PDA

View Full Version : SIM SKUNK WORKS Zipper version 3.0 NOW RELEASED !

LUCE1
July 16th, 2011, 03:56
SEE AT:
http://www.vaafse.org/simskunkworks

flaviossa
July 16th, 2011, 06:34
Downloading now ...

Dag
July 16th, 2011, 07:21
So this is still the old external model? I see no bump mapping?

mbmorgan
July 16th, 2011, 08:05

Hei Dag,

It is indeed the old external model. If you go the the Sim Skunk Works web site, near the bottom of the home page, they explain their release plans that (among other things) include the new bump-mapped external model.

Mike

dvj
July 16th, 2011, 08:15
Very tempted, but after reading the "incompleteness" list, it would seem that v 3.2 is the one to wait for.

Dag
July 16th, 2011, 08:28
Can anyone confirm good outwards visibility from the cockpit when using TrackIR? With this I mean "over the nose" landing visibility. In one of their freeware releases, I felt I was sitting on the floor with a huge instrument panel up front.

flaviossa
July 16th, 2011, 08:30
"Bad boys! Bad boys! What you gonna do???" :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:
Ok ... i´ll do the correct way!

Dag ... my trackir is not installed at the moment. IF no one helps you i´ll promise to do the test till tonight.

Dag
July 16th, 2011, 08:56
"Bad boys! Bad boys! What you gonna do???" :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:
Ok ... i´ll do the correct way!

Dag ... my trackir is not installed at the moment. IF no one helps you i´ll promise to do the test till tonight.

No need to, I changed my mind, I won't be getting it. If I ever will, it will most likely be the G-model.

LUCE1
July 16th, 2011, 09:11
don't be mislead from above pic, model has both bumps and spec even if we are not so convinced about them since what they add to the graph rendering they steal from frame rate expecially in MP which we prefere much.
Pic will be substituted
cheers

LUCE1
July 16th, 2011, 09:12
Very tempted, but after reading the "incompleteness" list, it would seem that v 3.2 is the one to wait for.
reading carefully you will see that having 3.0 will provide you 3.2 at no cost.
cheers

Dag
July 16th, 2011, 09:50
don't be mislead from above pic, model has both bumps and spec even if we are not so convinced about them since what they add to the graph rendering they steal from frame rate expecially in MP which we prefere much.
Pic will be substituted
cheers

Well, I cannot see either bump or spec on any of your new shots and the shine reminds me of the model shine of the old C9 model.
An FSX model, pay- or donationware, without bump or spec is definltely a no go for me and especially if it has FPS issues in MP with these features.

LUCE1
July 16th, 2011, 10:06
Well, I cannot see either bump or spec on any of your new shots and the shine reminds me of the model shine of the old C9 model.
An FSX model, pay- or donationware, without bump or spec is definltely a no go for me and especially if it has FPS issues in MP with these features.

does it fit ?

<meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8">http://www.vaafse.org/media/images/zipperv3.jpg

do you know some bump/spec model that has no problems in MP without having the God computer ? (i mean MP, not 2 but 10-15 players), i don't, but i will like to see it.

cheers
/mario

daisan
July 16th, 2011, 10:07
Hi Dag

I think that you have misunderstood the concept behind our planes and the words of Mario.

We SSW are part of a virtual organization made of several virtual squadrons, and our only goal is to make virtual operations simulating the 70-80s. We don't release planes to sell. If we release them as donationware is only to get money to mantain our servers.

Well, this goes to the next. We built the planes that we fly and the planes that we need for our operations. We fly SSW F104SV3 daily. We all are betatesters. And we always fly in MP. So anything, I do repeat, ANYTHING that could affect minimally MP is avoided. We sustain operations with up to 40 pilots simultaneously so imagine until what point we are worried about it. We will release a "solo" model too, where our 3d magicians will rshow us all their power of design, unrestrained. But a "solo" plane is not our main goal. Our main goal is multiplayer.

Regards

Diego

TeiscoDelRay
July 16th, 2011, 10:40
Very nice but don't cater to online so much as I believe most of us fly offline and prefer a better texture.

Dag
July 16th, 2011, 10:55
Hi Dag

I think that you have misunderstood the concept behind our planes and the words of Mario.

We SSW are part of a virtual organization made of several virtual squadrons, and our only goal is to make virtual operations simulating the 70-80s. We don't release planes to sell. If we release them as donationware is only to get money to mantain our servers.

Well, this goes to the next. We built the planes that we fly and the planes that we need for our operations. We fly SSW F104SV3 daily. We all are betatesters. And we always fly in MP. So anything, I do repeat, ANYTHING that could affect minimally MP is avoided. We sustain operations with up to 40 pilots simultaneously so imagine until what point we are worried about it. We will release a "solo" model too, where our 3d magicians will rshow us all their power of design, unrestrained. But a "solo" plane is not our main goal. Our main goal is multiplayer.

Regards

Diego

Understood !

Also, thanks for the images. I see them now, must get better reading glasses....

Hitchhiker
July 16th, 2011, 11:36
Hi,

I bought version 3 this afternoon and I am totally thrilled with this bird. Mario and co. have done a fantastic job.

1. The flight dynamics are something to behold
2. The depth of systems being simulated is outstanding especially at this price point
3. Despite the depth of simulation, this F-104 runs at high frame rates AND smoothly on my Core 2 Duo machine.

I highly recommend this product and these guys have a passion for the F-104 and I am certain that any minor outstanding issues will be resolved quickly.

Regards and many thanks to Mario and company!

IanHenry
July 16th, 2011, 11:54
The 104 looks very nice, but does the model come with U.S and German paints, or is it just the Italian like the previous versions?

Regards,
Ian.

LUCE1
July 16th, 2011, 12:09
The 104 looks very nice, but does the model come with U.S and German paints, or is it just the Italian like the previous versions?
Regards,
Ian.
this is the "S" model used by Italian and Turkish Air Forces.
The "G" model both MAP and Consortium is on the way.
cheers
/Mario

dvj
July 16th, 2011, 19:20
reading carefully you will see that having 3.0 will provide you 3.2 at no cost.
cheers

Thanks. I also just paid 50 bucks for the Warbirds P51 and am out of funds. The kids are already eating beans and rice to support my sim habit.

IanHenry
July 16th, 2011, 23:05
this is the "S" model used by Italian and Turkish Air Forces.
The "G" model both MAP and Consortium is on the way.
cheers
/Mario

Ok thanks Mario, you must excuse my ignorance on this.
<o:p> </o:p>
Regards,
Ian.

ZsoltB
July 17th, 2011, 10:43
Should there be an Start up video (youtube)!
I can not start....:-(

cortomalteseit
July 17th, 2011, 11:25

Szia Zsolt!
Briefly the sequence descripted in the checklist (docs folder):
1. Switch on EPU on the left panel
2. When green light, left click on starter switch (1 or 2 is the same)
3. Put throttle at idle (move al little forward)
4. Watch the parameters are correct
5. Switch off EPU
6. Right click on starter switch to stop it

P.s.: Prior to takeoff remember to close the canopy

Have a good flight & fun!

Pluto12
July 17th, 2011, 11:39
Szia Zsolt!
Briefly the sequence descripted in the checklist (docs folder):
1. Switch on EPU on the left panel
2. When green light, left click on starter switch (1 or 2 is the same)
3. Put throttle at idle (move al little forward)
4. Watch the parameters are correct
5. Switch off EPU
6. Right click on starter switch to stop it

P.s.: Prior to takeoff remember to close the canopy

Have a good flight & fun!

Hi.....
the sequence is quite correct....but when engine RPM reaches 40%....the J79 is on....right click on the starter and the EPU switches off...(do not turn off the EPU with the switch or the generators will not be aligned and will remain off)...

Just to suggestion....in the clean version forlder of the airplane there is a folder named "Docs" here you can find the complete "Normal" "Emergency" and "weapon" procedure of the Zipper and some others docs that explain the functionality of the switches.....

regards
Emanuele

ZsoltB
July 17th, 2011, 11:49
Thank you very much!

ErnstF
July 17th, 2011, 20:13
:applause: Congratulations Skunkworks, this is an amazing model !! The flight dynamics are outstanding, and I can`t wait to do some formation flights in MP. I`m glad I did some practice in the Milviz T-38 first :icon_lol: .

LUCE1
July 17th, 2011, 23:33
get here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pQZiRWxBuc
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pQZiRWxBuc)btw:
someone knows how to embed a youtube video here ? normal tags seems to be ineffective

findus
July 18th, 2011, 06:09
Congratulations to your amazing Zipper!
It´s really awesome to fly with (a least finally after I succeed closing the canopy ;-)).
Looking forward to the G version.

daisan
July 18th, 2011, 06:18
A general advice.. take care on approach and landing, the BLC is a great device and sometimes a nightmare...

Has anyone listened the chickens?

LUCE1
July 18th, 2011, 09:30
A general advice.. take care on approach and landing, the BLC is a great device and sometimes a nightmare...

Has anyone listened the chickens?
Hi Daisan,
chicken chorus has been substituted by Bob Marley "Bad boys" song :-)

daisan
July 18th, 2011, 09:53
Oh! That means that my flight habilities have improved since you changed my beloved chickens...

Dag
July 18th, 2011, 11:18
Very very cool features there. I see you guys are using the acronym EPU. I suspect this is your abbreviation for External Power Unit. In my world of power units, you have the APU (auxillary power source within the aircraft), the EPU (Emergency Power Unit in an F-15/16 - Hydrazine powered) and the GPU. I believe your "EPU" should be referred to the GPU (Ground Power Unit). The F-104's EPU is off course the RAT (RAM Air Turbine). I think, since you are such professionals/experts it wold be wrong calling a ground huffer anyhing other than GPU.

daisan
July 18th, 2011, 11:58
As you can see in page 118 of the real manual EPU is External Power Unit ( as you said it can also be named ground, but the manual says External), and in the manual too, RAT ( RAM air turbine) is simply RAT, as you can read in page 149 for instance. Nothing wrong I think. It is always better to go to the sources, and in this case " the source" is the real flight manual

Cheers

Diego

LUCE1
July 18th, 2011, 14:27
Very very cool features there. I see you guys are using the acronym EPU. I suspect this is your abbreviation for External Power Unit. In my world of power units, you have the APU (auxillary power source within the aircraft), the EPU (Emergency Power Unit in an F-15/16 - Hydrazine powered) and the GPU. I believe your "EPU" should be referred to the GPU (Ground Power Unit). The F-104's EPU is off course the RAT (RAM Air Turbine). I think, since you are such professionals/experts it wold be wrong calling a ground huffer anyhing other than GPU.
<meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8">Hi Dag,
may be you are correct, may be no, we will investigate better.
However even if you are right, sometime we love also our bugs, so it will remain EPU.
However if this is the problem you've identified so far we are very happy :-)
cheers
/Mario
last minute change:
we have investigated better, below from my personal paper copy of FM.
Anything else ?
http://www.vaafse.org/media/images/lm1001-2-4.jpg

a (http://www.vaafse.org/media/images/lm1001-2-4.jpg)nyhow enjoy:

Dag
July 18th, 2011, 21:13
<meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8">Hi Dag,
However even if you are right, sometime we love also our bugs, so it will remain EPU.
cheers
/Mario
last minute change:
Anything else ?

I rest my case ;-)

LUCE1
July 21st, 2011, 04:57
<meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8">

The paintkit for newly released F-104 S is available for download at SIM SKUNK WORK support forum for registered users.
See at: Board index => SIM SKUNK WORKS AERITALIA-LOCKHEED F-104 S/ASA => ZIPPER ADD-ON
The paintkit is in Photoshop (.psd) format, available upon request also in GIMP (.xcf)
The paintkit is available upon request also for non registered users, contact staff@102virtual.org
http://www.vaafse.org/simskunkhome/images/stories/ssw_signature.png

Dag
July 21st, 2011, 06:52
<meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8">

The paintkit for newly released F-104 S is available for download at SIM SKUNK WORK support forum for registered users.
See at: Board index => SIM SKUNK WORKS AERITALIA-LOCKHEED F-104 S/ASA => ZIPPER ADD-ON
The paintkit is in Photoshop (.psd) format, available upon request also in GIMP (.xcf)
The paintkit is available upon request also for non registered users, contact staff@102virtual.org
http://www.vaafse.org/simskunkhome/images/stories/ssw_signature.png

But the new 3DS MAX model coming with the 3.2 update will be differently mapped ??

LUCE1
July 21st, 2011, 08:55
But the new 3DS MAX model coming with the 3.2 update will be differently mapped ??
Yes, using 3DS instead GMax it will change texture mapping.
Version 3.2 is planned to be out late September, meantime we will release at least minor-minor versions 3.0.1 with some minor bug fixes and a fuselage optimized for multiplayer with close to 0 frame drop even with several players.
Current fuselage is light, but not enough for our tasks, we need MP session with at least 20 players using same models.
Unfortunately every exterior model with more than 45000 triangles or texture vertices is a frame killer in multiplayer, with 3/4 players the frame rate dramatically drops below 20 FPS even in high-end machines, worse models above 100000 triangles are unusable in MP. Also bumps and spec are FPS hungry as you can expect.
cheers
/Mario

flaviossa
July 21st, 2011, 09:03
Mario,
Please keep in mind that there are some of us that do solo flights with this magnificent bird. So, please, if it´s possible keep one model with more details in future models .... :wavey:

Pluto12
July 21st, 2011, 09:21
Mario,
Please keep in mind that there are some of us that do solo flights with this magnificent bird. So, please, if it´s possible keep one model with more details in future models .... :wavey:

Hi.....
don't worry about the "Solo" flights.......3.2 version will be with a "solo model"..and an "Unbuntu model" (multiplayer)....
the differences will be:
- for the solo model Bump mapping and specular and a pilot seat, and a pilot more detailed (the airplane will be the same..)...plus other minor things...
- the ubuntu model will be without bumpmapping and specular, and a pilot, pilot seat less detailed....
- the feature will be quite the same....even if there will be differences due to the multiplayer engine of FSX which does not support some features.....(but we are working on it)

the texturing will be the same for the two model.....:)

Emanuele

blkbart
July 21st, 2011, 09:27
Congratulations to your amazing Zipper!
It´s really awesome to fly with (a least finally after I succeed closing the canopy ;-)).
Looking forward to the G version.

I have not yet succeeded in closing the canopy. Would you mind telling me your secret to success?

Thanks. Sam Barrick.

LUCE1
July 21st, 2011, 09:51
I have not yet succeeded in closing the canopy. Would you mind telling me your secret to success?
Thanks. Sam Barrick.
close it as you would close the real thing:
- unlock the canopy full open lock (left click) on canopy frame (little black handle)
- drag the canopy (mouse drag) rightward until it rest on lifter cams (passing the half-way, canopy will gently go by itself, releasing the drag before halfway makes canopy return back on full open position)
- drag backward the canopy internal locking lever (big yellow one) until it locks, you will hear the locking sound
shift+E just open/close pilot helmet visor.
In multiplayer the animation is toggled only, when user full open/close the canopy MP animation starts.
hope this helps
/mario

Dag
July 21st, 2011, 10:20
Hi.....
don't worry about the "Solo" flights.......3.2 version will be with a "solo model"..and an "Unbuntu model" (multiplayer)....
the differences will be:
- for the solo model Bump mapping and specular and a pilot seat, and a pilot more detailed (the airplane will be the same..)...plus other minor things...
- the ubuntu model will be without bumpmapping and specular, and a pilot, pilot seat less detailed....
- the feature will be quite the same....even if there will be differences due to the multiplayer engine of FSX which does not support some features.....(but we are working on it)

the texturing will be the same for the two model.....:)

Emanuele

Great, looking forward to 3.2 and a future G-model :-)

Txmmy83
July 22nd, 2011, 04:34
what is the price of the V3.0 donationware variant?
I fly the old free but unsupported 2.6

and thinking of purchase :)

Best Regards
Thomas

smoky942
July 22nd, 2011, 05:31
A very reasonable 20 euro's. Get it here http://www.vaafse.org/simskunkhome/index.php

IanHenry
July 22nd, 2011, 05:37
Hi Luce1,
does the 104 have an "easy start" feature or do you have to go through a lengthy start procedure every time you want to fly it? I ask because on most occasions I don’t have a lot of “sim time”, so what I have is very precious to me, and I don’t want to waste it starting an aircraft up realistically all the time.<o:p></o:p>
Also will the G model be an upgrade to the S, or will it be a separate purchase?<o:p></o:p>
Thanks in advance,
Ian.

LUCE1
July 22nd, 2011, 06:46
Hi Luce1,
does the 104 have an "easy start" feature or do you have to go through a thy start procedure every time you want to fly it? I ask because on most occasions I don’t have a lot of “sim time”, so what I have is very precious to me, and I don’t want to waste it starting an aircraft up realistically all the time.<o:p></o:p>
Also will the G model be an upgrade to the S, or will it be a separate purchase?<o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
Thanks in advance,
Ian.
i'm sorry is not possible since FSX default start-up would not initialize correctly various systems both electrical, hydraulic and avionics.
However the overall start-up procedure does not take more than 40", from EPU start-up to engine IDLE, it does not seem so lengthy is not it ?
cheers
/Mario
PS.
However, reading AERIT-F104S-V3-CLEAN\docs\zipperhints.pdf you can read a short track to have a "hot saved" flight and most of systems working correctly.

IanHenry
July 22nd, 2011, 09:03
Thanks for you prompt reply Mario.

Regards,
Ian.

blkbart
July 22nd, 2011, 09:08
- unlock the canopy full open lock (left click) on canopy frame (little black handle)
- drag the canopy (mouse drag) rightward until it rest on lifter cams (passing the half-way, canopy will gently go by itself, releasing the drag before halfway makes canopy return back on full open position)
- drag backward the canopy internal locking lever (big yellow one) until it locks, you will hear the locking sound
In multiplayer the animation is toggled only, when user full open/close the canopy MP animation starts.
hope this helps
/mario
Thanks Mario. When I get back to my computer on Sunday, I will try it and let you know. Thanks for your reply. Sam Barrick

IanHenry
July 23rd, 2011, 09:39
Well, I tried to buy the Starfighter, found it a nightmare and gave up!<o:p></o:p>
I don't have a Pay pal account, and found dealing with their purchase screen in Italian to much of a challenge, shame really, because I liked the aircraft.

Ian.

Dag
July 23rd, 2011, 10:41
Well, I tried to buy the Starfighter, found it a nightmare and gave up!<o:p></o:p>
I don't have a Pay pal account, and found dealing with their purchase screen in Italian to much of a challenge, shame really, because I liked the aircraft.

Ian.

Indeed, a very complicated purchase/activation method for a so called "donationware" addon.

Pluto12
July 23rd, 2011, 11:10

Ian.

Hi Ian....
at this page you can find all the informations in English

http://www.vaafse.org/simskunkhome/index.php/mystore/fsx-models

hope this help....for any other questions you can send us an e-mail....
thanks

Emanuele

IanHenry
July 23rd, 2011, 11:41
Hi Emanuele,
The problem is that the Pay Pal page is in Italian, and when I tried to fill in my (U.K) details it rejected them. I have sent an e mail to you.

Regards,
Ian.

Hitchhiker
July 23rd, 2011, 12:25
Ian I have a UK PayPal account and I had no issue with making a donation.

IanHenry
July 23rd, 2011, 12:33
Hi Hitchhiker,
I don't have a Pay Pal account. I used to have one but I'm concerned about their security (you don’t get the same protection that you get from a credit card company, using a third party absolves the credit card company of their obligations).<o:p></o:p>
Regards,<o:p></o:p>
Ian.

GB
July 23rd, 2011, 12:42
Gents, trust me

The plane is GREAT (both the real one and the simulated). I've also phased the same paypal problem with the Italian page but, I went through it by trial and error. You have to add the product first to the purchase list on the very top and then click the only logical button to proceed. It then takes you to a familiar page in paypal.

For the top quality it possesses and the extras provided as a friendly gift (2 nice airbases and a fully detailed real flight manual), ONLY 20 euros are really a lean donation to the fine Italian team that took care of us all F-104 lovers.

I strongly suggest that you go for it.

P.S I actually paid just 12 Euros for all that goodness because I've donated for the v2.6 (before it became freeware) and the developers team has not forgotten me (and every other who paid before). These guys are really one of us and take care of our hard earned money!!:applause:

Hitchhiker
July 23rd, 2011, 12:59
Oh I see Henry... fair enough. Pity you are having issues. I echo the words of GB. This is an outstanding simulation. In fact I am surprised it has not garnered more attention in the forum and over at AVSIM. One needs to fly the thing to appreciate how peculiar the flight dynamics of the 104 were. I too believe they are asking for a VERY modest contribution for their efforts.

