PDA

View Full Version : MK Nakajima G5N Shinzan

mksystem
July 15th, 2011, 08:32
So I bought a "fixer upper" G5N from the used Japanese heavy bomber dealer down the street. First, the paint needed some touch up, then I moved to the engines, OBIO sound was the only way to get it purring again. Then I replaced the one and one half propellers that came with it with four shining new beauties by Kelticheart. Then I said to myself "how am I supposed to bomb anything with the raccoon living in the bomb bay", so out he went and in went some fresh new load outs by Thicko. Finally the bucket and broom handle that comprised the "cockpit" got swapped for a nice panel from Alpha Sim. Well now I am proud to have her parked in my driveway, but the U.S. recon flights over my house are an other matter!!

sc7500
July 15th, 2011, 18:35
I just took that Shinden for a spin after making some minor DP adjustments [added some gunner boxes, cleaned up the damage locations for accuracy] and discovered this interesting anomaly:

In flight the plane looks and performs fine:

Anyone have a repair suggestion to show the landing gear on the ground ?

SC
:kilroy:

Maxstuka
July 15th, 2011, 20:22
I just took that Shinden for a spin after making some minor DP adjustments [added some gunner boxes, cleaned up the damage locations for accuracy] and discovered this interesting anomaly:43657In flight the plane looks and performs fine:43658Anyone have a repair suggestion to show the landing gear on the ground ?SC:kilroy:

This is a VB model?,I thing that is imposible fix the landing gear,It has a very bad multi resolution, I see some problems with old silvia models.The correct fix is if you can contact with Gramps and add better multi models.:icon_lol:

The only opcion that you can try, is change the bubble colition with the MDLC to the most smaller like 1, it can be limitated the distance of the view and change the multi resolution model for one more aproach.But for example any fly a fighter to search targets and there are this model in a airbase, the bad multires apeared and desapeared meaby in very small distance.

Jajaja very sorry for my inglish!!

sc7500
July 16th, 2011, 07:04
Max, your input is always welcome - if it's any consolation, my "speech" is badly slurred from a stroke 2 years ago, making ME almost impossible to understand except in type ~ and even THEN... !

:: sigh ::

Getting old ain't for the meek...
SC
:kilroy:

PS: I went back in and performed my standard AIR and MDL file tweaks - the plane flies even better now, but still no landing gear in the air or on the ground.

To the hangar with her - if I need a fleet of IJN bombers, I'll know where she is !

Jagdflieger
July 16th, 2011, 10:20
Thanks Mksystem.

I like to play around with "what if" scenarios of the war lasting another year into 1946. Like the Luftwaffe, the Japanese had some pretty neat aircraft set for production had the war lasted longer and "if" the Japanese had had the resources and undammaged production lines to support the new designs.

Seagull V
July 16th, 2011, 16:04
There are quite a few aircraft that would be great to have an upgrade for (subject to not upsetting the original creator/s). If we can all throw a few ideas around so we can get some of the favourites looking & operating good (we have a lot of excellent models that have been made by some very talented designers, as well as all of the background knowledge and abilities/skills by many of the members), the other thing to remember is that some of the models can do some interesting things when converted/upgraded and not always the way we want them to. :kilroy:

For those interested in the What-Ifs check out the following website:-
http://www.secretprojects.co.uk (http://www.secretprojects.co.uk/) :wavey:

Jagdflieger
July 16th, 2011, 16:20
Nice site. Thanks for the link.

Here are some rather interesting "what if" Japanese planes that I've played with over the years.

J4M1
Jinpu
Ki 78
Kika