have every A2A plane and most are now collecting hanger dust. Ive got enough planes, yeah I said it, and now need something to do with em rather than pretend to be a rich guy who takes his toys out once in a while.
Time for A2A to do some scenery. I would like some period correct fields. Maybe a large area devoid of any modern structures,roads ect and take us back to when these planes ruled the sky.
Baby sitting engines is fun but now I am just changing the wings its attached to.
Just sayin.

Phantom88
July 20th, 2011, 08:51
I hope/wish one of those is an Accusimed F-4U Corsair !

Darrell

:jump:This would be a Dream come True!

Timbohobo
July 20th, 2011, 16:36
I would love to see more civilian A2A products, with quality ww2 period scenery lacking and no pop-guns the military planes get boring after a while, theres only so many times you can play 'airshow dude' or 'rich twaddle'

Kiwikat
July 20th, 2011, 16:47
I would love to see more civilian A2A products

+100

Something like a Beech 18, Staggerwing, or A33 Debonair, or Cessna 195, or maybe even a Stinson would be great. Can't forget the DC-3 too! :wavey:

pilottj
July 20th, 2011, 20:24
Yeah I am defiantely on the bandwagon for an Accusimmed Beech 18. A plane like that or a DC-3 has so many applications. And they could also please their military fanbase by turning it into a C-45/AT-11.

The Beech 18 tho I think would fill so many roles for so many people, thus making it a popular seller.
It was the Beech Baron of its day, the Learjet of its day, the Beech 1900 of its day, and fills the role of GA Twin, Corporate Aircraft, Small Airliner...and its been known to do some aerobatics too.
It has great bush capabilities, yet looks right at home at a busy international airport.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ir-3VxEjvo&NR=1&feature=fvwp

Throw in the liquor cabinet as seen in the one from 'Mad Mad Mad Mad World' :D for 'career mode' ferrying 40s dame actress/model/heiress Heidi or corporate boss Cody to their desired destinations.

Then having accusimmed the R-985, that opens up a whole load of other aircraft.

Cheers
TJ

crashaz
July 21st, 2011, 14:31
Better include the roadside advertisement in Accusim so we can fly right thru it. :icon_lol: