PDA

View Full Version : Vertigo Studios Grumman TBM Avenger released

bruce448
July 16th, 2011, 10:44
It can be bought and downloaded from here http://www.pcsimstore.com/microsoft-flight-simulator-x/military-aircraft/tbm-avenger-download.html.

Bruce

YoYo
July 16th, 2011, 12:47
Hello Bruce, Thx for this info :) and why not in Store of Vertigo?
I see too promotions - 12%.

Barnes
July 16th, 2011, 12:51
Hi

Just started to fly it - I have a pilot but cant find how to get other crew to appear - looks like a ghost is turning the turret every time I bank.

Deano
July 16th, 2011, 12:53
We have setup a promotion if you buy any vertigo studios products you will get the P36 at a 50% discount.

Who Why What Where When : please read (http://www.vertigostudios.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?29-New-changes-in-2011-and-how-it-will-effect-you.&p=124&viewfull=1#post124)

Hello Bruce, Thx for this info :) and why not in Store of Vertigo?
I see too promotions - 12%.

Deano
July 16th, 2011, 12:54
We removed the pilots from the other stations to reduce frame rates.

We also assigned the ball turret to the ailerons.

Hi

Just started to fly it - I have a pilot but cant find how to get other crew to appear - looks like a ghost is turning the turret every time I bank.

Barnes
July 16th, 2011, 12:58
OK - is there a way of modding that so the turret keeps still?

Cirrus N210MS
July 16th, 2011, 13:00
deano i allready have the P36 could i get a discount on some other plane ??? like the sbd or Panther??

Deano
July 16th, 2011, 13:01
I'll look into it once we have the other products on sale.

deano i allready have the P36 could i get a discount on some other plane ??? like the sbd or Panther??

Deano
July 16th, 2011, 13:03
currently no.

OK - is there a way of modding that so the turret keeps still?

PRB
July 16th, 2011, 13:16
I'm gettin this plane. You people at VS make some fine aeroplanes for FSX. Been waiting for this one for a while. Grumman Iron Works!

Barnes
July 16th, 2011, 13:17
Hi

Sorry to ask but am i missing textures? I cant see any sign of glazing from within the VC - no refections or any sign of effect - is that correct?

Edit - also externally should their be refections on the small windows and the lower gunners position? They look empty?

Otherwise just flown a few circuits and love it.

roger-wilco-66
July 16th, 2011, 14:07
Wow, downloading it right now! Can't wait for that one!

Cheers,
Mark

jeansy
July 16th, 2011, 14:09
dean

are you planning to release it through any other online stores?

Deano
July 16th, 2011, 14:11
There are no plans to.

dean

are you planning to release it through other online stores?

jeansy
July 16th, 2011, 14:13
cheers

thanks for the release, downloading now :jump:

gdavej
July 16th, 2011, 14:23
I want to buy this, but if the additional 20 historically detailed paint schemes are only available in the retail box version, then I guess won't be buying it. Could somebody confirm if this is the case. I don't want to buy the retail box version... don't want to wait weeks for delivery and end up paying double the price after postage and Canada customs have taken their share. And I refuse to buy something which is not complete (ie missing 20 paint schemes).

Deano
July 16th, 2011, 14:46
And I refuse to buy something which is not complete (ie missing 20 paint schemes).

sorry you feel that way, however the digital product was never to have the 20 additional paints, this was always destined for retail only.

http://www.vertigostudios.co.uk/tbf

jeansy
July 16th, 2011, 14:58
Dean

just a few quick observations

it feels like something is missing with no ball turret gunner and looks a little odd with the turret animations linked to the ailerons

would it be possible in the near future to have a option to have one or not to have crew, like a payload options pop up window

and with the turret movement would it be possible to have it move autonomously instead of linked to aileron movement, ie like A2A b17 turrets, Alphasim b24 turrets

otherwise than those 2 small things for me its an overall good package

Deano
July 16th, 2011, 15:05
We wont be adding the additional bodies to the aircraft to keep the numbers low on the aircraft, however we could look at automating the turret.

Dean

just a few quick observations

it feels like something is missing with no ball turret gunner and looks a little odd with the turret animations linked to the ailerons

would it be possible in the near future to have a option to have one or not to have crew, like a payload options pop up window

and with the turret movement would it be possible to have it move autonomously instead of linked to aileron movement, ie like A2A b17 turrets, Alphasim b24 turrets

otherwise than those 2 small things for me its an overall good package

jeansy
July 16th, 2011, 15:07
We wont be adding the additional bodies to the aircraft to keep the numbers low on the aircraft, however we could look at automating the turret.

cheers

1 possible out of 2 aint bad :wavey:

Cirrus N210MS
July 16th, 2011, 15:09
the download rate from the store is worst i have seen in a long time it keeps timing out

Deano
July 16th, 2011, 15:12
Just ran a download test and the file downladed in 15 mins from the uk on a 2mb line, the host is in the US which is closer to you than me ;)

the download rate from the store is worst i have seen in a long time it keeps timing out

hammer353
July 16th, 2011, 15:17
Deano when will the retail box be released?

Deano
July 16th, 2011, 15:20
Hi Hammer, roughly I'd say 14 days to be on the safe side.

I'll be adding the pre-order once the manufacturers have the masters so we can be assured it will then taken 12 to 14 days for them to come back to us.

