PDA

View Full Version : Damian (aka Windrunner)

Roger
July 10th, 2011, 09:08
It is with great sadness that I have to report that Damian Radice has died.
Damian was suffering from acute leukaemia and finally succumbed to his illness on July 8th 2011
My thoughts go out to his friends and family and I am sure, from all his friends here at the Sim Outhouse.
Damian was a great asset to the Old Hangar forum and helped many people in his role as global moderator and blessed us all with many superb repaints under his forum handle of Windrunner.
God bless Damian.

Bushpounder
July 10th, 2011, 09:11
Oh man! I am so sorry to hear this! I chatted back and forth with Windrunner over the years on the forums. He was one of the good guys.

Don

Panther_99FS
July 10th, 2011, 09:11
DAMN!!!!....Appreciate the news Roger...

Flyboy208
July 10th, 2011, 09:29
So sad to hear this ... Mike

robert41
July 10th, 2011, 09:29
Wow. Quite a shock reading this. We will always remember him through his work. God bless.

grunau_baby
July 10th, 2011, 09:30
Very sad news, my thoughts go out to his family and friends!

Regards
Alex

Ferry_vO
July 10th, 2011, 09:34
So sorry to hear this... He was a great painter and a nice guy..

TARPSBird
July 10th, 2011, 09:43
Very sad news. :frown: Just about everybody in the FS hobby has some of Damian's work in their hangars.

Daveroo
July 10th, 2011, 09:57
sorry to hear of this.....my condolances to his family and friends......he will be missed

norab
July 10th, 2011, 10:22
terrible news, I have enjoyed his work so much, Prayers for his family

Willy
July 10th, 2011, 11:07
Terrible news. Damian was good people and will be greatly missed. My prayers to him and his family.

Astoroth
July 10th, 2011, 11:28
Very sad to hear this, he was a great asset to the community, and a very nice guy as well.

God Bless, Damian

stiz
July 10th, 2011, 11:30
:frown:

OBIO
July 10th, 2011, 11:58
My condolences to his family and friends. He will be missed by many many in the flight sim community, but that pales in comparison to how badly he will be missed by those who knew him and loved him personally.

OBIO

Cazzie
July 10th, 2011, 12:05
That is terrible Roger, saddest news I have heard in months! Damien was truly one of the flight sim community, he and his input will be missed. My condolences to all family and friends.

Caz

wombat666
July 10th, 2011, 12:07
I can only echo the thoughts posted.
Damien was a true gentleman and a 'good bloke'.
Sadly missed.
:kilroy:

Moses03
July 10th, 2011, 13:45
I knew Damian was sick. He asked me not to say anything about it. Damian was one of the nicest people I have met in this hobby. Do you know what his last job was? Working with terminally ill people at a hospice. He was always giving.

Thoughts and prayers to his family.

We will miss you.

Kevin

burcham8
July 10th, 2011, 20:09
What an incredible loss to the FS community. God bless, ya, Damian, and may we be forever in your debt!

Marc

AndyG43
July 10th, 2011, 23:39
No words really. :(

As somebody has already said, a sad loss to our little community but an even greater loss to those around him in the real world.

hairyspin
July 11th, 2011, 12:56
I only knew him through his work, but my sympathies are with his family and friends. He'll be sorely missed.

mrogers
July 11th, 2011, 15:13
Grieved to see that Daiman has passed on. His repaints were top stuff. My deepest condolences to his family.

aeromed202
July 11th, 2011, 15:42
Sad news indeed. It was wonderful how he took on a paint request for me and did such a fab job. A right good chap. My sincere thoughts go to his family.

fsafranek
July 11th, 2011, 16:28
I'm sorry to hear this. :salute:

Milton Shupe
July 12th, 2011, 12:05
Damian has contributed so much over the years in so many ways. He also provided many repaints for our aircraft before ever joining the team in 2005.

His constant striving for improvements in his work and encouragement for improvements on my side helped us to deliver better products with each release and demonstrated his personal dedication to betterment of our hobby. There are many in the broader community who enjoy his artistry and may not know it.

Damian always impressed me with his kind, easy-going nature and tenacity to deliver the best he could. He was looking forward to getting back into his work during a break in his treatments once he regained strength and started feeling better. Unfortunately, upon returning to the hospital, our communications stopped and his health deteriorated.

It is sad to lose one so young, so proud, so giving. My life was enriched by our friendship.

Roger
July 12th, 2011, 15:11
Thanks for adding the photograph Milton!
That is exactly how we should remember Damian.

Cazzie
July 13th, 2011, 08:24
Ditto to Roger on the photo Milton. Not only his repaints, but Damien supplied our flight sim community with some of the best repaint kits ever done. He will be sorely missed by all.

Caz

TeaSea
July 13th, 2011, 16:05
Very sad to hear and thanks for the photo Mr. Shupe.

b24_witchcraft
July 13th, 2011, 16:24
So sad to hear this news! Thoughts and prayers go out to his friends and family.

aeromed202
July 14th, 2011, 08:33
Ditto Roger!

Mick
July 16th, 2011, 04:31
This is heartbreaking news!

Damian was one of the very nicest people I've met in nearly a decade in FlightSim.

I hope his family has some idea of how many friends he made all over the world through this hobby, and how highly regarded he was.

He was one of the most talented painters in the hobby, and a true gentleman.

He will be sorely missed.

franzi
July 16th, 2011, 08:09
My condolences to his family,

He was a great Men and i very sad to hear this.

Franz LOWG

Fnerg
July 16th, 2011, 08:33
This is very tragic, my condolences to Damian's family. A brilliant artist, and a great asset to our community. He will be missed.

SpitXIV
July 16th, 2011, 14:45
Sad indeed, my sympathies to his family and friends.

Milton Shupe
July 24th, 2011, 12:30
I received an Email today from Damian's parents who wanted me to share their thanks for your kind words and condolences.

This is their message to you and everyone who shared your thoughts and symphathies.

Estimado Sr Milton
Somos los padres de Damian y deseamos agradecerle
las condolencias recibidas por la muerte de nuestro hijo,
y las palabras de elogio sobre su persona y trabajo.
Solicitamos que les haga llegar a las personas con las
que estaba relacionado nuestro agradecimiento.-
Atentos saludos
Violeta Colsani y Fernando Radice

Translation from Spanish (loosely)

Dear Mr. Milton

We are the parents of Damian and would like to thank you all for the
condolences received regarding our son's death
and the words of praise [for Damian] and his work.
We ask [that you share our thanks and appreciation with those who sent well wishes].

Yours Sincerely
Violeta Colsani and Fernando Radice

Panther_99FS
July 24th, 2011, 12:53
Thanks for sharing this Milton...

Roger
July 24th, 2011, 14:42
Yes, thank you Milton.

Cazzie
July 24th, 2011, 15:12
Here's another one thanking you Milton, he shall be missed by the lot of us.

Caz

robert41
July 24th, 2011, 15:58
Thanks Milton for sharing this.

VPL Paolo Lao
July 25th, 2011, 06:58
Sad to hear this, I have a couple of his paints, really great guy.

Lionheart
July 25th, 2011, 19:12
May your soul rest in peace Damian. Thanks for all the great posts and plane conversations, and your talk about life in Germany. I loved that most.

May the Lord crush lukemia this year.... May He utterly desomate it that no one else will perish from it ever again.

Bill