PDA

View Full Version : T-6 Harvard/Texan Replacement Prop

falcon409
July 10th, 2011, 17:21
Is anyone aware of a replacement prop blur for the Alpha Sim Harvard/Texan for FSX?

bmd
July 11th, 2011, 09:03
Hello Falcon,

On Avsim I have found a FsX texture fot the Alphasim T6.
Look for fratex.zip by Frank Safranek.. The texture folder is complete. So you may find the prop texture you are looking for.

On Avsim I have found some other FsX texture for the alphasim T6.

Have a good day

Benoit

falcon409
July 11th, 2011, 10:53
Thanks, I did pick up the photoreal textures. The prop blur he used though isn't really up to his normal standards so I'm not sure he made a replacement. . . .just looks like the one that came with the original installation.:salute:

Landman
January 27th, 2012, 10:19
Were you able to find a suitable replacement? I have redid the prop texture for my own use and it looks far better than the original. I have SP2/acceleration. I lightened up the prop blur quite a bit as it was way too dark in the original texture and I got rid of the slowly spinning opaque two blade blur. If you want the textures then P.M. with an email address and I will be glad to send them to you.

Landman
January 27th, 2012, 19:18
Speaking of the AT-6 check out this video. Of course you know that hearing the AT-6 is just as much fun as seeing it. Unfortunately most videos on the net have a lot of background noise, people talking, airshow narrator wont shut up, etc. Well, not this one. Nothing but the pure unadulterated sound of that Pratt R-1430. I don't know which I like better. That snarrrrrl as it goes by or the throaty growl that follows where it seems as though you can hear each individual cylinder firing. So go to the link below, make sure to select 1080P HD on the tool bar in the lower right corner of the YouTube player, select full screen, and turn your speakers up to full volume. You will not be disappointed.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sa8HRVRywWk

Daube
January 28th, 2012, 02:37
While looking on google to see how this Alphasim Texan looked like, I noticed it had some nice photoreal repaints.
Is there any similar repaint for the FSX native Texan out there ? This FSX Texan looks good enough for me not to use a port-over anymore, but I don't really like the original repaints that were included :/

Roger
January 28th, 2012, 02:55
Speaking of the AT-6 check out this video. Of course you know that hearing the AT-6 is just as much fun as seeing it. Unfortunately most videos on the net have a lot of background noise, people talking, airshow narrator wont shut up, etc. Well, not this one. Nothing but the pure unadulterated sound of that Pratt R-1430. I don't know which I like better. That snarrrrrl as it goes by or the throaty growl that follows where it seems as though you can hear each individual cylinder firing. So go to the link below, make sure to select 1080P HD on the tool bar in the lower right corner of the YouTube player, select full screen, and turn your speakers up to full volume. You will not be disappointed.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sa8HRVRywWk

Beautiful sound!:applause:

big-mike
January 28th, 2012, 06:54
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sa8HRVRywWk

Is there a similar soundfile available?
Thank you
Michael