PDA

View Full Version : An FSX AlphaJet ! ! !

VaporZ
July 18th, 2011, 07:57
Follow this french topic :

http://www.pilote-virtuel.com/viewtopic.php?id=19707&p=23

An FSX AlphaJet trainer jet is coming soon !!!!

Yes !
:applause:
VaporZ

deathfromafar
July 18th, 2011, 11:20
Looks very nice and the VC development shots look equally impressive.

Is this going to be a freeware?

YoYo
July 18th, 2011, 11:24
Interesting model:

http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/3412/checklistpaf.jpg

http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/2305/2011628204646414.jpg

VaporZ
July 18th, 2011, 11:34
Looks very nice and the VC development shots look equally impressive.

Is this going to be a freeware?

What I have read on the 23 pages of this french topic indicate me it
will be a freeware.

It will also be equipped with the current Martin Baker Mk.10 ejection seat we find
on the actual fleet of Belgian and French AlphaJets including the "Patrouille de
France" demo team.

Pilots will also wear the current brand new SGF Gallet helmet used by the french Armée de l'Air pilots.
:mixedsmi:
VaporZ

hae5904
July 18th, 2011, 12:25
Merci VaporZ for the HU,

I read it will be ready in about 2 to 3 days. Anxious for this one, especialy if it's freeware.

:salute:
Hank

atf300
July 18th, 2011, 12:48
ahh the repaint possibilities, so many nice aircraft

fsafranek
July 18th, 2011, 16:37
I read it differently. There will be a freeware version and a payware version. The payware version will have very hi-res textures (either 2048x2048 or possibly 4096x4096) and the freeware release will have low-res textures in the neighborhood of 512x512. The size of the download is sound rediculous -- we're talking Gigabytes.

Sizes after installation of the Free models will be 102MB for a Patrouille de France demo team and 96.8 MB for regular military. For the payware version it will be 989MB for PAF and 804MB for regular military. Hope I'm reading that wrong.

Payware cost will be 34 euros.

Three external versions: wing tanks, center gun pod, and gun pod with wing tanks. Originally he said "naked" and I thought that to be a clean version but he later elaborated and said "naked" meant just wing tanks.

I hope I'm wrong about the sizes but that is how I read it.
:ernae:

falcon409
July 18th, 2011, 16:54
I have a regular remedy for downloads of that size, lol. I routinely go through newly installed payware aircraft and weed out all but a few liveries, especially military. Normally I don't fly any foreign markings, so that eliminates quite a bit right away. Then I look at weapons configurations. I can't use any of them, so for me they're just useless eye-candy so I dump most of those as well. Many times I can eliminate everything but two or three aircraft, one clean and a few simple loadouts.

In the case of the Alpha Jet, since I can only fly one of the Demo Team airplanes at a time and nobody I fly with will have it anyway, all of them but one will be eliminated. Of the remaining Military liveries I might keep one or two, but the rest. . . .gone.:salute:

Chris Sykes
July 19th, 2011, 00:51
Just taken from another post on that forum!

Hello,

The two models will be available from Alphajet Simware today or tomorrow Will Be The Two models available from today or tomorrow Alphajet Simware
http://www.simw.com/ (http://www.simw.com/)

Check from time to time when they are linked. Check from time to time When They are linked.

For info on the Alphajet For info on the Alphajet

The light of the train => activate the gauge (Shift +4) and click on "Landing" The light of the train => activate the gauge (Shift +4) and click on "Landing"

Otherwise the general use of two classical models, like the old model Fs2004. Otherwise the general use of Two classical models, like the old model Fs2004.

Gauges always, Always gauges,
Do not enable the 2D panel (Shift 1 and Shift 2, Shift 3 and 9) that serve a rien.Tout is the virtual cockpit. Do not enable the 2D panel (Shift 1 and Shift 2, Shift 3 and 9) used a rien.Tout That Is The virtual cockpit.

For other 2D panels Shift +4,5,6,7 and 8, they are functional 2D panel Shift For Other +4,5,6,7 and 8, They Are functional

....... .......
To optimize the quality of the textures (for the payware version) I recommended to change a setting in the FSX.CFG file: C: \ Users \ YOUR NAME PC \ Application Data \ Microsoft \ FSX To optimize the quality of the textures ( for the payware version) I recommended to change a setting in the FSX.CFG file: C: \ Users \ YOUR NAME PC \ Application Data \ Microsoft \ FSX

looking for this in the file looking for this in the file
[GRAPHICS] [GRAPHICS]
TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD = 1024 = 1024

And replace it with replace it with 2048 And 2048
------ ------

For some small faults, update will be provided For Some small faults, update Will Be Provided

Last thing: Last thing:
On the pages will be posted or the models you will find a faith model (free) and the members area Will Be On the pages or the models posted You Will find a faith model (free) and the members area

Here I have to leave two weeks. Here I Have Two Weeks to leave.

Good flight Alphajet. Good flight Alphajet.

A + A +
Lolo Lolo

Chris Sykes
July 20th, 2011, 02:35
Its now released at Simw.com! Two seperate packs though...

falcon409
July 20th, 2011, 04:44
I don't see anything in the text that indicates two separate packs and the download says 66meg? I'm waiting for folks to purchase this and do some serious reporting. From the small screens I would say the exterior has undergone a nice update. . . .lots of details in the gear assemblies it appears and the smooth lines around the intakes looks much better. The VC however, despite the copy saying it's highly detailed, doesn't look much different from the one I have ported from FS9. I'm sticking with the one I have for the time being.:salute:

Daube
July 20th, 2011, 04:51
From what I could read on the original topic on the French forum, the plane itself, with virtual cockpit and 512x512 textures, is a freeware.
Only the HD textures are payware.

But it seems that SimWare has forgotten to provide the link to download the freeware part of the plane... Also, now the author is in holidays, so we may have to wait two weeks for his return before the situation gets clarified...

Dag
July 20th, 2011, 04:53
I have a regular remedy for downloads of that size, lol. I routinely go through newly installed payware aircraft and weed out all but a few liveries, especially military. Normally I don't fly any foreign markings, so that eliminates quite a bit right away. Then I look at weapons configurations. I can't use any of them, so for me they're just useless eye-candy so I dump most of those as well. Many times I can eliminate everything but two or three aircraft, one clean and a few simple loadouts.

In the case of the Alpha Jet, since I can only fly one of the Demo Team airplanes at a time and nobody I fly with will have it anyway, all of them but one will be eliminated. Of the remaining Military liveries I might keep one or two, but the rest. . . .gone.:salute:

LOL... I'm the opposite, the more the merrier. That's why me and Vin did 40+ textures for the AS F-16. I sure am glad we're not all the same..

falcon409
July 20th, 2011, 05:21
LOL. . .I sure am glad we're not all the same. .
lol, ain't it the truth Dag. I'm sure I'm in the very small minority that dumps over half of these extensive livery and loadout offerings. It's not that I don't appreciate the work that goes into them, I've done enough on my own to know it's no easy task. I have always felt that releases like this one and most other military payware should contain the basic aircraft with all the bells and whistles, a few (2 or 3) liveries and the same with loadouts. Then produce additional liveries and loadouts in packages that can be downloaded periodically. It would decrease the amount of time for the base aircraft to be released and folks could pick and choose what other options they wanted as they were released.

Chris Sykes
July 20th, 2011, 06:38
Hi, one pack is the Display Team http://www.simw.com/flight-simulator-add-ons/alphajet-patrouille-de-france.html
The other is the E version http://www.simw.com/flight-simulator-add-ons/alpha-jet-e-militaire.html If you want both your gonna end up forking out £60 in the UK!

falcon409
July 20th, 2011, 06:45
. . . .If you want both your gonna end up forking out £60 in the UK!
Yea, I don't think so, lol. I don't really care about the Display Team and I don't need all the other liveries. I may wait until the freeware version is available and do a few hi-res liveries of my own. I'm also waiting to see some true detailed screens of the "highly detailed" VC. I don't see anything right now that's very impressive.

Maury2008
July 20th, 2011, 07:19
The link for the freeware version is on the simware site atthe botton of the page

Version gratuite Alpha Jet PAF téléchargeable ici (https://freedownload.s3.amazonaws.com/Ajet-PAF.exe).

Stefano Zibell
July 20th, 2011, 07:41
Yes indeed, and this (https://freedownload.s3.amazonaws.com/Ajet-Militaire.exe) is the military version I'm downloading right now.

Lenny
July 20th, 2011, 07:42
Hi,

On page 6 on the french forum (http://www.pilote-virtuel.com/viewtopic.php?id=19707&p=6), there are screenshots of an Belgian cockpit (front and rear VC) plus one external shot of an Belgian A-Jet model. Is this from another designer?

Grtz,

Lenny.

