PDA

View Full Version : Javier Fernandez USS NIMITZ?

steveyb
July 18th, 2011, 11:50
Hi ..... I Have tirelessly searched for an answer to my problem with no result, an issue with not hearing the "start-em-up" sounds when on deck the nimitz....have placed this file along with the "mule" and sh-60_sound files in the general FSX Sound file...is this the only location they are meant to be in..or also are they meant to be in the simobjects/boats USS nimitz folder??
.......I have always been able to hear the catapults ok and the droan of the carrier...........are you supposed to hear the "start-em-up" sounds repeatably whilst on deck??...are they played at specific times??..................any help greatly appreciated................I"ve tried putting these files in all folders to no end http://mail.yimg.com/a/i/mesg/tsmileys2/17.gif...cannot see any instruction in the aircraft.cfg or the soundai file either that would give commands to run these 3 wave files??
hope you can advise.. thanks steve

Wingmate
July 18th, 2011, 18:48
The sounds go into the FSX sound folder and are controlled by effects. The start-em-up sound plays once every fifteen minutes I believe.