Cirrus N210MS
July 16th, 2011, 15:22
the download for the TBM must be really Packed up Alot of people downloading it all at the same time :jump: its stuck at 00:09 209.47 mb of 210.10 :kilroy: OOOO

hammer353
July 16th, 2011, 15:22
Ok, That gives me plenty of time then to get my PC working again. Have you determined what the price will be for the retail box version?

Thanks Deano

Michael

Deano
July 16th, 2011, 15:33
Hi Hammer, the retail price will be the same as the digital £21.99 which roughly equates to $35

Ok, That gives me plenty of time then to get my PC working again. Have you determined what the price will be for the retail box version?

Thanks Deano

Michael

Cirrus N210MS
July 16th, 2011, 15:34
its installed ! that Turret needs to be fixed! would Look Much Better if it didnt Move!

Deano
July 16th, 2011, 15:35
lol, if it didn't move then people would want it to move. Its not broken its animated that way ;)

its installed ! that Turret needs to be fixed! would Look Much Better if it didnt Move!

PRB
July 16th, 2011, 15:40
lol, if it didn't move then people would want it to move. Its not broken its animated that way ;)

Hehe. Yep. Besides, you're supposed to be looking out the front window when you land! If AO3 Gunner's Mate Joe is testing the operation of the traversing machanism of the turret, good on him! You never know when some Zeke will show up to ruin your day...

Cirrus N210MS
July 16th, 2011, 15:41
whats with the Grinding sound when ever i turn It Bad very bad sounding !

Deano
July 16th, 2011, 15:42
hit the 'Q' key ;)

It could be the battery.

whats with the Grinding sound when ever i turn It Bad very bad sounding !

jojohnson9
July 16th, 2011, 18:22
Original post removed at the request of the author

Cirrus N210MS
July 16th, 2011, 18:50
Original post removed at the request of the author

Better wait it needs alot of work

Barnes
July 16th, 2011, 20:30
Sadly I agree guys - I have just flown a night flight and see that the cockpit lighting floods the wings and comes out of the engine cowling.

skyhawka4m
July 16th, 2011, 23:06
wow....can't believe what I'm reading here............this seems to be more of an obsession for some. Why is it that we have to beat up a developer like this? maybe its me but frankly...it seems to me alot of the bashing/negative comments are coming from those of us who probably have no experience in the actual modeling of these planes. For me I've learned one thing...since I couldn't bend digital poly........if I want a plane, I buy it and I take that risk that there may be something wrong with it when I do so. I don't see anyone twisting anyone's arms to buy this aircraft. Do I expect/hope for a great plane...I sure do...but frankly...I've learned to live with some issues.

Personally I'm not a huge TBM fan....so I will most likely pass, but I am surely looking forward to flying the RV.

YoYo
July 16th, 2011, 23:20
Personally I really, really like the products of Vertigo because they do models, which other developers simply forgot but support is for improve (too long waiting for a patch).
TBF isnt my favorite aircraft but its again Vertigo - so must to have :).

Any did tests of Avenger on the carrier deck? Everything is ok with landing and start the aircraft from deck?

Barnes
July 16th, 2011, 23:31
wow....can't believe what I'm reading here............this seems to be more of an obsession for some. Why is it that we have to beat up a developer like this? maybe its me but frankly...it seems to me alot of the bashing/negative comments are coming from those of us who probably have no experience in the actual modeling of these planes. For me I've learned one thing...since I couldn't bend digital poly........if I want a plane, I buy it and I take that risk that there may be something wrong with it when I do so. I don't see anyone twisting anyone's arms to buy this aircraft. Do I expect/hope for a great plane...I sure do...but frankly...I've learned to live with some issues.

Personally I'm not a huge TBM fan....so I will most likely pass, but I am surely looking forward to flying the RV.

I only wish I could be typing exicitely at my keyboard saying that this is the best payware i have ever bought. My arm would have had to be twisted to have bought it had I known what I know now!

calypsos
July 16th, 2011, 23:34
If the 20 re-paints are only available on the CD version, is there a paint kit so some painters can re-paint the DL version?

Mithrin
July 17th, 2011, 01:35

skyhawka4m. It's not bashing. It can all be explained in a few lines.

Vertigo Studios has released some graphically appealing models that are fairly complete. They've consistantly kept doing this and because of that we expect a certain quality from them. With this plane they fall below that self set standard. Simple as that.

I still like to fly it simply because I am a sucker for old naval planes but if this had been say yet another F-16 I would have steered away from it.

And no, it's not all bad. Whenever someone notices one bad thing and comments on it people always get the impression that they think it is all crap. It's not. It's pretty good but it could have been better...and I hope it will still be improved to that Vertigo standard that we're used to.

Roger
July 17th, 2011, 04:31
How long does it normally take for the download link to appear? At present it says either the link has expired or isn't authorised yet.

jeansy
July 17th, 2011, 04:34
How long does it normally take for the download link to appear? At present it says either the link has expired or isn't authorised yet.

it took a few minutes

keep checking your emails

Roger
July 17th, 2011, 04:36
Been over an hour now.

jeansy
July 17th, 2011, 04:43
Been over an hour now.

hmmmm

Roger
July 17th, 2011, 05:01
Got the link...just need the reg code and I'm flying:engel016:

jeansy
July 17th, 2011, 05:17
Got the link...just need the reg code and I'm flying:engel016:

have you found it?

its in your order status in your account

stiz
July 17th, 2011, 05:19
can those who brought it post some screen shots?? Inside and out, good and bad. Please? :engel016:

Roger
July 17th, 2011, 05:29
have you found it?

its in your order status in your account

Senior moment, lol! Yes I've got it now:ernae:

HvyEng
July 17th, 2011, 05:32
How do you add the P-36?

