PDA

View Full Version : SOH F100 FSX panel install question

olderndirt
July 13th, 2011, 10:37
As specified in the install 'readme' for the SOH F100 portover, I 'dropped' the 'panel.wide' folder in the 'panel' folder but it landed with a thud. No panel - 2D or VC. What didn't I do?

hschuit
July 13th, 2011, 10:48
Hmm.. don't remember we did put that in the readme, anyway, the panel.wide folder should go into the F-100C_Super_Sabre folder so you should have 2 panel folders in there:

.\F-100C_Super_Sabre\panel\
.\F-100C_Super_Sabre\panel.wide\

hope this helps :icon29:

olderndirt
July 13th, 2011, 16:41
Both folders are in place but, when I open in FSX, I get only a momentary view of the complete panel with the 'SS' texture then it reverts back to a blank gray panel. With the '296' texture, nothing but the blank gray panel.

falcon409
July 13th, 2011, 19:44
Ok, I don't use the wide panel, so I can't speak to that exactly, however I would think that inside the main F-100C_Super_Sabre folder, aside from the model folder, texture folders and the airfile among others you would also have a panel folder and a panel.wide folder. Not one inside the other, but separate folders. Then in the aircraft.cfg file, for the airplane you want the wide panel for you would just be sure that the panel= line reads:
panel=wide.

Is that what you have?

olderndirt
July 15th, 2011, 07:40
To make sure, I deleted then reinstalled. Effects to Effects-Gauges to Gauges-Sound to Sound-Sim Objects/Airplanes/F100C to same. Both 'Panel' and Panel.wide' are listed and in the .cfg for the Danish AF texture 'panel=wide', the other two 'panel= '. Each apppears in FSX as a blank gray panel.

falcon409
July 15th, 2011, 08:00
Ok, a couple of things. . . .first, can you post a shot of what you see in FSX (I assume we're talking about the VC panels, right?). Second, I have all the gauges in the panel folder, not in the gauges folder (not sure if that makes a difference or not).

olderndirt
July 16th, 2011, 08:15
Ok, a couple of things. . . .first, can you post a shot of what you see in FSX (I assume we're talking about the VC panels, right?). Second, I have all the gauges in the panel folder, not in the gauges folder (not sure if that makes a difference or not).It makes all the difference - thanks a lot.

falcon409
July 16th, 2011, 09:17
It makes all the difference - thanks a lot.
Outstanding!! Don't forget to pick up the excellent repaints that Dave did recently. They can still be found under the "What's New" section in the downloads area.:salute: