PDA

View Full Version : OZx AU 4.0 and OZX NA 2.0 ready for download

jeansy
July 12th, 2011, 17:38
can a mod delete this as its no longer available :sleep:

What are they?
OZx v4.0 Parts A and B is a new FULL OZx including Moruya.
OZx Library v2.0 is a new FULL Library needed for both OZx_AUS and OZx_NA.
OZx NA v2.0 is a new FULL OZx_NA including 1OR4

Download the Manual
http://aussiex.org/ozxdistro/manuals/OZx4.0Manual.zip

Link:
http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/files/file/1810-ozx40-ozx-lib20-ozx-na20/

Meshman
July 12th, 2011, 18:37
Thanks for the HU, Matt.

JoeW
July 13th, 2011, 00:58
The links are broken. At the site and in that post.

jeansy
July 13th, 2011, 01:21
yeah...

to be very blunt

there has been a dummy spit from a past dev who went to australian payware mob beacuse some of his freeware stuff went in to the package

now hes threaten legal action if the package wasnt pulled,

the funny thing was it was all good until the other day until orbx and ozx had their falling out over a freeware YBBN

really ?

Australian flight sim devs have to be the biggest bunch of whingers under the sun, **** im over the Australian flight sim community and how easy it is for them to follow the carrot thats dangled in front of them

i wouldnt be surprised if he wants to take legal action for me labelling him a dick in this post

rant over

anyway thanks Anthony for keeping it real mate :guinness:

Rimshot
July 13th, 2011, 02:30
What does the freeware YBBN has to do with ORBX and OZx? The freeware YBBN is made by Anthony (Ants Airports). So I don't understand the link...

jeansy
July 13th, 2011, 02:41
thats easy

among other things, Ants YBBN was hosted at OZx and his site

Orbx didnt like that at all, claims of loss of sales and stuff because of the hosting at ozx, not to mention the level of praise that people gave to ant only just tore the party dress even more

as i said there is a few other things happening in the aussie scenery scene thats makes it just unbelievable how childish some devs are and how every one wants a quick buck in this industry

Anneke
July 13th, 2011, 05:08
But the new library and the OzX NA files has also been pulled? Why?
Come on guys,...

mmann
July 13th, 2011, 06:22
A quote from one of the OZx forums:

Q.Whats the difference between all the drama round these parts lately, and a Punch & Judy Show ??

A. Here, we all know who's pulling the strings.

The answer was followed by a devil smiley (don't have an equivalent here at SOH); sort of says it all.

Regards, Mike Mann

hae5904
July 13th, 2011, 07:59
Darn ...this fussing around doesn't make this hobby a pleasant undertaking lately.

:sleep:

skyhawka4m
July 13th, 2011, 08:09
ok...so I downloaded the NA2.0 and Lib2.0, installed as suggested...will I have any issues?

ryanbatc
July 13th, 2011, 10:04
thats easy

among other things, Ants YBBN was hosted at OZx and his site

Orbx didnt like that at all, claims of loss of sales and stuff because of the hosting at ozx, not to mention the level of praise that people gave to ant only just tore the party dress even more

as i said there is a few other things happening in the aussie scenery scene thats makes it just unbelievable how childish some devs are and how every one wants a quick buck in this industry

Sweet, I want to read the posts! Do you have the links?

hae5904
July 13th, 2011, 11:45
Yeah...as so far, only the manual is downloadable .....

Cheers.

Mithrin
July 13th, 2011, 13:07
Orbx scenery without the OzX airstrips, especially in Australia is utterly boring to me by now. Sorry Orbx but your scenery has been out for a while. It's not as magical to me anymore as when the first AU package got released. Sure fun to start throwing crap at one another. Smart.

Childish also and totally unprofessional. You can only allow yourself to be unprofessional for that long in this tiny little market. Good luck.

Time to play some Operation Arrowhead. I can fly there too, it looks great and I can blow up stuff. Weeeee! :icon_lol:

rwmarth
July 13th, 2011, 13:58
In a day when piracy is so rampant, why would a payware developer ever want to do anything to alienate the costumer base?

dvj
July 13th, 2011, 14:37
I'm deleteing all my FTX payware in protest. It's back to default FSX for me. Better frame rates too. Who needs all those funky airports and scenery? :icon29::icon29::icon29:

Roger
July 13th, 2011, 14:39
We'll all have our own personal opinions why this situation has arisen and what the final outcome may be. In the meanwhile it's up to OZX and ORBX to settle their differences or not. Let's all hope that with time and hopefully more than a modicum of wisdom, common sense prevails and peace will return to our antipodean developers.
Between them OZX and ORBX have enhanced our sim experience beyond what I thought was possible....for it all to end in tears would be ridiculous.
However let's not exacerbate the situation by rumour mongering. If this thread turns into an ORBX or OZX bashing thread it will be closed.

heywooood
July 13th, 2011, 16:05
money money money :kilroy:

I fly the Hog now almost exclusively - whats FTX? lol

Timbohobo
July 13th, 2011, 16:25
Fellas,

OP is doing nothing more than spreading unfounded speculation, read this thread for the real story:
http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/topic/8718-ozx-scenery-ozx40-ozx-lib20-ozx-na20/page__st__20

This is not about orbx-vs-ozx, this is about ozx-vs-ozx unfortunately

(and yes I know exactly what is going on, and no its not nice)

Meshman
July 13th, 2011, 16:29
...our (antipodean) developers.

I had to go to Google to look that word up! :isadizzy:

I'm not going to have a dog in this fight, but I do hope JayKae took some aspirin for his hangover. He seems like a good guy and the FSX world is a better place with him watching over the people of Gotham City!

jeansy
July 13th, 2011, 19:24
Fellas,

OP is doing nothing more than spreading unfounded speculation, read this thread for the real story:
http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/topic/8718-ozx-scenery-ozx40-ozx-lib20-ozx-na20/page__st__20

This is not about orbx-vs-ozx, this is about ozx-vs-ozx unfortunately

(and yes I know exactly what is going on, and no its not nice)

your full of crap tim, go run to JV and snitch on me

I do know what you and the others have been up too

I would love to post the PMs from both parties, OZx and Orbx , but i respect the guys who shared this information

N2056
July 13th, 2011, 19:39
Right. I'll make this really clear. That last exchange could be seen as an attack on a member which is not looked on well by staff. Next bit like that and it's done.

jeansy
July 13th, 2011, 19:49
[ACK]

you might as well lock it or remove it as requested earlier in the thread

N2056
July 13th, 2011, 19:50
Done.