Stefano Zibell
July 20th, 2011, 08:00
The textures look horrible on the freeware.

falcon409
July 20th, 2011, 08:17
The textures look horrible on the freeware.
Yes, it was mentioned earlier that the freeware was a low-res version. The textures are 512x512. It also appears that the VC in this version is a bare bones version. It bears no resemblance, even in low-res to what is shown in the links that Lenny posted above. I do like the soundfile they're using. I may just move that to my current Alphajet fleet and move on. As yet, I remain unimpressed with the VC, but reserve the right to change my mind if someone in the future shows some hi-res screens of the full VC.:salute:

Isra
July 20th, 2011, 08:40
The Pics from Lenny's Link are kind of fake, if you look at the Gauges, you'll see that this is only a Bitmap....nothing alive ;)
BTW, the Freeware Version looks ugly, it's like a FS2002 Freeware Aircraft (VC) hehe!
I'm not sure if this was a good Idea to release a Freeware Version, could give a wrong Picture on the Payware Version.
I'm still looking for good VC Pics of the Payware version...

noddy
July 20th, 2011, 09:33

Well this is the paid for version, the skins look good but VC not so much. non-clickable all done via pop up. And so far no HUD.

flaviossa
July 20th, 2011, 09:40
Bought it ..... just for fun .... the military version. :monkies:
Pros:
- Model
- Sound package
- FDE very believable
- Photoreal repaints (external)
- Very good FPS

Cons:
- VC (Very disapointing) No buttons works!
- Everything has to be done in 2d panels
- Lights (Just bright spots)...
- Very cartonish lateral cockpit panels
- Panels with freeware quality (Some freeware have much more quality)
- Even with the military textures pack just french military.
- No manual or any documentation in the package
- No paint kit
- No HUD
- Sound folder is repeated in all three models. An alias in two of the models should do the trick.
- Uninstall.exe in the main folder of fsx. (In other words it probably messed up with uninstal of another addon)

Overal: Too $$$ for so little offered. The non-clickable VC is a stop show!! But it will stay in my hangar just for fun flights. I´m not a professional flyer but i´d stay away of it ...

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshots/images/4872011_7_20_14_23_1_341_tn.jpg (http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshots/view.php?filename=4872011_7_20_14_23_1_341.jpg) http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshots/images/3092011_7_20_14_23_22_944_tn.jpg (http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshots/view.php?filename=3092011_7_20_14_23_22_944.jpg)

atf300
July 20th, 2011, 09:53
a payware in 2011 with a non clickable VC , disappointed.

flaviossa
July 20th, 2011, 09:57
in fact, you just pay for the photoreal textures. The base pack of the payware is the same of the freeware package.

DaveWG
July 20th, 2011, 09:58
Does the payware version have spec & bump maps, because the freeware one doesn't...

Works out £5 more expensive (per pack!) than the Milviz T-38 :icon_eek:

flaviossa
July 20th, 2011, 10:02
No, there isn´t ....
I think this addon has many potential. Because it has a VC (Just have to redo the gauges and the logic) and some textures, an excelent model, plausive FDE and a very decent sound package.

Let´s see if the author bring some news ahead... now it´s too soon to say something.

sparouty
July 20th, 2011, 10:13
Cons:
- No HUD

Hi,
For what I know Alphajet doesn't have any HUD (French one for sure).
They have gunsight when using gunpod but no HUD... question of plane generation I guess...

Regards,
Sylvain

Isra
July 20th, 2011, 10:14
Hi!
Made a little edit of noddy's Pic :)
A bit shade on the Panel make things more realistic than the original one...

Befor edit:

After edit:

flaviossa
July 20th, 2011, 10:18
Hi,
For what I know Alphajet doesn't have any HUD (French one for sure).
They have gunsight when using gunpod but no HUD... question of plane generation I guess...

Regards,
Sylvain

Ahh yes ... i read that too in the french forum. What i tried to say is that nothing works in the hud/gunsight area ...

VaporZ
July 20th, 2011, 11:02
Bought it ..... just for fun .... the military version. :monkies:
Pros:
- Model
- Sound package
- FDE very believable
- Photoreal repaints (external)
- Very good FPS

Cons:
- VC (Very disapointing) No buttons works!
- Everything has to be done in 2d panels
- Lights (Just bright spots)...
- Very cartonish lateral cockpit panels
- Panels with freeware quality (Some freeware have much more quality)
- Even with the military textures pack just french military.
- No manual or any documentation in the package
- No paint kit
- No HUD
- Sound folder is repeated in all three models. An alias in two of the models should do the trick.
- Uninstall.exe in the main folder of fsx. (In other words it probably messed up with uninstal of another addon)

Overal: Too $$$ for so little offered. The non-clickable VC is a stop show!! But it will stay in my hangar just for fun flights. I´m not a professional flyer but i´d stay away of it ...