For a second I thought this thread was going to end up in the usual debated/flame war about anti-piracy protection methods etc... Given the amount of simulation pleasure I've been getting so far, there is no question this product is well worth going through the registration process for.

Of course, to each his own but apart from a great VC, in-depth systems (including logic for weapon arming and firing) flight model and great multiplayer performance, you also get a comprehensive suite of manuals and checklists and superb support. I had this bird for a week and I required an additional two keys in the meantime due to 2 hardware changes, which were forthcoming within hours. The only other developer I would endorse in this way is RealAir.

LUCE1
July 23rd, 2011, 13:03
Ian.
although few, we had some problems with PayPal, we will solve even your privately with e-mail that we have already received, in the mean time we will send you the reg key anyway.
regards
SSW

LUCE1
July 23rd, 2011, 13:16
Indeed, a very complicated purchase/activation method for a so called "donationware" addon.
Dag, do not worry, we will give it to you for free, provided you promise to be less pain in the neck to us :icon_lol:
in the meantime enjoy this simple video showing aerodynamic model characteristics.
cheers
/SSW

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNJklpFZCk0

GB
July 23rd, 2011, 13:25
Actually F-104, A MARVEL OF TECHNOLOGY even by today' standards (just consider how did the OEM fit the powerfull flight control servo valves in these thin Wings and Tail Fin and also, that its trapezoidal wing planform is now found in every 5th Gen jet developed), didn't took the attention it deserved when it was born (even by the developing Nation) .

Some years after, the majority of NATO Air Forces were relying upon it, and there almost were no skies all over the world, that it wasn't flying in.

My conclusion: It'll take a little of time to become familiar with what the real jet was, but eventually, everybody will appreciate zipper v.3, since it is its modern digital son.

flaviossa
July 23rd, 2011, 14:52
i just have to say what others said already. It´s a wonderful aircraft and even that i bought the 2.6 version, i paid the full price for the new one, just to encourage the italian boys to continue doing their excelent work.
The purchase process is indeed a little different from the normal ones but I didn´t had any problems in purchasing the plane and after 15 minutes of buying i was flying it.

The other goodies that come with the package are very interesting too,like the bases and the manual. The manual is fantastic to read! I´m not a MP fan so the model could be more detailed in the next versions, witch is already said that is going to happen.

So, go for it! It´s without doubt one of the best out there!! :applause:

IanHenry
July 23rd, 2011, 23:35
Many thanks,
I will have another try with Pay Pal. I tried the demo model and it really is a great model.

Regards,
Ian.

Dag
July 24th, 2011, 01:52
Dag, do not worry, we will give it to you for free, provided you promise to be less pain in the neck to us :icon_lol:

You gotta be kidding, this is pathetic. This is the last post from me on this subject, don't worry !

blkbart
July 24th, 2011, 05:02
hope this helps
/mario
Thank you Mario. It works very well now.

Hitchhiker
July 24th, 2011, 06:31
You gotta be kidding, this is pathetic. This is the last post from me on this subject, don't worry !

Dag, I think Mario was joking. Unless you are familiar with Mediterranean humour it can come across wrongly.

IanHenry
July 24th, 2011, 10:41
Hi Dag,
cheers
/Mario
last minute change:
Anything else ?

Having got the F-104 today and I have to say it’s a fantastic model, well worth th donation.
One question that I have though, is the paint in this picture available? I’d like it as a change from the camouflage schemes.
Regards,
Ian.

LUCE1
July 24th, 2011, 11:18
Having got the F-104 today and I have to say it’s a fantastic model, well worth th donation.
One question that I have though, is the paint in this picture available? I’d like it as a change from the camouflage schemes.
<o:p></o:p>Regards,
Ian.

Yes, the 75thousand flying hours special color (102nd SQN, 1983) will be available on the next version 3.0.1 (coming in few days).
Paint kit available since now on our support forum.
cheers
SSW

IanHenry
July 24th, 2011, 11:57
Yes, the 75thousand flying hours special color (102nd SQN, 1983) will be available on the next version 3.0.1 (coming in few days).
Paint kit available since now on our support forum.
cheers
SSW

Thanks, look forward to that.

Ian.

blkbart
July 25th, 2011, 04:05
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:DoNotOptimizeForBrowser/> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--> I have discovered that several of the knobs and rotary selectors on this aircraft do not work with my mouse. One is the inertial navigator, another is the TACAN on-off switch, and the set index knob on the airspeed indicator does not work either.

I am using a Microsoft Wheel Mouse (optical USB and PS/2 compatible). I have the left button set on “click” (default); right button set on “right click” (default); and the wheel button set on “middle-click” (default).

I have reviewed the “Tips & Hints” handout as well as the “Cockpit Layout” description of how the switches, knobs, and selectors work. In particular, my mouse wheel has no effect on any of the switches.

I have not read where anyone else is having this problem so I am hoping there is a simple fix that will enable me to take off with an operative MM3 attitude indicator!

Any help would be appreciated. Sam Barrick.

smoky942
July 25th, 2011, 04:33
Sam, you are rolling the mouse wheel forward and not clicking it ? I assure you all the rotary switches do work by rolling the mouse wheel forwards a click at a time.

Russell.

LUCE1
July 25th, 2011, 06:43
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:DoNotOptimizeForBrowser/> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--> I have discovered that several of the knobs and rotary selectors on this aircraft do not work with my mouse. One is the inertial navigator, another is the TACAN on-off switch, and the set index knob on the airspeed indicator does not work either.
I am using a Microsoft Wheel Mouse (optical USB and PS/2 compatible). I have the left button set on “click” (default); right button set on “right click” (default); and the wheel button set on “middle-click” (default).
I have reviewed the “Tips & Hints” handout as well as the “Cockpit Layout” description of how the switches, knobs, and selectors work. In particular, my mouse wheel has no effect on any of the switches.
I have not read where anyone else is having this problem so I am hoping there is a simple fix that will enable me to take off with an operative MM3 attitude indicator!
Any help would be appreciated. Sam Barrick.
All more-than-three states rotary switches flag mouse wheel, if your mouse wheel works on scrolling down/up web browser should work properly with the sim either.
Carefully check your mouse wheel configuration and let us know.
/Mario
BTW:
we suggest to use our support forum so all our user can share info and bug reports.
thanks.

blkbart
July 25th, 2011, 08:12
Sam, you are rolling the mouse wheel forward and not clicking it ? I assure you all the rotary switches do work by rolling the mouse wheel forwards a click at a time.

Russell.

Thanks for your help, Russell. Please see my reply to Mario.
Sam

blkbart
July 25th, 2011, 08:22
All more-than-three states rotary switches flag mouse wheel, if your mouse wheel works on scrolling down/up web browser should work properly with the sim either.
Carefully check your mouse wheel configuration and let us know.
/Mario
BTW:
we suggest to use our support forum so all our user can share info and bug reports.
thanks.

In the future I will be happy to use the support forum. In this case, no bugs were involved. As I expected, the problem was caused by me and had nothing to do with your software. I have the FSUIPC registered version and discovered that in the "Options and Settings" section, I had checked "use mousewheel for trim". After I unchecked it, the mousewheel operates normally to operate the selectors.

As always, thanks for your prompt reply and helpful response. Now I can go fly this wonderful machine!

Sam Barrick.

Txmmy83
July 26th, 2011, 03:29
does the account less (paypal express pay) work for purchases? which I hope

best regards
Thomas

IanHenry
July 26th, 2011, 04:20
does the account less (paypal express pay) work for purchases? which I hope

best regards
Thomas

Yes, I managed to pay using my credit card. If you follow the process the Pay Pal site turns to English, see my comments earlier in this thread. The Zipper is well worth getting, it’s fabulous<o:p></o:p>
Regards,
Ian.

Pluto12
July 28th, 2011, 04:07
Just few shots from yesterday MP session....nothing of "operative"...just for fun....:)

Emanuele

Barfly
July 28th, 2011, 07:41
That is some nice form :)

Bone
July 28th, 2011, 07:44
Yeah, it is.