--Dan

bruce448
July 17th, 2011, 05:39
How do you add the P-36?

--Dan

Dan, here's how

https://www.pcsimstore.com/index.php?dispatch=promotions.list

Bruce

YoYo
July 17th, 2011, 05:39
can those who brought it post some screen shots?? Inside and out, good and bad. Please? :engel016:

And what with FPS ?

HvyEng
July 17th, 2011, 05:48
Bruce, the P-36 says "page not found", so how do we add it?

--Dan

bruce448
July 17th, 2011, 06:02
Bruce, the P-36 says "page not found", so how do we add it?

--Dan

Dan, err don't know, will have to treat Dean like a computer and punch some info into him.

Bruce

stiz
July 17th, 2011, 06:03
And what with FPS ?

can if you like, allthough its pretty pointless considering 2 pcs are never the same. I just wanna see some more shots before i jump in, the ones on the vertigos page are a bit lacking really to be honest :engel016:

Roger
July 17th, 2011, 06:16
Here's a few I've just taken...

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/vav-1.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/vav-2.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/vav-3.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/vav-4.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/vav-5.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/vav-6.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/vav-7.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/vav-8.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/vav-9.jpg

Roger
July 17th, 2011, 06:21
Uncompressed images here... http://mainescenery.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=new&action=display&thread=11601

jeansy
July 17th, 2011, 06:38
can some one do me a huge fav please, does the release come with a paint kit as im stuck at work for another 10hrs and i cant remember if i saw one when i installed it

thanks in advance

Warrant
July 17th, 2011, 06:47
Great release Vertigo! Need to read/find out a lot regarding this bird, but that is the fun in having a new bird in the first place. The only thing so far is the rather strange "humming" sound that seems to be in a loop when engine is started and in DVC. If that remains an issue i'll be posting that at the place were it should be placed: tech support. Great job so far. I'm in love with this IMHO best prop-bird ever made by Grumman.:applause:

Mithrin
July 17th, 2011, 07:22
That's the gyro sound. I've got a replacement for it, less loud and without the odd pitch. If VS is ok with it then I'll send it to you.

Cirrus N210MS
July 17th, 2011, 07:50
ingame Video!

cEMtLdBHJuY

Warrant
July 17th, 2011, 07:50
That's the gyro sound. I've got a replacement for it, less loud and without the odd pitch. If VS is ok with it then I'll send it to you.

I would very much appreciate that.

Mithrin
July 17th, 2011, 08:34
It's linked to the battery switch indeed. For startup purposes I guess it'd make more sense to incorporate it into the actual startup sound itself. Delay the actual combustion of the engine and have this sound play first? Just a thought.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3RfjmJNNpg&playnext=1&list=PLCE1498B6C89263CF

Phantom88
July 17th, 2011, 09:32
I Love te folding wing animation! Very Cool,Unfortunately for me I blew all my FS $$ on FTX/Orbx stuff this month,I'll have to wait a few paydays to get this bird.

Nice work Deano and everyone at Vertigo!!:applause:

dvj
July 17th, 2011, 10:15

Funny how A2A can have multiple bodies in its B17, and two automated turrets with little hit to FPS. Honestly, the screens don't look that impressive. I'll pass on this Navy classic for now and see what others have to say.

YoYo
July 17th, 2011, 10:51
Funny how A2A can have multiple bodies in its B17, and two automated turrets with little hit to FPS. Honestly, the screens don't look that impressive. I'll pass on this Navy classic for now and see what others have to say.
Two? B-17G has each stations for gunners with crew = 7 in this model.

jojohnson9
July 17th, 2011, 11:07
I usually wait to buy until after I have read some reviews of the plane. I own and like the P-36, SBD, F8F, and the F9F. So I bought the TBM without waiting for reviews. I shoulda waited. This plane is not up to Vertigo's usual standards. The VC panel is just okay...not great. The exterior aircraft is quite dull, not at all exiting. And the pilot looks like something from FS2002. I know that I am not being very specific in my complaints, it is that I am just very disappointed. It is not what I expected after all the previous great warbirds Vertigo has given us.
Maybe it is that I just got Dino's latest incredible freeware T-45C and am expecting too much when I pay for a plane.

I wrote this quoted review last night after a long hot day working outside and cooling off with more than a few beers. Not a good combination for installing and operating a complicated new airplane. After flying and trapping for a few hours today, I wondered what the hell I was thinking last night. While I could have a few nits to pick (not here, not now), the overall plane is outstanding. I absolutely do not know why I badmouthed the VC...it's great. The paints are fine. Flies great, traps true.
I would love it if my bulls**t review could be deleted...can it??
I apologize to you, Deano, and to all the hard workers at Vertigo. Please, please keep up the good work.

newcomer
July 17th, 2011, 11:36
I wrote this quoted review last night after a long hot day working outside and cooling off with more than a few beers. Not a good combination for installing and operating a complicated new airplane. After flying and trapping for a few hours today, I wondered what the hell I was thinking last night. While I could have a few nits to pick (not here, not now), the overall plane is outstanding. I absolutely do not know why I badmouthed the VC...it's great. The paints are fine. Flies great, traps true.
I would love it if my bulls**t review could be deleted...can it??
I apologize to you, Deano, and to all the hard workers at Vertigo. Please, please keep up the good work.