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshots/images/4872011_7_20_14_23_1_341_tn.jpg (http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshots/view.php?filename=4872011_7_20_14_23_1_341.jpg) http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshots/images/3092011_7_20_14_23_22_944_tn.jpg (http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshots/view.php?filename=3092011_7_20_14_23_22_944.jpg)

Thanks for the analysis.

I will add to it that current French and Belgian AlphaJet fleet located in France on various air bases like Tours, Dijon, Salon, Mont De Marsan and Cazaux, are all now using for a few years the Martin Baker Mk.10 Ejection Seat.

The one offered on this payware is the older Martin Baker Mk.4 that equipped
french AlphaJets at the begining of their operational career.

Belgian AlpahJets always have the Mk.10 as their standard ejection seat.

Conclusion :
Very big disappointment ! I love the AlphaJet but .... I am not buying this one.

Next payware bought will go to the MilViz T-38A
:kilroy:
VaporZ

deathfromafar
July 20th, 2011, 11:05
My take on this model. Overall it is nice and flies well but my personal opinion is that it should be strictly freeware "with" the high res textures. Looking at some of the current freewares, like the Etendard IV package & Dino's excellent T-45C and the incredible quality they offer as well as the current crop of paywares, simply said, this package isn't worth the money being asked. This is not intended as a bashing of this package but considering the cost=quality factors, it needed to be said.

YoYo
July 20th, 2011, 11:38
Ups. Thx for this short review. No documents, no clickable cocpit, no hud? Ups :icon_lol: Is it FS2000?
For two skins of this model with small changes 70 Euro ? Ohh no. It sounds like a freeware model (or donationware), not payware. Pity. Model on screenshots looks ok but too mutch for his "feautures".

cortomalteseit
July 20th, 2011, 11:59
tell me it's a joke!!! :banghead:

peter12213
July 20th, 2011, 14:22
70 euros for this, no way I'm so disapointed this if priced around 12 to 15 euros might be worth a buy, but for the quality described it's madness?

fox18delta
July 20th, 2011, 15:18
LOL... I'm the opposite, the more the merrier. That's why me and Vin did 40+ textures for the AS F-16. I sure am glad we're not all the same..

Hello Dag
Thanks to the SOH forums, from time to time I figure out who has contributed to my favorite products. Your post alerted me to your efforts on those AS F-16 textures. They are fantastic, as is the jet. I love em all. Just sayin' thanks to you and Vin.

paul

Dag
July 20th, 2011, 15:52
Hello Dag
Thanks to the SOH forums, from time to time I figure out who has contributed to my favorite products. Your post alerted me to your efforts on those AS F-16 textures. They are fantastic, as is the jet. I love em all. Just sayin' thanks to you and Vin.

paul

:salute:

Chris Sykes
July 21st, 2011, 03:40
Alot of posts on the french forum are about the price for just textures, yes the maker has made a lot of effort into them and the model, which from the reads of it doesnt have much of a clickable side... Now technically is there anything stopping Joe Bloggs creating their own HD texture set for the Freeware version and releasing them?

I hadnt made my mind up untill now, deffinatly not buying this one, especially as there is many better, cheaper alturnatives!

hae5904
July 21st, 2011, 04:14
Ok......I better stick to the Lotus L-39 as my trainer/private jet within FSX and save some for other projects (T-38 for instance..:icon_lol:).

Cheers,
Hank

falcon409
July 21st, 2011, 06:56
Alot of posts on the french forum are about the price for just textures, yes the maker has made a lot of effort into them and the model, which from the reads of it doesnt have much of a clickable side... Now technically is there anything stopping Joe Bloggs creating their own HD texture set for the Freeware version and releasing them?
This had the makings of a terrific new FSX native Alpha Jet and the most important area (the VC) looked promising from the photos posted on the forum. What emerged however is less than perfect with a so-so VC that doesn't look anything like the images posted and is basically unusable. The VC I redid for the FS9 version looks better than what this latest one does.

