PDA

View Full Version : My Summer Vacation.......

GT182
July 12th, 2011, 12:53
to get out of the house. This is from up in Canada at an undiscloseable location. "TS-Eyes Only". LOL Anyways, this is what I'm up to for a couple of weeks..... hauling CF-5 Tigers down to Delaware, plus extra parts.

GT182
July 13th, 2011, 14:06
I'll be heading up for another one tomorrow morning. Will start loading Friday around 7:30am. Hopefully I'll be on my way back before 11am. Man these CF116s are impressive.

Info here on the Canadian designation.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northrop_F-5

Panther, do you remember these F-5s?

Meshman
July 13th, 2011, 14:35
For the previously "Professional Tourists" in the crowd (:wavey:), how about a picture of the Big Truck?

Not that it matters, but "there ain't no feeling like Chicken Truck mobiling". Whoop, whoop, chicken truck!!!

And no, I don't really miss those days of old. :icon_lol:

GT182
July 13th, 2011, 15:02
Ok, I'll get a photo of the 'truck'. Ain't nuthing special, just a tired ol 2000 Freightliner Century Edition. Actually the outside is way better than the inside. The inside qualifies for Overdrive's junk trunk of the year. LOL I bet you remember that magazine.

At least it's powered by a 470hp Detroit hooked to a 10 speed trans, 2 stage engine retarder, and with a double bunk. Pulls good in the hills..... but needs a new airfilter for better mileage. First truck I've seen without a trolly brake. but I guess it doesn't get one with ABS brakes.

srgalahad
July 13th, 2011, 18:42
to get out of the house. This is from up in Canada at an undiscloseable location. "TS-Eyes Only". LOL Anyways, this is what I'm up to for a couple of weeks..... hauling CF-5 Tigers down to Delaware, plus extra parts.

Back many, many years ago it looked much the same except it was Clunks and Sabres instead of Northrops lying around ...:mixedsmi:

Railrunner130
July 13th, 2011, 18:47
Gary,
Is this a future part of the Sunday morning "airshow"? Or is this for another customer?

GT182
July 16th, 2011, 07:33
Gary,
Is this a future part of the Sunday morning "airshow"? Or is this for another customer?

Not sure on "future" part of Sunday morning. Could be if we can talk Joe and Dave into keeping one. There's 8 total to come down from Canada and 2 to get up here from Florida. And my next backseat ride is...... yep, in one of em.

There's a possibility however.... this is on the QT tho and goes no further.... that the 2 Mig 23s might be going to someone. If that happens then maybe there's a good chance we'll have a CF-116/F-5 at KILG.