This plane is perhaps not a "love at first sight" affair, but it has continuously grown on me since the purchase.
My original disappointment abot the "1/3 crew-thingy" has completely evaporated - this Avenger is another classic ...:wavey:

N2056
July 17th, 2011, 11:48
While I did grant your request I must admit that seeing it quoted here has me a bit confused, although it does make sense in a way. Sometimes we get a little fast on the opinion trigger. I know I've done it in the past. Thanks for being willing to stand up and say what you did. :applause:

Roger
July 17th, 2011, 11:59
Well opinions seem up and down and some opinions have changed. Once I got the aircraft downloaded and installed (with a little help from jeansy, lol) I've been a fan. The pilot's face is a little too light + pink for my taste and I'd like to see the turret freed from the ailerons, but other than these two minor issues the aircraft is great and I'm having a lot of fun flying her.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/vav-10.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/vav-11.jpg

lazarus
July 17th, 2011, 12:05
Where can the boxed version be had at? I do not do online purchasing- security risks- and software vendors up here will have a store full of 'call of duty part MCMXXLVI, Saturday Night in Watts', but rarely any flightsim software.

Warrant
July 17th, 2011, 12:25
It's linked to the battery switch indeed. For startup purposes I guess it'd make more sense to incorporate it into the actual startup sound itself. Delay the actual combustion of the engine and have this sound play first? Just a thought.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3RfjmJNNpg&playnext=1&list=PLCE1498B6C89263CF

Excellent footage! Thanks for sharing

roger-wilco-66
July 17th, 2011, 22:39
I got it and already love it.
Ditto on the pilot, the missing crew members (at least the r/o gunner should have been there), and the aileron coupled turret. Maybe omitting this would save a few frames and the gunner could be planted in there instead. Make his appearance an option in the menu.
What I liked with the MAAM Avenger was the animated pilot figure, with his flapping flight suit in the airstream when the hood was open. I really like it when a dev comes up with details like this.

Cheers,
Mark

PS:
Did anyone get the autopilot to work? Maybe I have a misunderstanding of its function, but setting the heading and flicking the main switch doesn't produce a result.

Warrant
July 18th, 2011, 07:07
PS:
Did anyone get the autopilot to work? Maybe I have a misunderstanding of its function, but setting the heading and flicking the main switch doesn't produce a result.

Atopilot works just fine for me, but i use an external autopilot interface. I will test it in combination with the autopilot pop-up window and get back to you.

roger-wilco-66
July 18th, 2011, 21:35
Regarding the annoying gyro sound: there's a wav file with "gyro" in its name in the TBM sound folder - just rename the wav extention with "disabled" or something else and it's sound is gone.
BTW this seems to be the only sound file in there which is not provided by Sonic Solutions...

Cheers,
Mark

kcgb
July 19th, 2011, 16:25
Thanks VS

http://i960.photobucket.com/albums/ae82/kcgb/3-30.jpg

http://i960.photobucket.com/albums/ae82/kcgb/4-28.gif
http://i960.photobucket.com/albums/ae82/kcgb/5-22.gif

http://i960.photobucket.com/albums/ae82/kcgb/6-15.jpg

http://i960.photobucket.com/albums/ae82/kcgb/7-15.jpg

http://i960.photobucket.com/albums/ae82/kcgb/11-6.jpg
http://i960.photobucket.com/albums/ae82/kcgb/12-2.jpg

YoYo
July 19th, 2011, 21:58
No "glass effect" inside of virtual cabin (reflections, dirty glass ect.?). I dont see on this pictures from inside. It isnt in Vertigo style or Im wrong?

Barnes
July 20th, 2011, 01:51
Your right. I dont consider this as their best even compared to their first excellent products.

jeansy
July 20th, 2011, 03:10
meh, its a fair better release than some recent ones from other devs

roll on the paint kit i say

Barnes
July 20th, 2011, 04:30
Yep - fair comment. Man i have wasted some money just lately. I must learn to wait and not be one of the first to purchase - then read what others have to say before taking the plunge.

OMG - just realised i have more money than sense nowadays :redf:

Mithrin
July 20th, 2011, 06:01
I agree, compared to a lot of the crap out there this plane is quite good.

http://mithrin.net/smf/gallery/0/medium_1-200711075843-122572.jpeg (http://mithrin.net/smf/gallery/0/1-200711075843-122572.jpeg)

http://mithrin.net/smf/gallery/0/medium_1-200711075842-1212226.jpeg (http://mithrin.net/smf/gallery/0/1-200711075842-1212226.jpeg)

http://mithrin.net/smf/gallery/0/medium_1-200711075819-120268.jpeg (http://mithrin.net/smf/gallery/0/1-200711075819-120268.jpeg)

http://mithrin.net/smf/gallery/0/medium_1-200711075819-1191901.jpeg (http://mithrin.net/smf/gallery/0/1-200711075819-1191901.jpeg)

http://mithrin.net/smf/gallery/0/medium_1-200711075818-1181177.jpeg (http://mithrin.net/smf/gallery/0/1-200711075818-1181177.jpeg)

http://mithrin.net/smf/gallery/0/medium_1-200711075817-1171011.jpeg (http://mithrin.net/smf/gallery/0/1-200711075817-1171011.jpeg)

http://mithrin.net/smf/gallery/0/medium_1-200711075817-116848.jpeg (http://mithrin.net/smf/gallery/0/1-200711075817-116848.jpeg)

Phantom88
July 20th, 2011, 07:17
Great shots!!:applause:

YoYo
July 21st, 2011, 02:54
Hi, I have a question for owners of VS's TBF. No news here about flight dynamics. Is it ok? What with start / landing on the carrier deck with hook? Is it ok too? Remember than Panther has a problem with landing on the deck.

kcgb
July 21st, 2011, 04:00
The carrier landings are fine, no problem at all. It dosn't even nose over when you catch the like some other models.

Deano
July 22nd, 2011, 08:24
A patch will be released over the weekend to address the sound in the cockpit and also the cockpit lighting.

Barnes
July 22nd, 2011, 10:06
Thanks Deano :salute:

YoYo
July 22nd, 2011, 22:46
A patch will be released over the weekend to address the sound in the cockpit and also the cockpit lighting.
Thx Deano.

Very important thing:
Is it possible to add glass effect in VC cocpit like the others models of Vertigo of developers? As You see no "glass" view from inside. It looks little strange in FSX time (no glass it was in FS2000). This small thing allows to feel in the cabin with more real effect.

Is it possible to add this small feature in nearest patch ?
Example bad view from VC of Avenger. No difference beetwen cabin is close or open :( .
Where are reflections, dirty glasses ect.?

http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/3663/enb201172221474.jpg

http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/2941/enb2011722214715.jpg

Barnes
July 22nd, 2011, 22:53
it would be apprechiated if that was added and remove the turret animation please. Also there appears to be no glass in some of the lower rear windows and the lower gunners position.

mfitch
July 22nd, 2011, 23:04
Finally I have had some time to try this out. I was very impressed with the carrier trap/launch. The trapping was easy (I think there was a bit of luck involved, because my approach was not good). I was very impressed with the cat launch. It was easy to line up and it shot off without half the parts breaking (typically caused by weaknesses of FSX).

This plane is also making me think. Take-off with a full load of fuel and ordinance is quite slow and requires careful handling as I would expect from a heavy plane. I have just begun to learn to land it smoothly (last one was nice).

jeansy
July 22nd, 2011, 23:40
ive edited the lifejacket so it doesnt appear so bright and day glow

if anyone wants it i can email it to them

http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/7182/image1ly.png

YoYo
July 22nd, 2011, 23:50
Take-off with a full load of fuel and ordinance is quite slow and requires careful handling as I would expect from a heavy plane

In this case You can use Supercharger but I checked Today, not sure now (too short test) but for me it isnt work - no additional power.
Here start of Avenger from deck (as You see is very short) . 0:26. Must check start with small load and distance for take off.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NC_1mCYrzt0
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NC_1mCYrzt0)
Also there appears to be no glass in some of the lower rear windows and the lower gunners position.
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NC_1mCYrzt0)Yes, You have right. I noticed too same (outside of model).
http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/538/noglassb.jpg

YoYo
July 23rd, 2011, 12:19
Hi,
Did small mod with new view for TBF of Vertigo Studios for owners of this model.

Virtual cocpit:
- new start/landing view (the pilot is higher on the chair like in carrier operations)
- new radiooperator view (navigator)
- new gunner view (down view)

Outside:
- new Attack View for bomb/torpedo (use it in the air)

Large: http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/4035/microsoftflightsimulato.jpg
http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/4035/microsoftflightsimulato.jpg

Installation: did backup Your aircraft.cfg and put in folder VS Avenger this file and overwrite it http://yoyosims.pl/TBF_View_Mod.zip
Enjoy! :)

Warrant
July 23rd, 2011, 15:41
Great job there, YoYo!
Many thanks :wavey:

jeansy
July 23rd, 2011, 21:03
ive edited the lifejacket so it doesnt appear so bright and day glow

if anyone wants it i can email it to them

http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/7182/image1ly.png

for download if anyone wants

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?action=jump&catid=3&id=4352

Barnes
July 23rd, 2011, 22:52
Thanks Jeansy - its a great improvement:salute:

I would have been happier if they had used the Daunt's pilot model..

http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq119/GAJIT/dauntpilot.jpg

Mithrin
July 24th, 2011, 05:48
Juist a quick edit.

http://mithrin.net/smf/gallery/0/1-240711074543.jpeg (http://mithrin.net/smf/gallery/0/1-240711074543.jpeg)

Barnes
July 24th, 2011, 05:52
Very good Mithrin :applause:

jeansy
July 24th, 2011, 20:04
Very good Mithrin :applause:

my thoughts as well

any news on the paintkit dean or bruce?

PRB
July 25th, 2011, 05:16
I really like this plane. Only have one small issue. Ok, two. But first, a query: what altitude am I at in this screen shot … ? :mixedsmi:

warchild
July 25th, 2011, 08:04
uuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhh.. 240 feet??? yeah, that definitely looks weird having the little hand mark off the 10's of feet instead of the long hand..

Barnes
July 25th, 2011, 08:10
Well - the big hand is on the....