Since there is a freeware version, you could do Hi-res exteriors to your hearts content, but it would be up to the developer to give the ok for distribution. As for the VC, the texturing is so bad on the freeware version, it would take a considerable amount of time to get those up to a decent level. Not impossible, but there is some work involved there.:salute:

Chris Sykes
July 21st, 2011, 07:31
This had the makings of a terrific new FSX native Alpha Jet and the most important area (the VC) looked promising from the photos posted on the forum. What emerged however is less than perfect with a so-so VC that doesn't look anything like the images posted and is basically unusable. The VC I redid for the FS9 version looks better than what this latest one does.

Since there is a freeware version, you could do Hi-res exteriors to your hearts content, but it would be up to the developer to give the ok for distribution. As for the VC, the texturing is so bad on the freeware version, it would take a considerable amount of time to get those up to a decent level. Not impossible, but there is some work involved there.:salute:

Yep down to the point and fully correct! Theres better freeware than this, even with good textures! On the texture side, what does the licence agreement state? Also if Joe Bloggs (Not me!) created said HD textures then they would be able to stick them up on simw.com and make a few £/$ for themselves?

falcon409
July 21st, 2011, 07:54
. . . . . .On the texture side, what does the license agreement state? Also if Joe Bloggs (Not me!) created said HD textures then they would be able to stick them up on simw.com and make a few £/$ for themselves?
Hmm, then they'd be in trouble I think, because that would require your permission and a cut of the proceeds, lol. I'd have to look at the licensing agreement to be certain. In most cases, once you've purchased a payware product you can usually distribute additional liveries as they are available, same with freeware. It's just good form to notify the developer of your intentions and for them to make sure you aren't denigrating their product with some "off the wall" texture design, lol.

Unless this developer says specifically that no third party liveries are permitted, then I would think you could have free reign to do as you wish.

falcon409
July 21st, 2011, 08:05
The licensing agreement is a bit vague. It says that the freeware package can be freely distributed, but it also mentions that "Modifications" (and it doesn't elaborate) are prohibited. Does that mean modifications to the model itself or are they including "any" modification, to include additional liveries beyond what is in the basic package?:salute:

fsafranek
July 21st, 2011, 10:20
The licensing agreement is a bit vague. It says that the freeware package can be freely distributed, but it also mentions that "Modifications" (and it doesn't elaborate) are prohibited. Does that mean modifications to the model itself or are they including "any" modification, to include additional liveries beyond what is in the basic package?:salute:
Perfect lawyer speak. Less is more. As you say, "Modifications" is intentionally vague and could be applied to anything and everything. But it could also be a translation issue and you might be able to fall back on that as an excuse.

"Mods" might just mean no reverse engineering or altering -- don't run it through whatever program it is that makes flyable models into statics. Might also mean don't dissassemble the package and repackage the parts. Repaints, as long as the distribution file is limited to just those new textures and not the whole kitchen sink like some repainters tend to do, might be ok.

I guess the big question is, is there a paint kit included? If not then any repaints, unless you make your own kit from scratch and again limit the distribution to only the changed files, are going to be "modifications" of the original release -- and therefore by definition, prohibited.

I think I just argued myself into a corner. :icon_lol: Anybody out there want to test the waters?
:ernae:

flaviossa
July 21st, 2011, 10:39
There is no paint kit. BUT, in the repaint HD package there are the BONUS folders that contains all the HD textures 4096x4096 in jpg 32bit format witch i think are good enough to start the repaints.

falcon409
July 21st, 2011, 12:27
. . . . . .
I think I just argued myself into a corner. :icon_lol: . . . . .
lol, and nicely done I might add, lol.

hecrowell
November 12th, 2011, 21:01
Ok Flaviossa, but WHERE does one get this repaint HD package ?I am trying to repaint the Alphajet for my demonstration team that I am in the process of getting together

cajj1
November 13th, 2011, 00:04
It's at Simmarket http://secure.simmarket.com/laurent-deidda-alphajet-project.phtml

Was originally at simw.com in 2 packs Military & Patrouille de France for €30 each. Simmarket are selling both versions combined for €30. Based on what I've read in this thread it stills sounds a bit on the pricey side to me.

falcon409
November 13th, 2011, 04:09
Ok Flaviossa, but WHERE does one get this repaint HD package ?I am trying to repaint the Alphajet for my demonstration team that I am in the process of getting together
If you MUST have this particular Alphajet, then purchase it knowing what the reviews have been and that while I support the developers in their zeal to produce a newer, nicer Alphajet. The final product fell far short of expectations just as cajj1 mentioned. I would reiterate my previous observation that the freeware Alphajet that has been in circulation for several years now, is as good or better (especially the VC). So Buyer Beware!:salute: