PDA

View Full Version : 'Good Win Tonight Kyle..'

Panther_99FS
July 9th, 2011, 18:51
And how about that Reutiman & Ryan Newman!

PRB
July 9th, 2011, 19:00
I'll say this about Kyle Busch. Everyone from 2nd on back that they interviewed after the race had the same lame excuse: "well gee whiz it was a great points night for us tonight, we just didn't have anything for the 18 tonight", blah blah blah. And on that last restart, did anybody expect anyone to be able to challenge the 18? Exactly. When Kyle Busch is in 4th place on a GWC restart, you know there's a pretty good chance he will win the race. He wins races, no question about that. Everyone else is points racing.

EasyEd
July 9th, 2011, 19:47
Hey All,

And on that last restart, did anybody expect anyone to be able to challenge the 18? Exactly. When Kyle Busch is in 4th place on a GWC restart, you know there's a pretty good chance he will win the race.'

It was the car not the driver.

If you noticed Keselowski beat Kyle several times on restarts but Brad had to take a couple extra seconds fuel at the end which put him too far behind at the end or he may have challenged. Kyle even blew one restart stacking cars up behind him. Kyle's CC was all over the track changes using the intel he got from Joey Logano's CC. Logano won 3 races in a row at Kentucky before this year. Also the 00 would have beat Kyle in another lap or two. Kyle is a good driver and over the whole night had the best car on the track - hard to beat that. Hamlin's car was also really good but starting 40th is just giving up too much track position. Jimmie did OK getting 3rd.

Also a big congrats to Brad Keselowski for winning the Nationwide race yesterday - Kyle was 3rd behind Harvick.

-Ed-

Panther_99FS
July 9th, 2011, 21:17

-Ed-

And obviously Jimmie Johnson's Cup Championships can easily be attributed the car, not the driver....C'mon EasyEd, surely you can give PRB a better response....:mixedsmi:

And "kudos" to Keselowski in the post race interviews for acknowledging that he wouldn't be where he's at now were it not for Kurt Busch's mentoring ;)

wombat666
July 10th, 2011, 08:05
-Ed-

Remote control was it Ed????
:icon_twi:

Terry
July 10th, 2011, 08:59
Hey All,

-Ed-

Do you mean what you say ED? Or do you just like to stir the pot! Of course stirring the pot is not a bad thing, it can be a lot of fun.

Panther_99FS
July 10th, 2011, 09:22
Do you mean what you say ED? Or do you just like to stir the pot! Of course stirring the pot is not a bad thing, it can be a lot of fun.

You know he likes to stir the pot!!! :icon_lol:
If it's a Busch brother, it's the car....If it's Jimmie or Brad, ..it's driver performance...;)

Daveroo
July 10th, 2011, 09:52
Hey All,

If you noticed Keselowski beat Kyle several times on restarts but Brad had to take a couple extra seconds fuel at the end which put him too far behind at the end or he may have challenged. Kyle even blew one restart stacking cars up behind him. Kyle's CC was all over the track changes using the intel he got from Joey Logano's CC. Logano won 3 races in a row at Kentucky before this year. Also the 00 would have beat Kyle in another lap or two. Kyle is a good driver and over the whole night had the best car on the track - hard to beat that. Hamlin's car was also really good but starting 40th is just giving up too much track position. Jimmie did OK getting 3rd.

Also a big congrats to Brad Keselowski for winning the Nationwide race yesterday - Kyle was 3rd behind Harvick.

-Ed-

id like to see you and kyle ,,,or even ME in ledgens cars and see who wins.....equal cars..like IROC claimed....

EasyEd
July 10th, 2011, 10:57
Hey All,

I see everyone here truly believes Kyle Busch is the greatest most talented driver to ever sit in a stock car.

I say no to that - because he doesn't as I have shown before have the results in terms of wins and championships to have in any way shape or form earned that kind of adulation. I just prefer to back up what I think is "truth" with facts.

You are all welcome to maintain your belief as I will maintain mine. That said...

Kyle is a good driver no question or doubt about that and now he seems to be driving clean and not acting like a punk. For that I say more power to him. If you watched the race last night you know that he had the best car on the track - any good driver including Gordon, Johnson, Busch, etc is generally going to win when they have the best car on the track. Kyle did - absolutely nothing wrong with that. Johnson has certainly had the best car on the track for many of his wins.

How do you decide what percentage of a win belongs to the driver and what percentage belongs to the CC (we'll assume equal pit crew performance for the moment)? Well it certainly can vary from race to race but I think in racing today that in general it is probably in the neighborhood of 60% CC and 40% driver - but that is just my opinion.