YoYo
July 25th, 2011, 08:19
LOL, I dont know Your altitude .... :icon_lol:
something bad too with vertical speed indicator. For "0" arrow shows not 270 degrees but some like 275-280.

http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/880/nowy1a.jpg

roger-wilco-66
July 25th, 2011, 13:00
I made a repaint for the chart drawer, so it displays a nice old flight map of the area to the southern tip of Bougainville.

Unfortunatly I goofed up the upload - I put it in the FS2004 area. If a mod reads this, maybe you can move the file in the appropriate library? I uploaded it here:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?action=jump&catid=111&id=4382

Err, I want to add, there's a small drawback with this. The map leaks through the instruments at a few tiny edges - no big deal in my view, but be sure to backup the old consoles.dds so you can roll back if you don't like it.

Cheers,
Mark

kcgb
July 25th, 2011, 17:59
I really like this plane. Only have one small issue. Ok, two. But first, a query: what altitude am I at in this screen shot … ? :mixedsmi:

I told them about that so hopefully its in the patch.

LOL, I dont know Your altitude .... :icon_lol:
something bad too with vertical speed indicator. For "0" arrow shows not 270 degrees but some like 275-280.

http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/880/nowy1a.jpg

Just use that dial under the gauge to change it

PRB
July 25th, 2011, 20:51
uuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhh.. 240 feet??? yeah, that definitely looks weird having the little hand mark off the 10's of feet instead of the long hand..

The big hand is marking off 100s, and the little hand 1000s (when pointing at the numbers), like they're supposed to. The problem is that the little hand is behaving 'improperly". In the screen shot above I am at 3000 feet. So, the little hand should be pointing at the "3", but it isn't. The odd thing is that when at 0, 5000, 10,000, 15,000 etc., meaning when the little hand should be pointing straight up or straight down, it does so. It's just that between those values it doesn't point right. I "splained" all this to the fine folks at customer support, but so far they have only suggested I use the altimeter calibration knob. I wore out my "D" key but that didn't fix it! Unless there is another calibration knod someplace..?

roger-wilco-66
July 26th, 2011, 05:01
[...]
Unfortunatly I goofed up the upload - I put it in the FS2004 area. If a mod reads this, maybe you can move the file in the appropriate library? I uploaded it here:

[...]

Never mind, I managed to move it into the proper section

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?action=jump&catid=117&id=4382

Cheers,
Mark

Sieggie
July 28th, 2011, 16:10

Did the patch ever get released?

Dave

YoYo
July 29th, 2011, 23:13
Did the patch ever get released?

Dave

Shortly after the patch for Bearcat ; ).

Yes but I agree with this question too, now is +1 week after this promise.
(or give to us new date of this small update).

bruce448
July 30th, 2011, 00:12

AFAIK It's still with the coder. (and no it's not the same one as the Bearcat or Panther).

Bruce

YoYo
July 30th, 2011, 00:15
and no it's not the same one as the Bearcat or Panther
Bruce

Bruce, so this is good news :applause: .

Deano
July 30th, 2011, 08:23
Its probably in your best interest to ask support directly from our website instead of 3rd party forums.

Barnes
July 30th, 2011, 14:48
So we can take that as a no - there is no patch yet.

No worries. I have already deleted the product of my HD and will never rush to buy a Vertigo product when first released.

UnknownGuest12
July 30th, 2011, 15:00
Was considering buying this bird right now, but (and a great but) after reading this posts and comments, will wait for all the corrections (sound, glasses, etc).
Looks like an unfinished product.
Regards

jeansy
July 31st, 2011, 02:25
patch details from their forums

Official TBM Avenger Patch 1.1
TBM Avenger 1.1 Patch

The patch is set for release on 31st July 2011

Corrections

1, Corrected the attitude indicator Snags when rolling, it snags when going through level flight.
2, Removed the Ball turret animation.
3, Corrected the Altitude Gauge.
4, Corrected the Slip Gauge.
5, Increased the cockpit glass slightly.
6, Corrected the altitude Gauge (3000' and so on)
7, Corrected the Glass on the fuselage windows.
8, Made the Battery Generator sound less intrusive.
9, Added more bump and spec to the Fuselage and Wings.
10, BONUS Added a new additional FDE, now theres '2' FDE files, Advanced Flight Dynamics and Easy Flight Dynamics.
11, Corrected the VC light.
12, BONUS added a new paint-scheme.

Mithrin
July 31st, 2011, 03:31
Right, I wouldn't give out any details anymore with comments like that lol. Time for WWIII so that we appreciate the values of life a bit more. We (including me) have grown spoiled beyond belief. :icon_lol:

:guinness: on an extra paintscheme. I guess they'll wait with the paintkit until they are sure that the modeller won't alter any of the textures anymore. Wild guess.

jeansy
July 31st, 2011, 04:08
:guinness: on an extra paintscheme. I guess they'll wait with the paintkit until they are sure that the modeller won't alter any of the textures anymore. Wild guess.

i rather the paintkit than a bonus paint

tommieboy
July 31st, 2011, 09:25
10, BONUS Added a new additional FDE, now theres '2' FDE files, Advanced Flight Dynamics and Easy Flight Dynamics.

Easy Flight Dynamics......Something a bonehead like me can really appreciate.....:salute:

Tommy

Roger
July 31st, 2011, 13:42
Well my downloads at Vertigo show:
Vertigo Studios TBM Avenger v1.1 The download link is expired or is not ready.

Confusing?

