PDA

View Full Version : anyone near sacramento/McClellan? on saturday 7-16-11?

Daveroo
July 15th, 2011, 17:51
well its still friday night and i have no idea how long it will be there...but i dont drive and i have no way to get there...im 40 miles east...but this afternoon just before 4 pm local i heard a peruvian airforce twin otter ( its what he said) land at McClellan,i was wondering if someone could go get a pic of it....and email it to me or post it here...i have a feeling its at the electronics place where they work on the WC-12s ,and McClellan has been busy with mostly light aircraft all day today..cessnas and pipers...i sent an email to my friend at aero union but seems he is out of state,so he doesnt know whats going on

CG_1976
July 15th, 2011, 19:21
Which Twin Otter of the Peruvian Air-force? They employ the 300 and the new Viking 400 Twin Otter

Daveroo
July 16th, 2011, 06:25
Which Twin Otter of the Peruvian Air-force? They employ the 300 and the new Viking 400 Twin Otter

well heck if i know..all he said is,,,im a peruvian air force twin otter,im 3 miles out for one-six McClellan,,,,,,thats all he said...so i dont know...i do know ive never seen a twin otter in person nor have i seen a pervuian airforace ac in california before...just thought it would be cool......

CG_1976
July 16th, 2011, 10:11
Well the Peruvian AF 300 Twin Otter is pretty much the same as the Canadian Armed Forces CC138. I found a pic of the CC138 for you.
http://www.airliners.net/photo/Canada---Air/De-Havilland-Canada/0986688/L/
Im still going thru my personal pics of CAF CC138 #802 when I was stationed at 440Sq. Somewhere in the box and books I have a pic or two of the Peruvian AF Twin Otter.