I did absolutely see Brad Keselowski give full credit to Kurt Busch for all the help he has given him. Absolutely the right thing to do and doing so simply "fits" with the kind of character Brad Keselowski has. Also I have said more than once that I like Kurt Busch since he "grew up" at the hands of Jimmy Spencer.

Oh an yes I do tend to "stir the pot" - especially in the face of a majority opinion.

-Ed-

Panther_99FS
July 10th, 2011, 12:08
Hey All,

I see everyone here truly believes Kyle Busch is the greatest most talented driver to ever sit in a stock car.

-Ed-

No one here has said that....check the posts carefully :mixedsmi:

Daveroo
July 10th, 2011, 12:16
I WAS the greatest to ever grace the seat of a stock car by..........oh were all concited at times i suppose...no ed not you...drivers....look at Harvick......

Panther_99FS
July 10th, 2011, 12:21
I don't particularly like Harvick much but I won't let my biases get in the way of good judgment and he's definitely improved his game this year & is also a real threat to be the Cup champion...

EasyEd
July 10th, 2011, 15:53
Hey All,

You have to remember that to know Kevin you have to spend some time in Oildale - watch the heavy metal band Korn's video called Oildale sometime. I been there - spent a summer in Bakersfield and my bothers and sisters graduated from West High - Harvick graduated from Noth High. Oildale's other most famous alumni turned 21 years old in San Quentin Prison - his name is Merle Haggard. Kevin comes by who he is honestly. Richard Childress and Dale Earnhardt Sr saw the quality in Kevin Harvick and both liked what they saw. Kevin really was the only logical choice to inherit the black number 3 and he has delivered.

Nice of you to say he's improved.

-Ed-

Ah what the heck here's a little rap about Bakersfield - Oildale is basically a suburb. Aah the smell of the stockyards at 101 deg F I remember it well...

zYMBaYJOxzs

Panther_99FS
July 10th, 2011, 17:48
Nice of you to say he's improved.

Like I said,
I don't like him much personally but I don't let this cloud my logical & rational thinking ;)

Cazzie
July 11th, 2011, 07:00
Ed, I don;t think I have ever talked about Harvick's inability to race, he's first class there, it's that arrogant do-no-wrong personality he has that totally turns me off.

On the other hand, Jimmie Johnson is one of nicest fellows you'd ever want to meet. And you do not win 5 titles by not know how to drive. I think it's the fact that he has such New Your Yankee LUCK that drives me bananas :icon_lol:, And I have always despised the New York Yankees!

Caz

PRB
July 31st, 2011, 08:34
Did anyone here just catch the interview between the ESPN reporter and Kyle Busch? ESPN dude asked Kyle why he thinks people don't like him. His answer was a shrug, followed by his theory: “Guilt by associated, for being Kurt's brother”! That's it! OMG! :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: Here's a clue Kyle: For many people, that answer is the answer!

Panther_99FS
July 31st, 2011, 09:12
:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Terry
July 31st, 2011, 09:19
Did anyone here just catch the interview between the ESPN reporter and Kyle Busch? ESPN dude asked Kyle why he thinks people don't like him. His answer was a shrug, followed by his theory: “Guilt by associated, for being Kurt's brother”! That's it! OMG! :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: Here's a clue Kyle: For many people, that answer is the answer!

Yeah, I choked on my breakfast burro when I heard that one. He has no clue!!

Panther_99FS
July 31st, 2011, 11:04
Yeah, I choked on my breakfast burro when I heard that one. He has no clue!!

Kyle was joking.....

Terry
July 31st, 2011, 12:25
Kyle was joking.....

No he wasn't. He blames everyone but himself for his problems.

Panther_99FS
July 31st, 2011, 13:46
No he wasn't. He blames everyone but himself for his problems. Yes he was joking ...We just have to agree to disagree here....

Terry
July 31st, 2011, 14:28
Yes he was joking ...We just have to agree to disagree here....

No, I agree. Just jerking your chain a little. But I really don't believe he understands why he is not loved by one and all!!

Panther_99FS
July 31st, 2011, 15:55
LoL I actually don't think he doesn't care....

Terry
August 1st, 2011, 03:26
LoL I actually don't think he doesn't care....

It will be interesting to see how he reacts if Edwards takes the 20 ride. Who will be the Gibbs top banana? Who will get all the press? Can he stand Edwards pulling in a LOT more money than he gets?

Panther_99FS
August 1st, 2011, 11:14
I would *guess* that Denny already gets more than him....