Mithrin
July 31st, 2011, 13:47
Yup same here. Needs to be reactivated I guess. No worries though, wasn't going to fly anymore today anyway. Time for some supernatural.

Barnes
July 31st, 2011, 13:47
Yes - i got the same even after getting an email from Vertigo saying it was available - :mixedsmi:

YoYo
July 31st, 2011, 22:16
Yes - i got the same even after getting an email from Vertigo saying it was available - :mixedsmi:
Now is OK. I see the new file 1.1.

New skin:
http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/390/nowy3k.jpg

Now we see double skins for too same repaint. I checked Aircraft and I noticed two kinds of model - EASY and HARD (Flight dynamics) but how I know witch version I take ? (Maybe it was good idea to add on the thumbnail small text "Realistic" or sentence in the name of Skin?)

http://img810.imageshack.us/img810/3249/nowy32o.jpg

Less yellow in Cocpit :)

http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/5939/nowy36.jpg

New version of View mod for 1.1: http://yoyosims.pl/TBF_View_Mod1.1.zip

(http://yoyosims.pl/TBF_View_Mod1.1.zip)I noticed too new DM of engine.

THX for this patch : ).

Phantom88
August 1st, 2011, 08:59
Love that paint!! Nice job Vertigo!:applause:

Roger
August 1st, 2011, 10:19
:applause:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/vav1-1.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/vav1-2.jpg

Sieggie
August 1st, 2011, 10:39
I checked Aircraft and I noticed two kinds of model - EASY and HARD (Flight dynamics) but how I know witch version I take ? (Maybe it was good idea to add on the thumbnail small text "Realistic" or sentence in the name of Skin?)

If you look at the text you will see EFM or RFM for Easy or Realistic Flight Model. This is the same thing they did on the SBD.

Dave

YoYo
August 1st, 2011, 11:31
If you look at the text you will see EFM or RFM for Easy or Realistic Flight Model. This is the same thing they did on the SBD.

Dave

Aaaaa... OK. Thx for explenations. :salute:

kiltinsa
August 1st, 2011, 17:23
Just bought this and I noticed the EFM and RFM flight modes as well, but the manual doesn't mention the differences between the two like the SBD Dauntless manual did.

Any comments what they are?

C.

YoYo
August 2nd, 2011, 13:35
Just bought this and I noticed the EFM and RFM flight modes as well, but the manual doesn't mention the differences between the two like the SBD Dauntless manual did.

Any comments what they are?

C.
Yes, its good idea to add new version of manual. I see infos for model of 1.0 in this pdf for Avenger but Im surprised that VS gives us very quickly this patch with our comments :salute: . Regards! :)

YoYo
August 5th, 2011, 13:44
Ok, first time since the last week I have more time and can check the new version of 1.1 Avenger.
I take this model with new realistic management and fligh dynamics. I used manual 1.0 but samething strange for me or perhaps I do something wrong in procedures with new model.

First - cant start the engine. Did normal check list, engine looks like wants to start but without effect. Only when finally I take Ctrl+e is ok :).

Second - check temperatures, rpm ect. but after 4 minutes from start engine dies. Big boom, nice smoke and go to ground to better see some flours.

Any ideas my Friends? :)

http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/7213/tbf8.jpg

10lrrp
August 5th, 2011, 14:06
I get the same in 1.2 plane is allmost powerless at less than firewalled throttle.

roger-wilco-66
August 5th, 2011, 22:18
I get the same in 1.2 plane is allmost powerless at less than firewalled throttle.

Version 1.2??? Did I miss something? I downloaded 1.1 and the plane worked fine without the above mentioned problems.
But I'll check again.

Wich FDE version did you guys use? Easy or realistic?

Cheers,
Mark

YoYo
August 5th, 2011, 22:27
Version 1.2??? Did I miss something? I downloaded 1.1 and the plane worked fine without the above mentioned problems.
But I'll check again.

Wich FDE version did you guys use? Easy or realistic?

Cheers,
Mark
Ups. Sure 1.1, RFD version.

10lrrp
August 6th, 2011, 04:54

sorry ver. 1.1

YoYo
August 8th, 2011, 08:51
Now is OK. I see the new file 1.1.
...Maybe it was good idea to add on the thumbnail small text "Realistic" or sentence in the name of Skin?...

I have to admit that Vertigo is trying to be better with better support.

1/ quick 1.1 patch with many our propositions

2/ and now: http://www.vertigostudios.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?229-Added-thumbnail-for-the-V1.1-Patch thumbnails for RFD version of Avenger.

(for me this link from post on VS Forum doesnt work but I found this file here: http://www.vertigostudios.co.uk/forum/downloads.php?do=cat&id=17 )

Deano
August 8th, 2011, 12:42
Support hasn't really changed, its still as good as usual. The major difference is that we have used a different coder on the TBM opposed to the F9F and F9F .

I have to admit that Vertigo is trying to be better with better support.

1/ quick 1.1 patch with many our propositions

2/ and now: http://www.vertigostudios.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?229-Added-thumbnail-for-the-V1.1-Patch thumbnails for RFD version of Avenger.

(for me this link from post on VS Forum doesnt work but I found this file here: http://www.vertigostudios.co.uk/forum/downloads.php?do=cat&id=17 )

dvj
August 9th, 2011, 18:03

JohnC
August 9th, 2011, 18:13
Nice!!

