PDA

View Full Version : Alphasim CH-46

An-225
December 9th, 2008, 16:13
I am considering buying the Alphasim CH-46. I'm reasonably familiar with Alphasim helicopters, and I love large transports myself, but the flight dynamics on the MH-53 seemed a bit off.

I have seen footage of Pavelows in action, and they seem to cruise along nicely with maybe 1-2 degrees downward pitch. The Alphasim flight model replicates this, but it is really hard to burn off any speed gained, and it flies at 50-100 knots even with the nose pitched slightly up. I've also noticed that it is hard to burn off speed in the KA-50 too.

Can anyone comment on the quality of the CH-46's flight model? Does it fly at 50 KIAS even with nose level?

Thanks in advance. ;)

chinookmark
December 10th, 2008, 06:45
I've flown the AS CH-46 a little. The aircraft is pretty level at a hover, and requires a noticable nose down attitude for decent forward flight. I haven't really spent a whole lot of time in it, though. It didn't make me go "wow" like the Blackhawk and Apache.

chinookmark
December 10th, 2008, 07:08
I just added the following lines to the aircraft.cfg, and it seems to help a bit:

[MainRotor]
static_pitch_angle = 6

An-225
December 10th, 2008, 15:24
Thank you mate, I'm definately going to buy this now.

djscoo
December 10th, 2008, 17:09
It's a nice model, especially with Pierre Lheureux's paints for it. The VC is it's only weak point.:ernae:

chinookmark
December 11th, 2008, 08:06
It's a nice model, especially with Pierre Lheureux's paints for it. The VC is it's only weak point.:ernae:

Agreed and agreed. Definately get Pierre's repaints. There's a five-pack at avsim. Anyone aware of any replacement rotor textures?

michael davies
December 13th, 2008, 09:02
An-225,

Could you please try this revised file, its a quick pass at trying to get the MH-53 to slow down a bit better, it might not be right, I may not be able to get it any better, but a quick try might tell me if its going in the right direction for you. Please make a back up fo your current aircraft.cft and MH-53.air files please and then paste these in and overwrite.

Just to clarify, I deleted my post last night in a flush of common sense LOL, apologies to those who read it and became confused when it went away.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/mickoo/files/MH-53J_V1.2.zip

Kindest

Michael

An-225
December 14th, 2008, 16:24
Thanks for the flight model mate, it will still reach 150 knots, but it won't accelerate as fast, and I can slow down without it jumping high in the air. Fluid flight all around now.

michael davies
December 15th, 2008, 02:48
Thanks for the flight model mate, it will still reach 150 knots, but it won't accelerate as fast, and I can slow down without it jumping high in the air. Fluid flight all around now.

Good show !, glad it works for you, I'll keep that FDE to one side in case anyone one else in the future has problems, thanks for your testing and patience.

Kindest

Michael