PDA

View Full Version : FSX British Columbia PNW Port McNeill Released

mmann
July 15th, 2011, 14:10
After a little hiatus from my FSX BC PNW project I am pleased to announce my return. I have just uploaded to AVSIM Library and FlightSim.com the scenery file FSX BC PNW Port McNeill; the filename mcneillbases.zip is used at both sites. AVSIM has it released already.

Port McNeill Water Aerodrome (CAM8) is home to Pacific Eagle Aviation and is located on the northeast coast of Vancouver Island, British Columbia. This update was designed for Orbx's FTX NA Blue Pacific Northwest (PNW). In addition to the float plane base this scenery enhancement adds a heliport; Port McNeill Hospital Heliport (CBM9). A number of custom 3ds Max objects were created exclusively for this scenery.

One of the pictures I have posted shows the fuel dock area where they also moor the float planes. The other picture shows Port McNeill harbour viewed from the BC Ferries Dock and looking north.

Regards, Mike Mann

Naismith
July 15th, 2011, 14:45
Very nice. Have d/l'd will try tonight. Thanks very much.

mmann
July 15th, 2011, 14:51
Thank you for downloading it, I hope you enjoy it! I am now planning my next project which I have narrowed down to two possible candidates.

Regards, Mike Mann

JoeW
July 15th, 2011, 15:39
Very nice addition to PNW, Mike. How about some ambient sounds? I could use the TFX sounds for this too.

mmann
July 15th, 2011, 16:00
Two things that I haven't played with much (but I should) are ambient sounds and effects. I have just started checking out effects in the hope that I can come up with a better lighthouse light effect than what Microsoft produced.

Regards, Mike Mann

flewpastu
July 15th, 2011, 16:21
Nice Scenery, very nice. I will enjoy this. Thank You very much Mike. :applause::salute:

Bill

mmann
July 15th, 2011, 16:26
Thank you Bill. I noticed that both you and Joe are from Florida; nice to see that you both also like to fly in my neck of the woods.

Regards, Mike Mann

Bushpounder
July 15th, 2011, 16:38
I just posted this news on my site a few minutes ago, Mike. Thanks!

Don :ernae:

mmann
July 15th, 2011, 17:27
Thanks Don! I still haven't figured out the Emergency Forum at your site; I don't see any posted images appear unlike the old Forum which I had no problems with.

Regards, Mike Mann

Bushpounder
July 15th, 2011, 20:26
You are all signed up, Mike.

Don

CG_1976
July 15th, 2011, 22:01
Thank you Mike. Time to warm up the USCG Beaver at Astoria and pay a visit.

anthony31
July 15th, 2011, 22:13
Top work Mike. Thanks for the scenery.

mmann
July 16th, 2011, 05:49
Thank you all for your kind words of support!

Just wanted to let those of you that won't/can't download from AVSIM know that the file is now up at FlightSim.Com (filename: mcneillbases.zip)

Regards, Mike Mann

lucas81
July 16th, 2011, 07:42
I would like to thank you for your hard work, Mike. Today, I downloaded all your sceneries for the PNW and the repaint pack for the Beaver and I am enjoying the packages a lot! Great work!

Lucas

mmann
July 16th, 2011, 07:50
Thanks Lucas, I am glad you are enjoying the packages! I started work yesterday on my next package for the FSX BC PNW project; although this one could take a fair bit of time to complete.

Regards, Mike Mann