PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Melbourne, Oz.

Jafo
July 9th, 2011, 21:29
Looks like I've managed to login/join here finally...;)

I've been messing around with graphics and modding panels etc in FSX for about a year or so now, though my background is with what's known generally as 'skinning'....namely of the Windows GUI.
For the past 10 years I've been an Admin for Stardock's site/s [an MS Gold Partner], but lately spending my spare moments attempting to convince various freeware [and payware] aircraft to look 'right' or at least 'better'.
Several months were spent hunting down graphics/details of my particular fave...Republic's F10fD Thud [I have just about all the books printed], ending up with a 'photo-real' 2D cockpit [1680x1050] that started out as the [very] less-than-ideal Alphasim one. Even nutted out xml coding for revised gauges, etc.
All of it was essentially trial and error .....and a lot of fun...;)

Coming across the FSX-native MiG25 was what got me here...as I'd also been messing with the AS2004 ver of that too. [ended up with a pretty impressive AB - you almost need sunnies to look at]...;)

Anyway....hoping to expand my 'horizons' and grab the odd pearl of wisdom or three from you all...;)

Cheers,
Paul

[the 'Jafo' relates to my being an FIM and FIA Race Official...in the role of 'Observer' [communications]]

Willy
July 9th, 2011, 21:48
Welcome to the Outhouse! :ernae:

Dangerousdave26
July 10th, 2011, 04:35
Yep Welcome

Usually you just have to ask and someone will have a wise answer for you. :icon_lol:

Jafo
July 18th, 2011, 18:49
Bit of an experiment re posting images to the forum...
But if/when a plane has a pretty 'ordinary' or no virtual I try to get the 2D one looking vaguely 'right'....