:ernae:

Mithrin
August 10th, 2011, 01:25
Cool shot!

HvyEng
August 12th, 2011, 06:04
Great aircraft, I love flying it. My Grandfather flew in the target-tug variant from 45-47, I am looking forward to the paint kit!<o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
Has anyone found the dds for the target reticule? I would like to swap the "green cross" for a mk8 style, but I can't find the file anywhere. Is it possibly hidden in one of the gauge files?<o:p></o:p>
Thanks!<o:p></o:p>
--Dan<o:p></o:p>

Deano
August 12th, 2011, 12:39
Bruce has been playing again :salute:

http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq305/WAFU448/2011-8-12_19-44-36-206.jpg

http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq305/WAFU448/2011-8-12_19-41-42-172.jpg

Phantom88
August 13th, 2011, 03:34
:applause:That's Sweet!

kcgb
September 17th, 2011, 02:27
The Paint pack and paint kit was released today, here are some shots

http://i960.photobucket.com/albums/ae82/kcgb/1-83.jpg
http://i960.photobucket.com/albums/ae82/kcgb/2-57.jpg
http://i960.photobucket.com/albums/ae82/kcgb/3-42.jpg
http://i960.photobucket.com/albums/ae82/kcgb/4-37.jpg
http://i960.photobucket.com/albums/ae82/kcgb/5-29.jpg
http://i960.photobucket.com/albums/ae82/kcgb/6-20.jpg
http://i960.photobucket.com/albums/ae82/kcgb/7-22.jpg
http://i960.photobucket.com/albums/ae82/kcgb/8-16.jpg
http://i960.photobucket.com/albums/ae82/kcgb/9-11.jpg

Phantom88
September 17th, 2011, 05:53
Great shots!! Are you using The Shade App?

kcgb
September 17th, 2011, 21:14
yep.

skyhawka4m
September 18th, 2011, 07:47
Now that they have released the paint pack and paint kit...I may have to go fir this aircraft this week. Thank you Vertigo.

noddy
September 19th, 2011, 12:42
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i305/noddy1966/1-3.jpg

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i305/noddy1966/2-6.jpg

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i305/noddy1966/3-6.jpg

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i305/noddy1966/4-5.jpg

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i305/noddy1966/5-6.jpg

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i305/noddy1966/62-2.jpg

And some from me.

CodyValkyrie
December 3rd, 2011, 02:15
I'm having issues with the realistic flight model. It's near impossible to bank more than 45 degrees and unless I have the plane firewalled, I can't hardly climb at all. Is this what others are experiencing?

mal998
December 3rd, 2011, 08:09
I don't have this plane at the moment but you might try adjusting the elevator_effectiveness from 1.0 (if thats the current setting) to 1.5 or 2.0. Then fly it and see if that helps.

example:

[flight_tuning]

elevator_effectiveness=2.5

heywooood
December 3rd, 2011, 08:29
I'm having issues with the realistic flight model. It's near impossible to bank more than 45 degrees and unless I have the plane firewalled, I can't hardly climb at all. Is this what others are experiencing?

what is the default payload and fuel state?

Ian Warren
December 3rd, 2011, 12:32

I have to re-install it , recall it was very responsive comparing it firstly to a display within the tight confine off Wanaka and was very spritely on takeoff .

Ian Warren
December 4th, 2011, 09:02
Cody , A fresh install of the Avenger and she was as perky as ever , I did take the weapon load off but kept a full tank off gas :salute:

ZsoltB
June 30th, 2013, 08:11
http://i.imgur.com/BnG261Z.jpg

Chocks under the wheels

there is a solution?

UnknownGuest12
June 30th, 2013, 09:49
Puzzled for a moment till I realized this Thread has been started in 2011 !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cheers.........

WarHorse47
June 30th, 2013, 10:07
http://i.imgur.com/BnG261Z.jpg

Chocks under the wheels

there is a solution?Zsolt, you might want to let VS developers know.

http://www.vertigostudios.co.uk/forum/forum.php?

dc10boy
June 30th, 2015, 08:57
Not exactly happy here.I ordered using the Vertigo site which links to PCsimstore.More than an hour has passed, no download link, no key.
Next time I'll buy from FSpilotshop...

DaveB
June 30th, 2015, 09:21
I've had this too mate. I ended up firing an email off in the end but don't worry.. the link DID come. No idea why it hangs around like that.

ATB
DaveB:)

DaveB
July 1st, 2015, 01:16
Did your link turn up mate??

ATB

fsafranek
July 1st, 2015, 06:16
Puzzled for a moment till I realized this Thread has been started in 2011 !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cheers.........
Wondering the same thing in 2015. Why did this float to the top, again? Started reading and clicking and then realized this was all ancient history.
:ernaehrung004:

DaveB
July 1st, 2015, 06:36
Stan obviously bought it!! I wondered about the date too but heck.. you only live twice:biggrin-new:

ATB

dc10boy
July 2nd, 2015, 08:54
Thanks Dave, link turned up later that evening!
Stan

DaveB
July 2nd, 2015, 10:04
Rgr that mate:encouragement:

I still wonder why in this day and age that such delays are still happening. As I said in my email to them.. I got one from PayPal immediately so one would presume they'd received one at the same time! This said.. I've only tried to buy from WBS twice and on each occasion, I had to send an email asking where the download link was! I bought the rest from PCAau/FSPS:biggrin-new:
ATB